Metal Storm logo
Andre Matos - Passed Away

It seems that more and more metal legends are passing away as time goes on, as legendary Angra and Shaman frontman Andre Matos has passed away on the 8th of June.

Some of Andre's friends and bandmates, past or present, have posted tributes to their deceased friend, some of which in Portuguese, thus sloppily translated below.

Ricardo Confessori, who has been the drummer of Shaman since the band's inception posted the following in Portuguese: "Fate has united us, separated us, reunited us and now preached more with us. It is with deep pain in our hearts that we say goodbye to Andre once more, this time in a definitive way. In addition to the wound that will never heal, and even knowing that we spend glorious moments with our companion and friend, there will remain forever the best of it in our hearts. R.I.P."

Angra posted the following message on their Facebook page, also in Portuguese: "With much pain we received the news of the death of Andre Matos. The Angra is in mourning. Andre was essential for the success and consecration of this band. The contribution of his talent and presence is invaluable. There are no words at this time that describe the size of the emptiness left in the hearts of those who loved him from near and far. Brazil loses an irreplaceable talent of the genre Heavy Metal and with it dies the hope of seeing it in our stages again. May the angels receive your soul and may the Fire Goddess hold the flame of her artistic legacy on forever. R.I.P. Andre Matos"

Avantasia, who have shared the stage of Andre's last live performance, posted the following on their Facebook page: "I am devastated by the tragic news about the passing of my friend André Matos whom I shared the stage with only five days ago. I am in shock. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Rest in peace, André Matos"

The singer's official Facebook page also posted the following in Portuguese: "It is with deep regret that we confirmed André's death this Saturday morning due to cardiac arrest. As many people know, he was an extremely reserved person - and he manifested in his life, more than once, the desire not to have a wake. Respecting his will, he will be cremated today with the presence of only his relatives. Thank you all for understanding and we count on you so that André's memory and legacy will remain alive forever. Carry on."

May he rest in peace.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Andre Matos
Posted: 09.06.2019 by RaduP

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 258 users
09.06.2019 - 12:56
wrathchild

Damn... he was my favorite singer back when I discovered there was more to metal than Metallica... Granted, not everything past the Angra days was great but he was still an incredible singer and composer.

RIP.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
09.06.2019 - 12:58
mandrake88
Account deleted
R.I.P André. You were a key person in power metal scene. May your voice echo forever in the heavens.
09.06.2019 - 13:47
majormalfunction

Fuck. This is sad. Great singer and songwriter. Need to dig out some of those old Angra records
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
09.06.2019 - 14:27
JoHn Doe

Sad and shocking news, so young.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
09.06.2019 - 15:21
Darkside Momo
Retired
Sad news. Never been a fan of his works but he had such an incredible voice... RIP André!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
09.06.2019 - 15:43
Zenzero
Zenzero
I still can't believe it... I'm really sad!
09.06.2019 - 16:40
TheNordicGamer

It's so weird, I've been watching some clips from his last show with Avantasia and the man was on fire just days before of his passing.
I don't know the current situation with Shaman but I do hope Matos was able to make one last record with the band because this is way to early to say goodbye to one of the greats.
09.06.2019 - 16:47
BlankFile

Still shocked by this sad news. André Matos was a complete musician, an extremely creative artist. He will be strongly missed.

Rest in Piece, André
09.06.2019 - 16:54
Iceland_Norway

I'm truly shocked for the death of Andre Matos. Can't believe he died at only 47. May your aim rest in peace Andre Matos.
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
09.06.2019 - 17:05
Lulucifer

I saw him on a concert like, a couple of months ago here in Brazil. I couldn't believe it, he was so young and still kicking ass.

Such a great loss for Brazil metal scene and for metal in general.
09.06.2019 - 18:09
SAY10

Just some days before he played with Tobias in Avantasia. Terrible news, also surprising giving his young age. Very sad about this.
09.06.2019 - 20:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its sad, he was a big name in Brazilero metalo , I dont like non if his bands only Viper, but he had good vocals, maybe musicians should be german?
Another big mussican has fallen.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.06.2019 - 21:03
mikeprado30

I cried him as I've never cried another musician.

May your soul rest in peace, GUERREIRO DO METAL!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
10.06.2019 - 03:09
Khold Baroness

Rest in peace 🙏🌠

Hits total: 6259 | This month: 9