Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - Announce Final Show With The Current Line-Up

Children Of Bodom have announced that they will be playing their final show with the current line-up this coming December. 'A Chapter Called Children Of Bodom' will take place at the Black Box in Helsinki Ice hall on December 15th. Full statement from the band can be read below.

Official statement: "It is with heavy hearts that we announce that 2019 will be the last for Children Of Bodom with this line-up. After almost 25 years with Bodom, thousands of shows & 10 albums it is time for Henkka, Janne and Jaska to step back and change direction within their lives. All three will miss the fans and supporters in every city in every country the band ever played.

"The last show of this line-up will be on the 15th of December at Helsinki Ice Hall. Tickets still remain for some of the Finnish shows in December. Alexi and Daniel will have further announcements about their plans to keep creating new music in the future.

"Thanks again for everything - Children Of Bodom."

Source: cobhc.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Posted: 01.11.2019 by Ragnarok 1954

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 270 users
01.11.2019 - 23:18
FeskarN

Out of nowhere.. Sad to see them go, maybe something going on behind the scenes they don't tell us.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
01.11.2019 - 23:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Hopefully he brings in some fresh new talent that can help in the songwriting department. They've grown completely stale and uninspired over the years. An injection of youth or different perspectives might help bring CoB closer to the quality their level of fame suggests.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.11.2019 - 01:51
Zap
Wow, that's a huge change. I feel like it won't have an effect on the quality of their future releases, but I would like to be proven wrong.
02.11.2019 - 09:08
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
"I kiss the ground
With love beyond forever
Flip off the sky
With bleeding fingers till I die."

You can't avoid weeping to such news.
02.11.2019 - 18:40
Spacerunner

CoB is one of my favorite bands and "Follow the Reaper" is in my Top 5 but it's obvious they chose wrong path after HCDR. "Trashed, Lost and Strungout" had been their last great song until "Platitudes and Barren Words" landed this year. Maybe something will change.
03.11.2019 - 02:25
Mario Montes

So only Alexi and Daniel are staying in the band? Holy crap that's a huge change, and I must say I feel half sad and half excited. As the user Troy Killjoy stated, this could be a breath of fresh air for this band. I loved this guys during my teens, but they've not released a worthy album since Follow The Reaper in my honest opinion. Some cool songs, but not great albums as a whole...
03.11.2019 - 03:38
Harmaajoki

Though I don't really like their later releases they still act an extremely important role in my heart, even not related to the album quality. You could say I hardly have similar emotions towards other bands.
I feel that something may go wrong but it's their freedom to share it or the opposite.
----
Shit talking and shit taste, whatever.
03.11.2019 - 18:14
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Everyone acting like they're dead whenever their last album was one of their best and most successful to date Classic metalstorm, thinks that their opinions are canon.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
06.11.2019 - 07:24
Necrodamus

Definitely caught me by surprise, but even then I kind of had a feeling this was coming. Their last album was great and the few before were very decent, so I think they're still trending up. It will be interesting to see where Alexi and Daniel go with the band now.
06.11.2019 - 13:13
zikon

Luca Turilli's Children of Bodushka

joking aside.. this sucks for them all leaving though, they've put on quite a sweet album this year with Hexed. good luck to them to pursue other things in life.
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
06.11.2019 - 17:00
nikarg

Shame.. just when they were getting enjoyable again. Hexed is a pretty good album.

Hits total: 4268 | This month: 4