Metal Storm logo
Blazon Stone - Call It Quits

Yesterday, Blazon Stone's mastermind Cederick Forsberg checked in with announcement that he is putting the band to rest after being active for 11 years, and composing five full length records. The latest one, Hymns Of Triumph And Death, was released in April, 2019. Full statement from Cederick can be read below.

Official statement from Cederick Forsberg: It's time to let Blazon Stone die. For the last few years I've tried to find suitable band members that are both talented and passionate. I cannot find a singer. I cannot find a drummer. I have tried everything can no longer come up with any new ideas how to keep the ship above surface.

"I also don't any longer enjoy the whole concept of Blazon Stone: The whole idea from the start was just to record a "RW style" album for fun. As the song writing quality stepped up a lot with "War Of The Roses" and "Down In The Dark" (compared to the first 2) I felt like this can actually become something and I got ambitious... And then entered the nightmares of trying to actually have a fuctioning line-up. But the concept is the thing I like the least: There's nothing original about this project I can be proud of. It's just blatant copy of an existing band. There's individual songs I've written that I'm proud of, but that's not enough.

"Of course I'm thankful for various temporary live stand-ins like vocalist Philip Forsell, both drummers Daniel Sjögren and Kalle Löfgren, as well as bass players Jimmy Mattsson and Kevin Crona, and let's not forget 2nd guitarist Emil! But I can't go on like this anymore.

"There's obviously no interest among any great musicians to join Blazon Stone for a real line-up. And I cannot afford to hire professinal musicians for live use either, because there's really not a lot of money involved when a band is at this size. Bands like Sabaton or HammerFall may be able to hire anybody they want to because they have big labels backing if needed. I don't have anything to save this sinking ship anymore.

"Of course I'm thankful for all fans who has bought the albums, but I still cannot simply summon any talented musicians out of nowhere.

"Now it's over. I have given up on Blazon Stone. There's nothing more I can do. I have tried as much as I can. Thanks for all /// C."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blazon Stone
Posted: 17.07.2019 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 63 users
17.07.2019 - 12:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Smells weord its possible find a members what can play Southern Sweden is to big there can be 20 guys who wants play...
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.07.2019 - 16:23
MikeVonDoom

So... who were they?
17.07.2019 - 18:40
Cederick

Written by MikeVonDoom on 17.07.2019 at 16:23

So... who were they?

Just a studio project who tried to go live but couldn't find suiting band members.
I played all instruments on albums and had different session vocalists for the album recordings

Written by Bad English on 17.07.2019 at 12:14

Smells weord its possible find a members what can play Southern Sweden is to big there can be 20 guys who wants play...

Apparently I couldn't and had to give up at some point
17.07.2019 - 19:03
Cederick

Thats also true HAHA!
17.07.2019 - 21:16
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Cederick on 17.07.2019 at 19:03

Thats also true HAHA!

When I really got into RW 10 years ago I did some heavy listening to blazon Stone and really enjoyed it. But ya I never bought a record because it was so derivative. I can surely see how you're not creatively satisfied and hope you get something else off the ground in your own style because you're a very talented song writer/recorder!
17.07.2019 - 23:01
Batlord666

Running Wild up to The Brotherhood is in the top 3 of my most important and favorite bands of all time, and I have been seriously enjoying all the output of Blazon Stone. Sometimes I forget I'm not actually listening to Running Wild. So, this really bums me out.

But, I absolutely understand not wanting to continue feeling like you're a rip-off - for example, I'm not fond of Gruesome as they are a blatant Death clone, yet I love Blazon Stone. So, you do you, and thanks for the albums.
18.07.2019 - 06:05
Cederick

Yeah, it was meant to be a fun one-off project to begin with. I had no ambitions.
Then with the third album "War Of The Roses" I suddenly had a really good singer within Sweden and felt like "now is the time!!".
I tried go live and couldn't find suitable band members. I had some temporary stand-ins for the shows (drummers, singer, bass players) but none of them could stay for long, especially drummers who already had active bands.

As I said in the goodbye text...
I'm not proud of the concept/sound of the band, but I AM proud of many of the individual songs I've written for Blazon Stone.
18.07.2019 - 15:16
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Batlord666 on 17.07.2019 at 23:01

Running Wild up to The Brotherhood is in the top 3 of my most important and favorite bands of all time...

Would that top 3 be: RW, Virgin Steele and Manilla Road?
----
My vision is augmented
20.07.2019 - 20:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
That sucks I would prefer Running Wild to call it quits and Blazon Stone bearing the torch further...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

21.07.2019 - 01:02
ZeroTheHero

Hymns of Triumph and Death is absolutely fantastic and i think War of the Roses was superb as well.

Loved having a Running Wild type band producing quality material.

I will miss them.
28.01.2020 - 18:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Since band changed name, then broke up, changed name back and basically FB is full whit such thinks, still now seems band is back, but we can wait untill official statement or new music be out, we wait

Blazon Stone
3 hrs ·
GUESSING GAME...
I just recorded drums for another Running Wild youtube cover.
Which song?

Winner maybe gets a boring meme!

I will upload tomorrow

----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1441 | This month: 3