Metal Storm logo
Kirk Windstein - Releasing Debut Solo Record In January

Legendary Crowbar frontman and ex-Down guitarist Kirk Windstein is releasing his debut solo album, Dream In Motion, on January 24th via Entertainment One (eOne). A first taste of what Kirk's solo debut holds in store can be experienced through a music video for the album's title track. Directed by Justin Reich.

As for his decision to record a solo album, Windstein states: "The idea to record a solo album started out as, "I'm going to do an acoustic record", but that's just so cliché, you know? Nothing against that, but it's been done a million times. But I had been thinking about doing something a little more mellow for some time. It's something I wanted to do, I needed to do. It's another side of my songwriting, my personality. It's another side of me. It's something I did for myself. It's not even that this isn't heavy, because there are bits and pieces that are very heavy. But even the heaviest riff on this is something I couldn't really do in Crowbar. If some Crowbar fans don't like it, I'll understand. But I hope people dig it."

Tracklist as follows:

01. Dream In Motion
02. Hollow Dying Man
03. Once Again
04. Enemy In Disguise
05. The World You Know
06. Toxic
07. The Healing
08. Necropolis
09. The Ugly Truth
10. Aqualung (Jethro Tull cover)

Source: facebook.com