Metal Storm logo
Old school heavy metal battle

Poll

Which of these 80's metal bands do you preffer?

Agent Steel
Helstar
Manilla Road
Crimson Glory
T.N.T.
Omen
Q5
Deadly Blessing
Acid

Total votes: 64
26.05.2006 - 02:36
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I tried to pick a little more diverse list. I like all these bands and all of them show what metal was back in the 80's.

My favorite must be Agent Steel (I'll talk only about their 80's albums now). It took me quite some time to get into them, but now they are one of my most loved bands. With songs like "Rager", "Bleed for the Gods", "Mad Locust Rising" or my personal favorite "144.000 Gone" that you can't forget. Not to metion John Cryiis pipes or the demential solos & riffs.

Of course I like the other bands and could always relate to them as some of the best bands that decade had to bring. Crimson Glory had "Transcendence", Manilla Road "The Deluge" or "Cristal Logic", Omen "The Curse", Q5 "Steel the Light", Deadly Blessing "Ascend from the Cauldron", T.N.T. "Knights of the New Thunder", Acid "Maniac", Helstar "Remnants of War" or the aclaimed "Nosferatu". Of course there were other great bands like Loudness, Adrian, Overdirve, Griffin, Destiny or Hittman, but I can't list them all.

Don't come posting about the all known bands, you have a lot of pools for them, this is another kind of pool. Please refrain from pointless posts.
26.05.2006 - 13:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I vote for Mannila Road, because thay are great and amzing band, from list In like them best and well I agree about well know bands, but some people dont know well know bands too

If you all wanna hear clasic albums try www.vibrationsofdoom.com there are clasic albums, from all bands who has mantioned here

From list I know Omen, Helstar, Acid from others onlyv name
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.05.2006 - 13:58
Hellish Star

Damn, too difficult. It was a choice between Agent Steel and Helstar. It's as difficult as making the choice between my father and my mother....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
31.05.2006 - 20:50
danzig111
Account deleted
ewwwww all the unknown bands. i mean i like underground as much as the next metal head, but when it comes to old school metal, that's where i draw the line.
31.05.2006 - 22:19
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@danzig111: why did you even post here, if you don't know any of the bands? Just to show your ignorance? Another thing is that underground they weren't most of you haven't heard of them, because of attitudes like yours they got underground. Too bad cause none of the more recent bands can compare to so many bands from the 80's. PS: there are a lot of popeple that heard about about: Agent Steel, Crimson Glory or Helstar (just as an example).
31.05.2006 - 23:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
All old school metal bands is posible hear in www.vibrationsofdoom.com quality are bad, but just now I listen Stormwitch
----

apos;'
[image]
19.06.2006 - 13:53
marinBG

All this bands are a bit boring to me... And I don't think they are the only bands that play old school heavy metal... and if I have to go with the 80s I would rather go with Bon Jovi!

AND WHAT ABOUT IRON MAIDEN! they basicly tore appart the 80s dudes! That's the mest 80s heavy metal band for me...
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
19.06.2006 - 14:57
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Written by marinBG on 19.06.2006 at 13:53

All this bands are a bit boring to me... And I don't think they are the only bands that play old school heavy metal... and if I have to go with the 80s I would rather go with Bon Jovi!

AND WHAT ABOUT IRON MAIDEN! they basicly tore appart the 80s dudes! That's the mest 80s heavy metal band for me...

So these are boring to you? I'm sure you haven't heard more than one song from any of the bands mentioned there. Nobody asks you to listen to something, so please go and listen to Bon Jovi if you think that is "METAL". It's pointless to show you something if you just don't want to see it...please go an post in the bon jovi and iron maiden threads and leave the more obscure bands to poeple that truly know and like great bands that have been forgoten, just because they didn't get publicity in the 90. Just go ask some 30-35 years old metalheads about these bands an many will know about them.
19.06.2006 - 15:19
Dam3k

ehm man... stop insulting and being unrespectful with the rest of the people who don't know this bands... I just know Manilla Road, Angent Steel and T.N.T, so I think that's not enough to vote. You seem to be proud of listen to not-known metal bands that's ok... but just don't make a poll to show off yourself... I listen other old school metal bands u probably maybe don't know and I don't make a poll to show off and to insult the rest of the people who says that don't know that bands...
----

19.06.2006 - 16:18
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Igorant as I am, don't know half of th e bands on the poll so I didn't vote, but from the poll I would chose Manilla Road they're a trip to Valhalla...

But my favourite band of their kind is Cirith Ungol... I'm in love with them.
19.06.2006 - 16:28
marinBG

hihik... i DO NOT consider Bon Jovi metal but it rocks, yes... more than Maiden and those bands... It is true I haven't listened to a lot of songs by those bands, but just because I havn't really liked what I've heard... So that is my opinion, and I think I AM entitled to express it if I feel like it, right?

