Metal Storm logo
Amaranthe - Music Video 'Helix' Unleashed

"Helix", the new official video from Swedes Amaranthe, has been unleashed and is now available for streaming down under. This is the title track off the band's latest record, released back in October, 2018. The clip was filmed/directed/produced/edited by Patric Ullaeus.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amaranthe
Posted: 07.09.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 88 users
08.09.2019 - 02:11
Where on Earth did this bloody band come from? Look at that pose... Aside from Butcher Babies, they are the worst band in the "metal" genre. Even Slipknot don't sound or behave like this.
08.09.2019 - 16:02
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Apart from the awful growl rapping (wtf was that) I didn't hate the song. Nice catchy chorus. I was mostly watching for Elize though...
08.09.2019 - 21:55
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by EsotericSpiritc on 08.09.2019 at 02:11

Where on Earth did this bloody band come from?

Sweden, I believe.

Thank you, Sweden.
08.09.2019 - 23:03
I know the band is Swedish. I clicked their profile in the past and figured it out. In English, when we ask "where on Earth did you come from?", it's not to be taken literally all the time. In this case it means "where did they get this inspiration from"? And that leads to my other point, I wish metalheads would stop with their Scandinavian favouritism. There are awful bands that have come out of Scandinavia, and Amaranthe is one of them along with Nightwish. Personally, I would much rather listen to American nu/alternative metal including Static-X, Slipknot, Godsmack, Disturbed, and so on because they HAVE played metal riffs that people discredit them for. This rubbish, on the other hand, is not any more metal. This is alternative music with pop and some metal influence. If they think what they are playing is the Scandinavian melodic-death metal of Imperanon, Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, Norther, Children of Bodom, and even In Flames from back in the day, they are greatly mistaken because they sound nothing like those good bands. Shame on people who'll give this band a chance only due to their nationality. Metal is not about a band's nation, it's about their riffs. To me, Amaranthe is no different from Butcher Babies--one is rubbish, and the other is trash.

Edit: I forgot to add that this band is banned from MetalArchives, and for a legitimate and obvious reason: they are NOT metal. Just because a band adds some metal influence to their music, does not earn them a spot in the metal genre.
09.09.2019 - 00:02
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Oh wow an untrve band! How dare they!
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
09.09.2019 - 01:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
If EsotericSpiritc wants Amaranthe removed from the site, then by golly we're obligated to listen to his demands.

On a serious note though, this is such a painfully awkward song. Not sure what I was expecting, but it definitely wasn't that.

How I feel after listening to Amaranthe.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.09.2019 - 01:38
I never said that I wanted the band removed from MetalStorm. I'm aware that this site is overly liberal about including metal-adjacent bands, and I never said that me disliking them and my disappointment in them being pigeonholed into the metal genre means that nobody should listen to them. Please, don't needlessly misinterpret what I say, or get your knickers in a knot because my opinion differs from yours. All I said is: I don't think this band belongs in the genre, I dislike it when people favour bands due to their nationality, and I stand with MetalArchives that just because a band adds some metal elements to their music does not mean that they are a metal band. Lastly, I am ok with people disagreeing with me. If you like this band, and they have changed your life for the better, then enjoy listening to them. Just don't be upset when people point out something they dislike about them--what's one man's meat is the other man's poison.
09.09.2019 - 01:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by EsotericSpiritc on 09.09.2019 at 01:38
I never said that I wanted the band removed from MetalStorm.

All good my friend, it was just a light jab. I do agree with what you're saying though I don't work up nearly the same energy to care about it. They've been easy for me to ignore but figured I'd see what the fuss was about. Definitely a few minutes of my life I wasted by doing so.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.09.2019 - 02:59
Cheers.
13.09.2019 - 00:11
mskywalker18

Written by EsotericSpiritc on 08.09.2019 at 23:03

I know the band is Swedish. I clicked their profile in the past and figured it out. In English, when we ask "where on Earth did you come from?", it's not to be taken literally all the time. In this case it means "where did they get this inspiration from"? And that leads to my other point, I wish metalheads would stop with their Scandinavian favouritism. There are awful bands that have come out of Scandinavia, and Amaranthe is one of them along with Nightwish. Personally, I would much rather listen to American nu/alternative metal including Static-X, Slipknot, Godsmack, Disturbed, and so on because they HAVE played metal riffs that people discredit them for. This rubbish, on the other hand, is not any more metal. This is alternative music with pop and some metal influence. If they think what they are playing is the Scandinavian melodic-death metal of Imperanon, Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, Norther, Children of Bodom, and even In Flames from back in the day, they are greatly mistaken because they sound nothing like those good bands. Shame on people who'll give this band a chance only due to their nationality. Metal is not about a band's nation, it's about their riffs. To me, Amaranthe is no different from Butcher Babies--one is rubbish, and the other is trash.

Edit: I forgot to add that this band is banned from MetalArchives, and for a legitimate and obvious reason: they are NOT metal. Just because a band adds some metal influence to their music, does not earn them a spot in the metal genre.

I just think you're being too hard on them. I like them (not because of where they're from) and I by no means think they belong to the same genre as COB, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy etc... Elize would call their style dance-metal in the past, now their manager calls their style modern metal, I'd add "electro" to the later... They're too heavy for pop, too light for melo-death but the reason they belong in the metal scene is that they're liked by people who like other metal bands, not because their music is the heaviest ever.
Also, I'd notice that if I (taking myself as an example) like mostly bands from Scandinavia or Germany, doesn't mean I do it because of the place they're from. It's because that specific style I like, mostly comes from those countries.
And lastly, to answer your question... Amaranthe are not of this Earth
Peace!
17.09.2019 - 00:21
Cheers, mate. If they make you happy, enjoy them. My point is that many people like bands because of their nationality rather than enjoying them because their music means something. I've been a metalhead since the 2000s; I've been around long enough to know. I respect your choice to like them as much as I dislike them, but, I stand with MetalArchives. You like them or not, they are not a metal band.
21.09.2019 - 02:14
mskywalker18

First of all I'm really happy to be able to discuss with someone I disagree and I really thank you for that. I see what your point was. I was also careful to say that they belong in the metal scene rather than saying they're a metal band. Still, the later is a long discussion (and not only for Amaranthe). Heavy Metal has changed over the years. Standards were different in the 80s, 90s, 00s etc. I don't think the later Sonata Arctica, Within Temptation, Dark Element, Arcturus etc etc would classify as heavy metal back in the 80s but they do now. So while I agree that they're not a metal band by MetalArchives standards I think that those standards can be questioned.

Hits total: 2591 | This month: 4