Metal Storm logo
Mystras - New Project By Ayloss Of Spectral Lore Shares Song

Μystras is a new project from Ayloss of Spectral Lore aiming to create raw medieval black metal which deals lyrically with less sung acts of valor and bravery from the middle ages and from a purely anti-fascist and anti-nationalist perspective. "Castles Conquered And Reclaimed" is the first offering from Mystras, courtesy of Cosmic Collective: A Choir For The Dispossessed, a compilation of like-minded individuals in the black metal genre, released by the new label Red Nebula.

Μore music and a presentation of some of the historical themes that Mystras is going to deal with will follow soon, the goal being ultimately the release of a full-length album in late 2019 or early 2020.

Ayloss commented: "I had promised some new music the next time I posted, so here it is. Some of you seem to have already learned of my new project Mystras, judging by the amount of likes the page has already received. My goal with this project is to play a much rawer and more aggressive kind of black metal than you're used to in Spectral Lore, one that is based upon medieval themes and aesthetics. Lyrically, however, I hope to overturn the typical expectations people have on this genre by focusing on the stories of serfs, rather than those of the nobility and its shining armors. Especially those of the historical rebellions that took place throughout the high and late middles ages.

"The first track, entitled 'Castles Conquered And Reclaimed', is a statement of intent and is presented through a new compilation that was just released, called Cosmic Collective: A Choir For the Dispossessed. It's a compilation of mostly new artists in the genre that are absolutely worth supporting and you will do well to check out. A Mystras LP will follow, quite possibly during 2019. I will be covering the completion of the album and posting snippets of medieval history and such trivia that are related to the concept in the Facebook page dedicated to the Mystras project."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Spectral Lore
Posted: 02.08.2019 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 26 users
02.08.2019 - 11:38
no one

Sick! looking forward to the compilation and the lp
----
Unable to connect to the database
02.08.2019 - 11:49
nikarg

Written by no one on 02.08.2019 at 11:38

The compilation is out already, over here. The song is indeed awesome, I am looking forward to the LP as well.
02.08.2019 - 12:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Summoning, Falkenberg, Nice another True bm will born
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.08.2019 - 21:52
no one

Written by nikarg on 02.08.2019 at 11:49

Written by no one on 02.08.2019 at 11:38

The compilation is out already, over here. The song is indeed awesome, I am looking forward to the LP as well.

7 bux! Sweet, cheers

Man Underdark sound so much like deafeheaven. The track after from Wishfield sounds like Deafheaven crossed with leftovercrack, very interesting.
----
Unable to connect to the database

Hits total: 1975 | This month: 3