P.S.: I actually do post in the Maiden thread
----
19.06.2006 - 19:51
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Written by marinBG on 19.06.2006 at 16:28

It is true I haven't listened to a lot of songs by those bands, but just because I havn't really liked what I've heard... So that is my opinion, and I think I AM entitled to express it if I feel like it, right?

If you haven't listened to something, how can you have an ideea about them? Why do pople post in threads they have nothing good to say or know almost nothing? You are entitled to express yourself about something when you know what that something is about. When you listen too one or two tracks from a band you really aren't entitled to pass judgments about that band. If you don't like the genre it's ok, but again don't start talking about the genre if you haven't listened to it enogh. As for example I can say I don't like black metal, but I won't go posting in black metal threads.

@Dam3k: It's you problem what you know, like...as I remember it's a free world, and everybody is entitled to their oppinion, as you are or marinBG was. It's just I don't see the need for some post.
19.06.2006 - 22:26
Dam3k

@Venom_Bm: Kk, you maybe cannot see the need of some post but that doesn't mean u must tease and insult the author, that's childish, or unmannered, as u prefer...
----

20.06.2006 - 02:26
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm gonna vote for Manilla Road...they put out pretty consistant albums and have been pretty consistant throughout the years and compose awesome riffs and their vocalist is pretty awesome...he sounds like a nerd sometimes hahaha...anyway, they're a great NWOBHM band and have matured quite a lot throughout their career...I love their fantasy themes...great band...they rock!
20.06.2006 - 02:59
marinBG

Written by Guest on 19.06.2006 at 19:51

Written by marinBG on 19.06.2006 at 16:28

It is true I haven't listened to a lot of songs by those bands, but just because I havn't really liked what I've heard... So that is my opinion, and I think I AM entitled to express it if I feel like it, right?

If you haven't listened to something, how can you have an ideea about them? Why do pople post in threads they have nothing good to say or know almost nothing? You are entitled to express yourself about something when you know what that something is about. When you listen too one or two tracks from a band you really aren't entitled to pass judgments about that band. If you don't like the genre it's ok, but again don't start talking about the genre if you haven't listened to it enogh. As for example I can say I don't like black metal, but I won't go posting in black metal threads.

@Dam3k: It's you problem what you know, like...as I remember it's a free world, and everybody is entitled to their oppinion, as you are or marinBG was. It's just I don't see the need for some post.

Look dude, first of all, listing to 2 or 3 tracks of a band is usually enoght to see if you like them or dislike them... remember how one or two tracks probably got you to like at least half of your favourite bands... and I've listen to at least two tracks per band, so I think I have the right to have an opinion about it. And my did have a point and it was that for me this server is incomplete and there are voting options missing (Iron Mainden) and the fact that you don't like them or don't respect them doesn't mean you have the right to diss me about my post. So if you think I shouldn't be saying what I was saying, you should be shuthing up also!

P.S.: besides the point I wanted to make with my first post there actually was a bit of arogance and intolerance in it for which I have to appologize. I could have stated my opinion in a more sensitive way. Still, besides it's not exactly a small deal, it is not huge deal either, despite the fact that I was wrong in the way expressed my opinion... Appology accepted?
----
20.06.2006 - 12:57
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Written by marinBG on 20.06.2006 at 02:59

Look dude, first of all, listing to 2 or 3 tracks of a band is usually enoght to see if you like them or dislike them... remember how one or two tracks probably got you to like at least half of your favourite bands... and I've listen to at least two tracks per band, so I think I have the right to have an opinion about it. And my did have a point and it was that for me this server is incomplete and there are voting options missing (Iron Mainden) and the fact that you don't like them or don't respect them doesn't mean you have the right to diss me about my post. So if you think I shouldn't be saying what I was saying, you should be shuthing up also!

P.S.: besides the point I wanted to make with my first post there actually was a bit of arogance and intolerance in it for which I have to appologize. I could have stated my opinion in a more sensitive way. Still, besides it's not exactly a small deal, it is not huge deal either, despite the fact that I was wrong in the way expressed my opinion... Appology accepted?

