Metal Storm logo
Mercyful Fate - Timi Hansen Loses Battle With Cancer

When Mercyful Fate announced their reunion for live shows in 2020, it was also revealed that the band's original bassist, Timi Hansen, would not take part in it due to his ongoing battle with cancer. King Diamond himself has now taken to social media to announce the very sad news that Hansen has passed away.

The King posted: "I just found out that I lost one of my dearest friends, who has been fighting cancer for a long time, in such an incredibly brave way. He was not just my roommate on the early Mercyful Fate tours, but he was always my favorite bass player of all times.

"I was fortunate to have been able to visit him at his apartment with some other good friends, and we had a great afternoon that will never be forgotten. When I last talked to Timi on the phone on October 24th, I could understand that things had gotten tougher than they ever were, and yet he said 'we fight on'.

"I feel so so sad for his entire family, you have my absolute deepest sympathy. Rest in Peace my dear dear friend.
King"

Hansen played with King Diamond between 1985 and 1987, and with Mercyful Fate between 1981 and 1985, again between 1993 and 1994, and took part in both the 2008 and 2011 reunions.

Rest in peace Timi. Your music will live on forever.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mercyful Fate
Posted: 05.11.2019 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 107 users
05.11.2019 - 11:55
JoHn Doe
Sad news.
May he rest in peace.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
05.11.2019 - 12:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Great written news, youre so good at it man, I like to read your news
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.11.2019 - 21:13
Khold Baroness
Rest in peace Timi 🙏🌠
05.11.2019 - 22:26
Lanthros
Horribly sad news.
06.11.2019 - 19:32
Rapid Fire
So sad. RIP man, your contributions to MF/KD will be there forever.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
08.11.2019 - 04:36
Timelord
I will never forget how cool you were to me Timi when I worked a few shows on "Abigail" tour. You will be missed my friend!!

Hits total: 2139 | This month: 10