Who is you favourite Mayhem vocalist?

Attila Csihar
Dead
Maniac

Total votes: 119
05.06.2007 - 22:20
Hamird
Lieutenant
Dead was the brain of the band, when he was alive ... he wrote the best lyrics of mayhem songs. and also he was the frontman of mayhem's golden era.
Maniac; I think he was not good for mayhem, his voice have never fixxed with mayhem songs. for example when he sang De Mysteriis Dom Satanes, in live concert was very bad ...
but Attila, the one who i vote for him, is incredible. he sang black metal like a opera vocalist. his voice is the best in black metal history (in my opinion) ... and also his personality. he does very nice makeup which are not same as others.
06.06.2007 - 00:11
Trifixion
Account deleted
Haha I was actually thinking of making this thread not too long ago. Anyway I really am torn between Attila and Dead. Before the new album, I would have voted for Dead hands down even though I think Atilla was great on DMDS. But Attila is fucking amazing on Ordo Ad Chao. He added so much variation to his voice and he sounds creepy as hell.
I'll get back to this one...
06.06.2007 - 12:51
APOHAKC
The Bard
Voted for Attila
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.06.2007 - 12:58
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
DEAD >>>> 1000 * Attila.

Period.
06.06.2007 - 18:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Hell no.

Dead was good but not unique, Attila is legend.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.06.2007 - 19:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I thought this thread already existed?

...guess not, oh well. Im probably the only person on earth who didnt vote for that greatly overrated Attila. I voted Maniac, Grand Declaration of War sucked, but Deathcrush and Chimera were awesome, and Wolfs Lair Abyss.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
06.06.2007 - 21:57
Kaamos
Account deleted
Greatly overrated Attila? All I hear is people praising Ohlin, over and over again. Rather surprised to see Csihar leading this poll.

Yes, voted for Attila. Original, haunting sound which fits the atmosphere perfectly. His performance on De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (track) is phenomenal.
Alas, haven't got around to getting Ordo ad Chao yet.
07.06.2007 - 00:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Yeah Dead is also completely overrated, people just like him because he blew his brains out it seems. He appeared on one official album, and it was a friggin live album! im curious as to how people have actually heard his demos?
----
- George Carlin
07.06.2007 - 12:18
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
^ Dude , at what basis you say that Attila is better then Dead ? Have you heared Dead's voice , Its way better then any other black metal vocalist EVERRRRRRRRRR !!

Listen all the stuff by dead , if you really want to know how he actually sounds like. Get the album in which Morbid&Mayhem songs are featured. Vocal by dead , amazing it is .... If i have to give example of GRIM voxxxx then anyday i'll go with Dead.

Written by Doc G. on 07.06.2007 at 00:48

Yeah Dead is also completely overrated, people just like him because he blew his brains out it seems.

ROTFLMAO.
So is this your justification why dead is overrated ??

I guess you know the song 'freezing moon' 'funeral fog 'Pagan Fears' all is written by dead only. Attila did the vocals while recording in it a studio version. And if you think that people worship them because he did some stupid thing then i dont have to say anything.
huh !.

DEAD OWNS ALL !!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111
07.06.2007 - 14:15
Hyvaarin

Dead > Attila > Maniac

I dunno, a lot of Attila's vocals just seem a bit goofy to me.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
07.06.2007 - 20:27
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Dead, he's simply the best... in the whole genre if you ask me.

Then comes Maniac, but not in Deathcrush... I hate his frog-croak immitation in that album...

About Atilla... I'm not his fan... being "different" doesn't mean to be good at all.
08.06.2007 - 21:01
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I like all three vocalists a lot, but i voted Attila, because he has such unique vocals, especially on the songs De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas and Life Eternal. The runner-up for me is Dead, cause he has better inagery and vocals than Maniac.
09.06.2007 - 00:52
orathac
Account deleted
well i voted Dead he was Mayhem for me all lyrics and music from him
shame he died R.I.P. i liked his vocals
09.06.2007 - 16:33
Hamird
Lieutenant
he was a teenage when died ... but as Hembrom said, he wrote the legendry song "FREEZING MOON" and "FUNERAL FOG" and "BURIED BY DUST AND TIME" and so on ... but in voice he cant reach Attila.
11.06.2007 - 00:05
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by Hamird on 09.06.2007 at 16:33

he was a teenage when died ... but as Hembrom said, he wrote the legendry song "FREEZING MOON" and "FUNERAL FOG" and "BURIED BY DUST AND TIME" and so on ... but in voice he cant reach Attila.

