Disc II [Limited Edition DVD] [Live in the UK, 7th November 2005]
01. Three Dimensional Defect
02. The Fury
03. Nihility
04. Negation
05. Lying And Weak
06. Spheres Of Madness
07. Mother War

I received this album a couple of weeks ago, it was released in February this year and I've already read tons of harsh reviews explaining the noticeable decay of this Polish band called Decapitated. I won't mind those reviews, most times the writers are just unfair for the sake of being different, so I'll be objective and I'll write in the most accurate way possible for me to reach.

Organic Hallucinosis differs from Decapitated's earlier albums, that's obvious don't you think? Every single band develops a natural progression towards their music no matter the genre they play; now the real question is, did Decapitated evolved to a greater sound? Or they just screwed their music badly. Music-wise this album is almost flawless, the technical features in the songwriting are more encouraged than ever and the overall songwriting is implausible; all the instruments executed in Organic? add incredible atmospheres and a lot of layers which make the album more interesting and entertaining; the drumming, for example, delivers lethal dosages of melting beats in each song over and over again, the double-bass will literally blow your brains out and don't tell me that's not what you want when listening to a Death Metal album.

Now to the not so good features; first of all we have a different vocalist, Covan reminds me to Malevolent Creation which is not a good reference because those kind of vocals (raspy with high-pitched overtones) does not fit with the overall technical edge Decapitated represents, is either that or maybe I was just used to hear the amazing growls performed by Sauron. Besides the vocals, there are some rigid riffs here and there, I'll put Post(?) Organic as an example, the riffs in that song are a little uninspired and really inflexible; that fact freaked me out because these Polish guys are known for their technical abilities but anyway, it wasn't a huge flaw, it's just weird to hear those riffs performed by such a great band like this.

All in all this album is really good, it's way better than many of the amateurish Death Metal releases we've heard this year; there are many things you'll like about this new album, even the artwork and the layout is more than appealing, on the other hand, as always, there are other things you won't like but at least you won't hate their guts for being boring or monotonous, the album keeps you entertained to the very end and that's always a good characteristic.

It's Decapitated for whatever's sake, it's a band you MUST hear whenever they release an album, of course you won't feel as pleased as you did with Winds Of Creation but it doesn't matter, the greatness of this album is just different, you'll have to hear it yourself to understand.

Written by Herzebeth | 23.04.2006

Guest review by
dark awakening
Rating:
What this Polish Technical Death metal band managed to create giving life to "Organic Hallucinosis" is really awesome...from the first 'til the last riffs. The impression given to the listener is being in fabric crawling through working engines in a post-human world where industry dominates and humanity is reduced to slavery. Each song has its own riffing, always damn solid, brutal and unbelievably accurate. We are carried into an album where rules the powerful laws of the extremely rapid blast-beat/damn catchy solos and thrashy lyrics that fit perfectly with the atmosphere of the entire CD.

Read more ››
published 18.09.2008 | Comments (2)

Comments

Comments: 15   Visited by: 105 users
05.06.2007 - 23:05
__Az__

I agree with the review. I liked 'Winds Of Creation' very much, and there is certainly a change here. Especially with the new vocalist. However, I do like the album...

Althogh not as good as older works, its still definately worth a listen...
06.06.2007 - 18:16
Rating: 8
Sunioj

Song 69 is one of greatest songs Decapitated has ever written (IMO). But the rest of album, didnt hold together as strongly especially witht the weird chords that some of the songs had didnt really click with me.
18.06.2007 - 05:51
__Az__

Written by Sunioj on 06.06.2007 at 18:16

Song 69 is one of greatest songs Decapitated has ever written (IMO). But the rest of album, didnt hold together as strongly especially witht the weird chords that some of the songs had didnt really click with me.

Ahhh, I agree Song 69 is amazing!
27.05.2008 - 19:13
In_tallica

what do you mean post(?) organic is inflexible, that song rules! technical like hell!
27.05.2008 - 21:58
Sunioj

Actually, I changed my mind. I like this album a lot, I mean it really grew on me. It just seems so chaotic and ADHD, I think its my favorite after Winds of Creation. Post Organic is also great.
24.08.2008 - 22:32
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Good review, i like this album alot even though it differs from their previous works. Like you said the atmosphere of the songs are great, very good musicianship and also all the odd chord structures really get me.

Although Sauron had that more death-style vox, i like Covan's vox i think they fit well with the music. The bass tone on this album is also kick ass, adds to the overall feel.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
25.08.2008 - 18:33
Sunioj

I think Sauron also had somewhat of a generic voice. I mean, in death metal it is nothing special, but Covan actually stood out and didn't sound like every other DM vocalist!
12.08.2009 - 13:22
RockeRoy

It maybe sounds strange, but i actualy think covan sounds a littlebit like Robb Flynn from Machine head on steroides:) anyway i think his vocals fits the music realy good
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
10.10.2010 - 09:21
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Written by Sunioj on 25.08.2008 at 18:33

I think Sauron also had somewhat of a generic voice. I mean, in death metal it is nothing special, but Covan actually stood out and didn't sound like every other DM vocalist!

But Sauron's voice fits well with the type of Death Metal that Decapitated plays.. Growls fits best with BDMs
11.10.2010 - 20:28
Sunioj

Written by Maxx666 on 10.10.2010 at 09:21

But Sauron's voice fits well with the type of Death Metal that Decapitated plays.. Growls fits best with BDMs

Right! With the type of DM that they USED to play in my opinion. OG was a bit different.
11.10.2010 - 21:26
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Written by Sunioj on 11.10.2010 at 20:28

Written by Maxx666 on 10.10.2010 at 09:21

Right! With the type of DM that they USED to play in my opinion. OG was a bit different.

Yeah i have to agree OG is indeed different.. Covan no doubtedly did a good job
12.10.2010 - 00:16
Sunioj

Written by Maxx666 on 11.10.2010 at 21:26

Oh yeah... see, his voice sounds like he's shouting more than growling. With that said, I can't imagine that on the older Decapitated albums, I don't think it'd fit.
13.10.2010 - 08:27
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Written by Sunioj on 12.10.2010 at 00:16

Written by Maxx666 on 11.10.2010 at 21:26

Oh yeah... see, his voice sounds like he's shouting more than growling. With that said, I can't imagine that on the older Decapitated albums, I don't think it'd fit.

Agreed Sauron did a fantastic job there
10.11.2010 - 08:17
GodFugitive

This is Decapitated's best album. They were getting away from standard technical metal as you guys love it. Covan was perfect for them. They were on their way to being superstars. Winds of Creation only led up to Organic Hallucinosos. It is very difficult to find an album that can compare these days, period.
People talk about weird chord changes...well, yeah, when you're doing something different it IS weird to people who are used to the same old shit.
22.07.2014 - 13:59
Annable Courts

(The) shaft of daylight melts dirty panes
(The) stench of life pulls them out from (their) dreams
Those living wastes on the streets outside
Woken up again with no place to hide
----
Top 4 Death Metal bands ever: Cannibal, Morbid, Decapitated, Suffo.

Hits total: 5447 | This month: 13