I agree almost that after listening to a few tracks you can say if you are intrested by one band (in most cases), but aren't entitled to pass judgments about the quality of the music at all. Because this topic was missing your favorite options doesn't mean it's incomplete, it's just not made for you. I'm not disrespecting Iron Maiden for example, they just don't belong here as they are still well known, while these bands are known for another category of metalheads, and most aren't there. Anyway I acccept your appology, as this is way too off topic and also pointless.
20.06.2006 - 13:08
marinBG

kewl... I still have a little problem with the fact that I should accept the fact that "this topic is not made for me" but whatever... the thing is I don't think that it is right to exclude the bands that are still succesful just because they are... cause maybe the fact that they managed to hang on and the other bands didn't may be means something... hint hint... anyway, enough offtopic, right
----
20.06.2006 - 17:29
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@marinBG: You still don't get it? There are other threads for those bands. And these bands maybe aren't great to you but there sure are other poeple that think they are great.
20.06.2006 - 17:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Hard poll for it is between Agent Steel (their 80s albums) Crimson Glory (their first two albums) but I think I will vote for Agent Steel because their sound is a bit more original than Crimson Glory's IMO (Crimson Glory reminds me a bit too much of Queensryche at times, especialy Crimson Glory's debut album) And well John Cyriis vocals are just awesome as is Agent Steel's guitar work.
So Agent Steel it is.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.06.2006 - 18:13
Hellish Star

Damn, the youth really is ignorant about metal....
----

22.06.2006 - 01:38
marinBG

Written by Hellish Star on 21.06.2006 at 18:13

ingorance and subjective personal taste are two complitly differnt things, so get over it! What you like or don't like does not make you better educated, cooler, smarter, stronger or anything like that...
or if I have to use your way of expression... damn, the old people are really a binch of closmidened retro freaks...

anyway, i'm obviusly not welcome in this topic so i'll try to stay out of it as much as I can as long as I don't get quited with dumb replies...
----
22.06.2006 - 06:52
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@Hellish Star: I think we should open some more mainstream threads, us the old geezers!

@marinBG & Dam3k: you are welcomed anywhere as long as you have something constructive to say.
22.06.2006 - 08:20
Hellish Star

Written by marinBG on 22.06.2006 at 01:38

Written by Hellish Star on 21.06.2006 at 18:13

ingorance and subjective personal taste are two complitly differnt things, so get over it! What you like or don't like does not make you better educated, cooler, smarter, stronger or anything like that...
or if I have to use your way of expression... damn, the old people are really a binch of closmidened retro freaks...

anyway, i'm obviusly not welcome in this topic so i'll try to stay out of it as much as I can as long as I don't get quited with dumb replies...

Closeminded? Maybe you're right but at least we know what we're talking about... Be welcome anyway but listen to these bands before telling us Iron Maiden is the only band from the eighties... I grew up with Maiden god damned ...
----

22.06.2006 - 09:39
marinBG

Written by Hellish Star on 22.06.2006 at 08:20
Be welcome anyway but listen to these bands before telling us Iron Maiden is the only band from the eighties... I grew up with Maiden god damned ...

Actually because of this thead I'm checking back on a some of the bands on the list already... and I never said Maiden were the only band in the eighties, becaus you had Bon Jovi (if you get hung up on that joke, you really need to lithen up) What I said about Maiden was that I like them more than the bands listed and I feel that they belong in this list, that's all...
----
22.06.2006 - 12:53
Dam3k

@ Venom_BM: I don't know what's not constructive in what I said...
----

22.06.2006 - 18:52
Hellish Star

Written by marinBG on 22.06.2006 at 09:39

Written by Hellish Star on 22.06.2006 at 08:20
Be welcome anyway but listen to these bands before telling us Iron Maiden is the only band from the eighties... I grew up with Maiden god damned ...

Actually because of this thead I'm checking back on a some of the bands on the list already... and I never said Maiden were the only band in the eighties, becaus you had Bon Jovi (if you get hung up on that joke, you really need to lithen up) What I said about Maiden was that I like them more than the bands listed and I feel that they belong in this list, that's all...

No, Maiden doesn't belong to this list because first of all there are already threads enough about them and second these are typical US metal bands (except for Acid) - so US heavy metal/power metal/melodic metal. Maiden is/was a NWOBHM band. The difference between these bands and Maiden is rather big, although there are Maiden influences...
----

22.06.2006 - 18:59
marinBG

OK, cool...
----
08.07.2006 - 14:03
lordz
IzZo
I voted for Omen
since their guitar work influnced bands from diffrent generes
07.08.2006 - 14:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I had chacked almoust all bands, and still I dont change my vote Manilla Road are best
Maybe secend wote goes for Omen, because its powerfull guitars and great vouce, also Acid are firts Belguum traditional/heavy metal band what I know, same about TNT, only heavy metal bands from Norvay what I know

For all almoust all bands are in vibrationsofdoom.com and almoust rom all bands there are albums for free exept q5 and Agent Steel
----

apos;'
[image]
08.08.2006 - 17:30
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@Wo0dy: guess what it isn't! But hey why did you post if you didn't know any bands, if you want to check them out ok, otherwise another usless post.