Metal Storm logo
Leprous - Reveal Second Single & Music Video

Norwegian outfit Leprous have launched the second single, "Alleviate", off their sixth studio album Pitfalls, which is set to be released on October 25th worldwide via Inside Out Music. Check out "Alleviate" in a video, directed and edited by Troll Toftenes (Vardøger Story Agency).

Vocalist and keyboardist Einar Solberg comments on the new single: "Alleviate" is a very important song to me. It carries hope within the melancholy. Not only is it one of, if not the most accessible tune we've ever done, but it also carries a deeper message. No doubt it for some will be a controversial track considering where Leprous started, but that's what Leprous is all about: Moving forward! Also we couldn't be happier about the amazing piece of visual art done by the extremely talented video director Troll Toftenes."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leprous
Posted: 21.09.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 114 users
21.09.2019 - 18:21
annodomini

I'll just try to distant myself from all the hatred that will come next and will say - amazing song. Rarelly talented metal musicians and songwriters indulge us with top class nonmetal masterpieces. I believe this album will be a masterwork, that many non metalheads will enjoy. Sadly this also means an end of old sound of Leprous, which I will really miss. But we will always have those albums and a new Leprous to enjoy. And how rarely a metal band turning to pop brings such quality as Leprous with these two new songs. I'm positive that the Pitfalls would be amazing.

And now my watch has ended. You can chop off my head.
----
the riddle wants to be...
21.09.2019 - 20:02
Nicko's Nose

Written by annodomini on 21.09.2019 at 18:21

I'll just try to distant myself from all the hatred that will come next and will say - amazing song. Rarelly talented metal musicians and songwriters indulge us with top class nonmetal masterpieces. I believe this album will be a masterwork, that many non metalheads will enjoy. Sadly this also means an end of old sound of Leprous, which I will really miss. But we will always have those albums and a new Leprous to enjoy. And how rarely a metal band turning to pop brings such quality as Leprous with these two new songs. I'm positive that the Pitfalls would be amazing.

Well said.
21.09.2019 - 20:21
Zap
It's too experimental for me!
21.09.2019 - 20:28
CWA

Everyone keeps saying they are a pop band now, but this just seems balladesque to me.
21.09.2019 - 20:35
annodomini

Written by CWA on 21.09.2019 at 20:28

Everyone keeps saying they are a pop band now, but this just seems balladesque to me.

Agreed, but I already saw comments comparing this to Eurovision, so I'm pretty sure, we can't avoid this comparison ;/
----
the riddle wants to be...
21.09.2019 - 21:39
Lanthros

Not my favorite by them by a long shot. Still a very good song though.
21.09.2019 - 21:51
Paradoxical

I quite like it, though Below was better. Should be a good album.
25.09.2019 - 19:32
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt

There are many close-minded people among metal music fans and you're not one of them!
30.08.2020 - 23:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
These vocals are amazing
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 2429 | This month: 2