Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Three More Song Samples

In addition to the "Eva" sample, you can now listen to three more samples from the upcoming Nightwish album here:
http://www.nightwish.com/en/files/audio

Nightwish's new single "Eva" is available at Nuclear Blast Musicshop. All European income of this single will be donated to the children charity foundation "Die Arche". You can buy the song here.

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 05.06.2007 by lupas

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 5 users
05.06.2007 - 10:21
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
damn i thought it was 3 more new ones, ive already heard these awhile ago
05.06.2007 - 12:01
velvet

The songwriting seems amazing, they're still metal (thank Christ) and it sounds better than Once... but where are the operatic vocals!? Nightwish just wouldn't be Nightwish without them - and how the hell are they going to do the old stuff live!?
05.06.2007 - 12:35
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Good question velvet! We must wait to hear the entire album to know if operatic vocals are totally disappeared... Hope it's not so...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
05.06.2007 - 15:46
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by velvet on 05.06.2007 at 12:01

The songwriting seems amazing, they're still metal (thank Christ) and it sounds better than Once... but where are the operatic vocals!? Nightwish just wouldn't be Nightwish without them - and how the hell are they going to do the old stuff live!?

As Tarja became less and less operatic, this is what the result would've been with Tarja just in a few years. And if you hear live, there's even less operatic than on the albums. On the studio album there are so many layers and so on, I think it's better now, it sounds more natural. And beside, Nightwish is still in the music that Tuomas writes, not the singin (at least I think so). There is no other than Nightwish that has a cinematic feel in their music Hail Tuomas and his Movie Metal \m/ lol xD
05.06.2007 - 16:06
velvet

The songwriting is phenominal, yes, but there were so many operatic elements, even live! It faded a little on Once, true, but it was still there.

And surely Rhapsody is more cinematic, if less power-metal...
05.06.2007 - 22:33
Etaín

@cradle: Wouldnt count on it. Anette hasnt had any operatic singing training at all.
06.06.2007 - 03:05
SacredBlade

Sorry fellas, the new singer sounds weak and predictable (average at best). Some people may not like Tarja, but I'm afraid this girl is not even in the same league as her... It's going to be interesting to hear her sing some of the more difficult and also melodic songs that Tarja performed with them. I give her points for stepping up to the task, but I think she's gonna find out (like everybody else) that the void in Nightwish from Tarja's absence can never truly ever be filled........
06.06.2007 - 03:26
Fhuesc

I agree 100% with SacredBlade, the song are boring and the voice of Anette cant compare with tarjas voice. I think that their new album is going to suck
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
06.06.2007 - 09:03
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
...says people who have heard no more than 2 mins of the album. What if its just because she sings different to Tarja? Its just a change, all bands go through it, fans will always dispute, but generally the become adapted. Nightwish was always going to head in this direction musically.
06.06.2007 - 11:39
Marruu?
Account deleted
If you watch the video blog.. on the video with Anette in the studio, you will hear a sample from the new album when they take promo pictures.. I think it is the song The Poet And The Pedulum... That sounds like the best song i ever heard, a Ghost Love Score, just ten times better
12.06.2007 - 00:32
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
The samples sound fucking brilliant. Amazing. Great. But I really miss the soprano vocals, it's almost like a new band now, which is a pity. But they've already released some great records with soprano vocals, so at least I have some of that to listen to

Hits total: 2219 | This month: 4