Very well stated. I agree. After all, this is the "Favourite Mayhem Vocals" thread, not the "Favourite Mayhem Song-writer" thread.
11.06.2007 - 10:08
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Hamird on 09.06.2007 at 16:33

I suggest you to listen the album 'Live In Leipzig' , its the AWESOMEFKING lineup

Dead
Necrobutcher
Euronymous
Hellhammer

Just listen the song 'Freezing moon' in Dead voxxxx ( 'Live In Leipzig' ) and do the same with Attila's voxxxx ( De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas , album ).

Just listen both song and compare them , you will know what i am talking about. I just HATE attil'a vox in Freezing moon and Funetal Fog , DEAD is way way way way better then Attila. Although i enjoy the song 'De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas' with attila vox .... awesome he is , but again DEAD is DEAD.

DEAD PWNS all black metal vocals , Period.
11.06.2007 - 21:15
Trifixion
Account deleted
Well I think I'm going to have to go with Dead in the long run, but I can't tell you how hard it his to choose between him and Atilla for me. But Dead IMO is simply what a BM vocalist should be in top form. He doesn't do anything fancy or out of the ordinary, but he has the darkest, grimmest (for lack of a better term, it's true) sounding voice I've ever heard. It's just a natural thing that no one seems to be able to match. But Atilla is still amazing, and I love all his work with Mayhem. He outdid himself on Ordo Ad Chao.
12.06.2007 - 03:58
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
Why isn't Manheim on this list? But my vote did and would have gone to Dead.
12.06.2007 - 09:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 12.06.2007 at 03:58

Because Manheim never did any vocals for Mayhem?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.06.2007 - 10:37
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest

Because he was drummer
12.06.2007 - 21:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Quote:
but again DEAD is DEAD

Somehow I find this statement pretty funny.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.06.2007 - 23:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Hembrom on 12.06.2007 at 10:37

Because he was drummer

Maybe he means Messiah...or Kittil....or Occultus or some other person WHO WAS NOT ON ANY FREAKING RECORDING. That quote was actually kind of funny considering he couldve just gone to the Mayhem bandpage and seen the member list.
----
- George Carlin
13.06.2007 - 01:14
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Attila ofcourse, his vocals are evil!!!!!!
13.06.2007 - 11:56
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Doc G. on 12.06.2007 at 23:21

Because he was drummer

Maybe he means Messiah...or Kittil....or Occultus or some other person WHO WAS NOT ON ANY FREAKING RECORDING. That quote was actually kind of funny considering he couldve just gone to the Mayhem bandpage and seen the member list.

i didn't put manheim for the same reason that i didn't put hellhammer.
but you dr got the point ... maybe he meant kittil and others
but i knew that the copetition is between DEAD and ATTILA. even MANIAC has no chance ... and also kittil didn't apeared on a album.
14.06.2007 - 13:44
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Maniac is,imo nothing as compred to dead and atilla. I voted for dead.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
16.06.2007 - 19:59
Jiri

I voted for Atilla. Dead is good, and Maniac is worst.
16.06.2007 - 21:11
Infurnace

Dead was a good vocalist, and Maniac isn't as bad as everyone is saying, but my vote goes out to the current Mayhem-vocalist, Attila Csihar. His vocal style is really great, just listen to "Ordo Ad Chao".
20.06.2007 - 08:03
Erosive Offals
Account deleted

Because he was drummer

Who does vocals on Deathcrush then? I know it's not dead, not sure who it is... yeah, I could have gone to the Mayhem bandpage but... I'm not going to. It pisses me off.
20.06.2007 - 09:01
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I don't get involved in polls too much anymore, but seeing as I've been listening to Mayhem quite a bit tonight I thought I'd post my opinion on all of these guys. In my opinion, Dead is really only worshiped because of the history surrounding him. Sure he was good on his two recordings, but he was nothing special, but he was indeed fun. Maniac is somewhat the same for me, mere average. His high pitched screams are a little more torturous but that's about it. Attila on the other hand I have grown to somewhat like. I recently recognized him as a poor man's Garm, which is enough to make me like him more than the other two.

Mayhem was never blessed with much talent in the vocal department, among others, but I'll choose Attila out of the three.
----
The force will be with you, always.
20.06.2007 - 09:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 20.06.2007 at 08:03

Because he was drummer

Who does vocals on Deathcrush then? I know it's not dead, not sure who it is... yeah, I could have gone to the Mayhem bandpage but... I'm not going to. It pisses me off.

Maniac is on Deathcrush, I believe the line-up on that album was:
Vocals: Maniac
Guitars: Euronymous
Bass: Necrobutcher
Drums: Manheim
----
- George Carlin