Metal Storm logo
My Favorite Singers

Original post

Posted by , 11.06.2007 - 05:30
There are some others i could throw into this list without too much trouble, but this is what i consider to be the top 9. Although i havn't heard every singer so take your pick as too your favorite... and feel free to offer any suggestions on great singers and the bands they sing in.

For me ill vote for Matt Barlow, he is just such a versitile sing with great range and the guy can hold a anote as good as any. The emotion he put inot the music is amazing. But all of these singers are ver close and have different strengths and weeknesses.

Poll

My 9 Favorite singers in Metal, which is yours from my list?

Mikeal Akerfeldt (Opeth)
Hansi Kursch (Blind Guardian)
Matt Barlow (Pyramaze)
James LaBrie (Dream Theater)
Geoff Tait (Queensryche)
Tarja Turunan (ex Nightwish)
Tim Owens (Iced Earth)
Klaus Meine (Scorpions)
Simone Simons (Epica)

Total votes: 94
14.10.2007 - 08:09
selken
Irreligious
i voted for mikael, one of the most versatile singers i ever heard
his style of growling is very possessed and his clean vocals just display passion
----
14.10.2007 - 11:44
Øyvind
Grave Digger
I voted for Tarja, her early works. You don't get to hear that every other day.
----
10.12.2007 - 21:39
RockeRoy

I votet for Mikeal Akerfeldt, but my favorit is Randy Blythe from lamb of god
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
11.12.2007 - 13:36
Philaenas
Account deleted
My vote went to Mikael Akerfeldt. He keeps getting better with each album. Both his growls and clean vocals are extremely ear-tastic!
11.12.2007 - 19:06
APOHAKC
The Bard
Klaus Meine of Scorpions from this list, that guy rocks, and his whittling is quite impressive too
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
11.12.2007 - 20:07
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
I vote for Tim Owens. He has a great voice. You can listen to him in strong and soft ways in te same song
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!
04.05.2008 - 15:03
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Mikeal Akerfeldt is my choose and i think i didnt hear a worse singer than Mikeal Akerfeldt in rock music
(i mean at famous bands)
04.05.2008 - 17:11
Metal_Militia

//I voted james labrie. I think his voice is freakin beautiful. Geoff Tate a close second behind him//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

04.05.2008 - 17:53
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Mikael all the way... His growls and clean vocals are so different that I couldn't think at first that it cames from the same person.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.05.2008 - 18:30
Warman
Erotic Stains
Okay, so here's my final list (at least for today):

Clean vocals:

3. Mr. Doctor (Devil Doll)
His voice is by far the strangest thing I've heard. No idea how he pulls that off. The way he switches from one style to another, from creepy low tune to operatic voice. It's an experience to hear his voice and music.

2. James Hetfield (Metallica)
His voice has meant so much for me. It has such warmth and an amazing sound.

1. James LaBrie (Dream Theater)
Gives passion, warmth and emotions to Dream Theater's outstanding music.

Growl:

3. Niklas "Kvarforth" Olsson (Shining)
I can understand why some dislike his later vocals... but I love them! Maybe it's because the swedish lyrics but the way he sings is so depressing and always makes you wanna hear more. Insane voice really.

2. Attila (Mayhem)
Maybe even more insane vocals, just listen to Ordo Ad Chao. Makes you speechless!

1. Dani Filth (Cradle Of Filth)
Laugh if you want, but his voice was the reason why I looked this band up in the beginning. And they became one of my absolute favourites. His growl is more like howls. Crazy like nothing else. The first time I heard Haunted Shores I was stunned. The first time I heard Serpent Tounge, The Promise of Fever and Hurt and Virtue I fell in love. The first time I heard Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids it was clear that Cradle of Filth was a band perfect for my taste.
----
05.05.2008 - 02:29
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Hansi is the best from that list! He has no rivals !:banger:
11.08.2009 - 18:32
Razorback

Abbath-immortal
James H.-metallica
Matt Barlow-iced earth
Chuck Billy-testament
Bruce D.-iron maiden
Mile-kreator
Piter-vader
Piter-type o negative.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
11.08.2009 - 19:34
BuzzPhil

Hansi Kursch... His voice is perfect and he's my favourite from the list... But he isn't my favourite singer...
22.09.2011 - 19:55
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Easily Mikael. The most versatile in the list, and he has a great balance between growls and cleans.
26.09.2013 - 04:18
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I vote for Hansi, I love his tone and cadence, he sounds like an Elf transported right out of Rivendell (even looked like one when he had longer hair, though he's still cool) to perform for us mere mortals. Such a powerful voice.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
27.09.2013 - 05:19
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
Mikeal Akerfeldt, from Katatonia to Opeth and Bloodbath. I always loved his vocals, any band he played with.
06.10.2013 - 09:49
Downtosky

Bruce Dickinson's vocal is insane, one of the best singer in Metal history, but Axl Rose and Cornell are my favorite ( if considered Metal )