Requiems of Revultion:TributetoCarcass
TributetotheBlackEmperorsMorbidandMayhem
Slaughterous Souls:ATributetoAtTheGates
In The Sign Of The Horns:ATributeToVenom
Wizards of Gore: Tribute To Impetigo

Total votes: 29
12.06.2007 - 01:24
Robstar
I didn't know the magnitude of what I was creating untill I finished developing this thread and I had a really hard time discarting which tribute album is the best...Damn It was hard.This is a tribute to these '''tributes'' to great bands.I have them all and they all kick ass, but my favorite will be ''Church of the Devil-Tribute to King Diamond''. Why? Due to all those great bands performing those old tunes from the ''King Diamond'' into black metal Fuck Yeah!
Roar back!
----
Nothing is unreacheable
12.06.2007 - 03:27
APOHAKC
The Bard
Voted for Church Of The Devil: Tribute To King Diamond, it is awesome pack of old classic King Diamond's songs with different influences like Black, and even some Death Metal. It is also great to see how people try to sing like King in some parts. Tribute to the Beast: Tribute To Iron Maiden is also great, why? because there are so many cult bands preforming Iron Maiden in their recognised style giving to those songs new fresh sound, very, very interesting. I also like both Venom tributes, they are fantastic, badns are not very famous but they preforemd greatly, especially cvered songs like Countess Bathor, Black Metal, Welcome To Hell and Leave Me In Hell. Gateway to Hell: Tribute to Slayer is the worst tribute album I have ever heard, really it is desaster, bands are totaly uncreative, and they ruined most of the songs, awful. Tribute to Mayhem is boring too.

Some great tributes that are not on the list are Running Wild tribute - fantastic. It is completely free to download on their official site, some bands gave fantastic add and new sound to old Running Wild hymns, especially Pile Of Schulls cover. Tribute To Scorpions is still among my favorites, fantastic bands with even better covers, most of them are unique (except some copy paste boring songs - best covers Another Piece Of Meet, Coming Home by Tankard, great, Still Loving You Sonata Arctica I think, Dinamite Stratovatius, but not sure at all, its been a long time.. Recently I heard Blind Guardian tribute band, it is interesting, especially Majesty cover - funny.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
12.06.2007 - 21:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Tribute to the Black Emperors isn't really a tribute, is it? At least not bands covering Morbid/Mayhem songs. That album exists of songs by those to bands played by those two bands.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.06.2007 - 02:18
Ryliuk
Account deleted
Vote for Demonic Plague, even thou is not my favorite tribute, but my favorite from this list!!
To me the best tribute I've heard is In Conspiracy with Satan: A tribute to Bathory, hell yeeea, unforgetable performances from Marduk, Dark Funeral, The Abyss (A side project of Swedish death metal maniacs Hypocrisy), Satyricon, and others make me listen to it once and again, oh I never get Tired!!!

Another must have Tribute is the 2007 Gods of Goats: A tribute to Venom. In The Sign Of The Horns is cool but I like this one much more.
27.09.2007 - 19:30
BrightNight
The best tribute album ever is not on the poll....because i would vote Iced Earth ~ Tribute to the gods. Because here are the most legandary Metal pioneers covered (Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest to name a few)by one freaking powerfull mix of Iced Earth´s heavy metal music.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
27.09.2007 - 19:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
No doubt(from list) Tribute to IM because I had it and also I had extra 50 self donloudet IM songs
Realy interesting how other pands performacve them songs,

BUT best Tribute are Tales From The Underworld - Tribute to Blind Guardian, its werry awsome album, to awsome to talk about it go hear it and you will understand

Then tribte to ToN are good too but havnt hera it long and Tribute to Metallica, dunno other tribut albums
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.09.2007 - 04:35
selken
Irreligious
I prefer the Piano Tributo to Iron Maiden, and Keepers from Jericho, but I voted for the Tribute to Slayer
----
03.10.2007 - 11:09
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by BrightNight on 27.09.2007 at 19:30
The best tribute album ever is not on the poll....because i would vote Iced Earth ~ Tribute to the gods. Because here are the most legandary Metal pioneers covered (Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest to name a few)by one freaking powerfull mix of Iced Earth´s heavy metal music.
You've got it the wrong way... Iced Earth covered songs by different bands; this thread is about one band being covered by different bands.

