Metal Storm logo
Paul Di'Anno - Reportedly Battling Cancer

Back in May, former Iron Maiden singer Paul Di'Anno bowed out of a scheduled tour of Brazil while dealing with health issues. The musician had already been performing from a wheelchair while dealing with knee and hip issues, but of concern in the statement from the Brazilian promoter was discussion of Di'Anno being hospitalized and waiting for a diagnosis and recommended treatment for an undisclosed ailment. In a new interview with Chilean site HumoNegro, fellow singer and friend Blaze Bayley disclosed that Di'Anno is currently dealing with cancer.

Bayley told HumoNegro: "Paul's in the hospital right now. He's got cancer, and also he's got problems with his knees and his hip. So he's gonna be in the hospital for another four months. He's doing okay and he's responding to treatment."

The vocalist continued: "We've played together many shows around the world ? in Russia, Sweden and Australia ? and the only places, really, that we haven't done are South America. So when he gets better ? maybe in a year or so ? maybe we'll be able to do a tour like that."

Though never coming right out and saying "cancer," Di'Anno's band Architects Of Chaoz had previously posted on Facebook: "We want to give you a short update about Paul's physical situation. At the moment Paul has got a shadow on his chest and lungs and a problem with his lymph nodes. Moreover he has a total arthritic break down with his legs. He will stay in hospital for a long period of time to get everything checked!"

However, a text exchange between Di'Anno and The Metal Voice editor Jimmy Kay suggests that Paul is in fact not battling cancer and that the shadow on his chest and lungs was determined to be nonmalignant.

Source: ultimate-guitar.com
Band profile: Paul Di'Anno
Posted: 07.07.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 6 users
07.12.2019 - 11:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno says that he is lucky to be alive after developing a deadly infection several years ago.

Di'Anno has battled a number of health issues in recent years. He reportedly underwent an operation in 2016 to remove a "rugby ball-sized abscess" on his lungs and required a knee-replacement operation on both knees after getting involved in several motorcycle accidents over the years. As a result, Di'Anno was forced to sit down while performing at his most recent shows.

In an interview with the Spanish web site Mariskalrock.com conducted by Jason Cenador, the vocalist spoke about his health problems and discussed his plans for the future.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-iron-maiden-singer-paul-dianno-i-nearly-died-four-years-ago/
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1232 | This month: 8