3 - Alchemy
07. Spirits Of The Sea
08. Silent Masquerade [feat. Tommy Karevik]
09. Serene
10. Shadow Play

Guest review by
4look4rd
Rating:
Tarja started her solo career with the impossible task of delivering a follow-up to multiple genre-defining albums with Nightwish. While My Winter Storm was a solid album in a vacuum, when you are Tarja fucking Turunen fans expect too much, and many lost interest after that release. Thankfully Tarja has found her place in heavy metal.

Read more ››
published 20.04.2020 | Comments (0)

Found in 6 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 275 users
28.05.2019 - 11:12
Rating: 7
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
So, she's naked?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
31.08.2019 - 00:26
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Kangaroo Jury on 30.08.2019 at 07:40

This pointless operatic bs again.

Hmm, your comment actually makes me hopeful. I thought her debut solo album was actually extremely well done. But then she started trying to make her albums more "metal," and everything went downhill fast. Hopefully this is a return to her original solo sound.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
31.08.2019 - 10:29
Rating: 8
TheNordicGamer

Damn this album surprised me, Tarja is on to something again 🤘
That track with Cristina Scabbia though, kind of makes me want a collaboration album.
02.09.2019 - 14:42
tiny dog ghosts

PLEASE Tarja hire a songwriter. The production and so on are fine, she sounds good, but every single track is completely unremarkable
04.09.2019 - 01:00
Rating: 8
Elisyon

This is actually better than her last two awful albums. still missing something but at least I am able to go through it
05.09.2019 - 11:35
moribun

A few interesting moments but honestly the music and its composition are both falling flat. An excuse to hear her sing.
24.09.2019 - 02:11
ozzy87

This is pop rock. Symphonic metal?

I haven't been In Touch with her solo career but to waste such an operatic voice for mediocre pop rock music. It's ok, it's listenable but what she has done for Nightiwsh is much more ambitious and complex. Jesus save us.

I'm suggesting moderator to fix it (the genre). Pop Rock is my guess
11.10.2019 - 16:31
Enissa

At least this time I was able to finish listening to the album. Definitely better than the last two abominations of an album, but the song composition is still average. The collaborations are actually fine (specifically the one with Tommy), and operatic vocals are back again, which is always welcome.

Hits total: 4458 | This month: 7