Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Frontman James Hetfield Has Reentered Rehab

Metallica have revealed in recent news that frontman James Hetfield has re-entered a treatment program as he continues to struggle with addiction issues. Consequently, Metallica was forced to postpone their forthcoming tour dates in Australia and New Zealand. Full statement from the band can be read below.

Statement from Metallica: "We are truly sorry to inform our fans and friends that we must postpone our upcoming tour of Australia and New Zealand. As most of you probably know, our brother James has been struggling with addiction on and off for many years. He has now, unfortunately, had to re-enter a treatment program to work on his recovery again.

"We fully intend to make our way to your part of the world as soon as health and schedule permit. We'll let you know as soon as we can. Once again, we are devastated that we have inconvenienced so many of you, especially our most loyal fans who often travel great distances to experience our shows. We appreciate your understanding and support for James and, as always, thank you for being a part of our Metallica family.

"All tickets purchased to the shows in Australia and New Zealand, including Enhanced Experiences and Black Tickets, will be fully refunded. More details on how to obtain your refund are below."

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 28.09.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 244 users
28.09.2019 - 23:27
Hrodebert

Just stop touring.... He is not 19 anymore realize it... all of us that wanted to see a good Metallica show have seen it already... but then again those that are older and put on good shows have massive egos and still think they are young, or think beer and coke and the rush of the stage keeps them young......
29.09.2019 - 06:10
DeathSlyzer

Written by Hrodebert on 28.09.2019 at 23:27

Just stop touring.... He is not 19 anymore realize it... all of us that wanted to see a good Metallica show have seen it already... but then again those that are older and put on good shows have massive egos and still think they are young, or think beer and coke and the rush of the stage keeps them young......

And to a certain extent, you can't blame them. Still, I have to agree with you. They've been touring so much too, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they were to either stop or take a long break.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
29.09.2019 - 09:54
SatanicBlood

Written by DeathSlyzer on 29.09.2019 at 06:10

And to a certain extent, you can't blame them. Still, I have to agree with you. They've been touring so much too, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they were to either stop or take a long break.

Their last long break produced Load.
29.09.2019 - 16:45
Hrodebert

I also agree you can't blame them it's kinda the same reason we all still go to shows as we get older and older it is in part to feel young again, but even so I've gotten older so I'm not drinking 20 beers and jumping in the pit, I'm too old for that now I got work tomorrow hahahaha
29.09.2019 - 21:38
Khold Baroness

I wish to James a full recovery 🙏🌠
30.09.2019 - 09:29
no one

Or they just like doing what they do and some people have addiction problems.
----
Unable to connect to the database
30.09.2019 - 18:32
Maco
Pvt Funderground
I guess Straight Edge James didn't last long.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
02.10.2019 - 02:08
DeathSlyzer

Their last long break produced Load.

Ah... Fair point.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
02.10.2019 - 19:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What addition I dont follow this band from st. anger days, I thought alcoholica period is over?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.10.2019 - 20:25
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Bad English on 02.10.2019 at 19:51

What addition

vol% + vol%
----
signatures = SPAM
02.10.2019 - 20:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Starvynth on 02.10.2019 at 20:25

Written by Bad English on 02.10.2019 at 19:51

What addition

vol% + vol%

I see he is professional boozer?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 3565 | This month: 3