The only one I've heard (most of) on the list is A Tribute to the Beast which I think is pretty good, I love Darkane's version of Powerslave - it's the only song that I love them doing haha... I have seen a 2CD Slayer tribute for a nice price called Post Mortem or Postmortem where one of the discs was supposed to be Gateway to Hell, I think I might buy it in the future unless if more of you say that it sounds bad =\
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
03.10.2007 - 14:27
BrightNight
Written by Syk on 03.10.2007 at 11:09

Written by BrightNight on 27.09.2007 at 19:30
You've got it the wrong way... Iced Earth covered songs by different bands; this thread is about one band being covered by different bands.

The only one I've heard (most of) on the list is A Tribute to the Beast which I think is pretty good, I love Darkane's version of Powerslave - it's the only song that I love them doing haha... I have seen a 2CD Slayer tribute for a nice price called Post Mortem or Postmortem where one of the discs was supposed to be Gateway to Hell, I think I might buy it in the future unless if more of you say that it sounds bad =\

If thats the case then im wrong indeed, excuse me
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
03.10.2007 - 21:18
Woutjinho
Account deleted
where is Kerrang!Remasterd???
05.10.2007 - 11:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 03.10.2007 at 21:18

what is that/
----

apos;'
[image]
05.10.2007 - 11:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

this about tributes to one specific band.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.10.2007 - 11:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Now I see what you mean
I agree whit Marcel its for one band not like copms 20 bands and each one song if then i saw Metalstorm copms was better
----

apos;'
[image]
05.10.2007 - 12:16
Thrashy
Account deleted
the tribute album to Bathory was very good also
08.10.2007 - 22:36
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.10.2007 at 11:25

this about tributes to one specific band.

its a tribute to Master Of Puppets. the whole cd covered by the fav. (shitty) bands of kerrang

but it wasnt serious anwyay. the cd sucks big time
07.01.2008 - 00:48
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Tribute to the beast! The best one! Nothing sounds better!!
07.01.2008 - 17:27
Ascalon
What about the Tribute to the Four Horsemen (Metallica's Tribute) ... ??
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
09.01.2008 - 19:56
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Slaughterous Souls could have been a good tribute album, but sadly all of the bands (with two exceptions) fuck things up. From the above list, I'll go with the Slayer tribute album. Some songs are even better then the originals.
09.01.2008 - 21:16
Southern Wind
Account deleted
"For The Sick", the tribute to Eyehategod has some very cool performances.

I almost never listen to tributes though.
19.10.2008 - 17:34
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I voted for Tribute to the Beast TributeToIron Maiden, tribute to the gods by Iced earth is great, it should be on the list
19.10.2008 - 21:32
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin

always liked that tribute album.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.10.2008 - 04:35
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Slayer tributes are the best. I like when Hypocrisy covered Black Magic
----
Coldgrits
10.11.2009 - 17:54
_HIV_
I did not choose any of the above, becouse my favorite tribute album is Sepultural Feast - A Tribute To Sepultura!
11.11.2009 - 12:04
Hamird
Lieutenant
I think the best one I've heard is Originators of Northern Darkness (A Tribute to Mayhem).. Feels good when you see legendary bands such as Immortal, Emperor, Dark Funeral, Gorgoroth, Vader, Behemoth, Limbonic Art and some other good Black Metal bands pay a tribute to Mayhem..
11.11.2009 - 14:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am currently most fascinated with tribute to Summoning made recently...i agree all bands are unknown and quite amateur, but there i see the spirit of it...and besides i like those new versions
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.11.2009 - 17:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
A really good tribute is:

Schatten Ause Der... Bethlehem/ A Tribute To Dictius Te Necare

here
the entire Bethlehem's Dictius Te Necare album is covered by six bands (five French one English)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.01.2010 - 22:02
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
Very good tribute album is "Rising of Yog-Sothoth: Tribute to Thergothon". Evoken, Mournful Congregation, Officium Triste, Worship, Asunder and many more did a really good job.
28.01.2010 - 22:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by farmakon on 28.01.2010 at 22:02

Very good tribute album is "Rising of Yog-Sothoth: Tribute to Thergothon". Evoken, Mournful Congregation, Officium Triste, Worship, Asunder and many more did a really good job.

It shood be good, I wish i can get it one day legal or elegal
----

apos;'
[image]
28.01.2010 - 22:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by farmakon on 28.01.2010 at 22:02

That is indeed a great tribute cd. I really love cd 2 (the more experimental one)

Worship's cover I find the worst of the lot though.
And the Officium Triste one I had already played to death for about two years before it was finally released
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.01.2012 - 22:19
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Out of all these its either the tribute to Slayer or Venom.