Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian - Release New Single "This Storm"

Blind Guardian's upcoming orchestral output, Legacy Of The Dark Lands, will be out on November 8th through Nuclear Blast. To taste a piece of this new product, you can now stream a lyric video for the first official single, called "This Storm".

Hansi states: "A storm will come and it will change us all. So here it is our first good old fashioned 7inch release for Legacy Of The Dark Lands. "This Storm" for sure will take no prisoners and it won't calm down until all secrets of the Dark Lands will be revealed on November 8. Back in 1997 we started the adventure of soundtrack composing with this piece of music. The arrangement and the melodies have not been changed ever since. With this tune you will get the chance to listen to the pure origin of this exciting project. To us "This Storm" has always delivered a very strong metal approach into the classical soundtrack world and it certainly has changed our perspective on music. Enjoy the song and its epic lyric video. I may repeat myself here: Be prepared, for there is so much more to come. This is just the beginning."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blind Guardian
Posted: 09.10.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 222 users
09.10.2019 - 16:28
SatanicBlood

Hansi on Broadway isn't how I wanted the next BG album.
Red Mirror put me off and I sincerely hope something involving the band is around the corner following this.
About the track, it feels like it's just there. Nothing moved me.
09.10.2019 - 16:50
BlackMetalDay

OMG, imagine a whole album of this...
It's like the song never starts.
09.10.2019 - 18:09
WorpeX
Made of Metal
The lyrics at the start are so so cringe I had to turn it off on the first listen. Tried again when this was posted and skipped past that part. Still didn't make it through. This whole project feels like a missed opportunity. Normally i'm not opposed to Hansi singing but with the lyrics being about some random German only book I find myself just wanting to hear more of the orchestra as i'm just not invested in them at all. Furthermore it feels like the lyrics were written for a metal song and the Orchestra just doesn't come close to providing the intensity they need.
09.10.2019 - 19:26
DonMoenning

Eek. Sounds like a bad bonus track. Really can't imagine an entire album full of this.
09.10.2019 - 19:34
SAY10

IMO the main problem here will be the lyrics. In both singles they released the lyrics are so bad that they kinda distract myself from the music itself, the orchestration, and Hansi's voice. I'm honestly surprised how a band with such experience could write these lyrics.
09.10.2019 - 23:27
Crème fraiche

They are really throwing in the towel with this one. Disappointing.
10.10.2019 - 11:54
Gladius

Written by BlackMetalDay on 09.10.2019 at 16:50

OMG, imagine a whole album of this...
It's like the song never starts.

Absolutely agree
10.10.2019 - 16:05
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

When I saw all the negative comments, I figured I'd like it... and indeed, I do.

The lyrics are weak at points, but let's not pretend that 90% of lyrics in metal aren't cringey. The orchestrations are nice, and the chorus packs a nice melodic punch. I do hope, however, that the new album will include an instrumental version of all the songs.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
10.10.2019 - 19:15
IcePickLodger

So much orchestra, no guitar sound...nothing for me, boring as hell. I hope they will release an ordinary album soon!
10.10.2019 - 20:09
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I liked the first song... don't really care for this one.
11.10.2019 - 02:43
Vintage Metaller

Song is boring - meanders, weird vocal inflections and the orchestra puts me to sleep.The song never really took off. I was hoping for something along the vein of "Then there was silence" .. a true orchestral metal song, if there ever was. With the 2 singles released so far, my hopes are fading for this BG album
11.10.2019 - 05:30
mikeprado30

Well, people awaiting something metal on this album will be really disappointed. They have stated clearly that this is NOT a metal album. Sadly as it seems people around here is not able to get into something that is not metal

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 10.10.2019 at 16:05

I do hope, however, that the new album will include an instrumental version of all the songs.

It will include an instrumental bonus disc.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
11.10.2019 - 19:00
SAY10

Indeed they have been saying for years that this project isn't supposed to have any "metal instruments". Good choice, bad choice? That's up to each person.

Hits total: 3852 | This month: 3