Metal Storm logo
Helloween - Joined By Gamma Ray For European Tour

The following message was posted on Helloween's official website:

"As already rumoured during the last couple of weeks, it is now confirmed that Gamma Ray will team up with Helloween on their upcoming European tour! The tour will kick off mid of November this year, and the line up will be completed by 1-2 additional acts.

Apart from very few festival appearances, this will be the first time ever both bands touring together and bears the possibility of Kai Hansen - Gamma Ray leader and ex- Helloween member- entering the stage to jam one or the other classic Helloween-song with his former band mates!

"This is going to be a historical event for all Helloween fans, we are looking forward to have Kai and his band on our tour with us" states Helloween guitarist Michael Weikath.

It is also planned -but not confirmed- to expand this promising package to the territories of South East Asia, North and South America".

Source: helloween.org
Band profile: Helloween
Posted: 15.06.2007 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 29   Visited by: 6 users
15.06.2007 - 18:13
Baz Anderson

AMAZING news!!!!
all I can say is they had better come to England!!!!
if they don't.. I may end up finding myself in a foreign country.. hahahaha

first time these two bands have EVER toured together
15.06.2007 - 18:45
WorpeX
Made of Metal
omg!! Expand it to north america please!

This will be so fucking sweet.
15.06.2007 - 19:00
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by WorpeX on 15.06.2007 at 18:45

omg!! Expand it to north america please!

This will be so fucking sweet.

no no no

More seriously, it will be a dream coming true for all the fans around the world. I hope for you that it will be happen.
15.06.2007 - 19:18
iaberis
Advice Troll
Amazing news!!! I hope they'll come here too!!! Wohooo!
News of the year!
----
Bitch! Please
15.06.2007 - 20:31
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Insane.
And the opening acts will be Iron Savior and Stormwarrior I guess, haha My life is complete.
15.06.2007 - 20:44
Baz Anderson

haha yeh! Stormwarrior doesn't really have much to do with them - so Iron Savior and Primal Fear or Masterplan or someone.. hahaha - that would be the best tour ever!
15.06.2007 - 20:48
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Baz Anderson on 15.06.2007 at 20:44

haha yeh! Stormwarrior doesn't really have much to do with them - so Iron Savior and Primal Fear or Masterplan or someone.. hahaha - that would be the best tour ever!

Well, Kai Hansen has guested Stormwarrior a couple of times and he's also joining their gig at WOA and I believe their fame is just big enough.
I also came to think about Primal Fear and Masterplan later, that would be awesome! o_O
15.06.2007 - 20:51
Baz Anderson

yeh, but it isnt like there are any full-time Helloween/Gamma Ray members there.

the set at Wacken will be painful for me because I probably wont see it - as the last time I looked, Immortal were playing at the same time
I will see Immortal at Hellfest anyway but I would prefer to see them again over Stormwarrior even if Kai Hansen will be there. haha
15.06.2007 - 21:05
selken
Irreligious
Thats great.
The last time I saw this was in my dreams, and my alarm woke me up. They MUST come to south america.

Where is Michael Kiske?
----
15.06.2007 - 21:53
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by selken on 15.06.2007 at 21:05

Thats great.
The last time I saw this was in my dreams, and my alarm woke me up. They MUST come to south america.

Where is Michael Kiske?

What if they get that new Kiske-Grapow-Hansen project as a support? Or just Kiske?
16.06.2007 - 00:36
Bararey
Winter is Coming
I can't wait for the tour dates to be announced!! I hope I can work my work schedule and see one of those gig
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
16.06.2007 - 02:22
Opium
Account deleted
This would be a wet dream for Judas

I'm not a fan of Gamma Ray though.
16.06.2007 - 02:23
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
wow, that's awkward lol. But hey was Walls Of Jericho not their greatest? Get 'em Kai!
16.06.2007 - 02:43
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
One of the best things that happened to metal in recent years. Im delighted !
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
16.06.2007 - 04:34
APOHAKC
The Bard
What a news, I am definetely going to Budapest/Hungary to see them this year, this is something no one should miss
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
16.06.2007 - 05:56
Pestilence

fuck ya! Now if they come to canada, then I might have a chance to see them.
16.06.2007 - 06:17
Bitch Boy

If only they would come here to North America
16.06.2007 - 07:16
selken
Irreligious
Written by Guest on 16.06.2007 at 02:23

wow, that's awkward lol. But hey was Walls Of Jericho not their greatest? Get 'em Kai!

if they play a Walls of Jericho track, I would have a heart-attack
----
16.06.2007 - 08:46
metalwarrior1
Account deleted
THATS A KICKS ASS NEWS!!! PLEASE COME TO US GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYSSSSS!!!!
16.06.2007 - 11:11
Judas
The Amputator
Written by selken on 15.06.2007 at 21:05

Thats great.

Where is Michael Kiske?

He's decided that it's alright for him to starve this year. Remember, he only comes back to leech off Metal (the genre which he turned his back on and ridiculed) when he thinks that his bank account is getting seriously low. He tops it up by crawling back to Metal for a few guest appearances then goes back into his Pop-Rock world of failure. Although, I'm being way too harsh on him I suppose, because he did give us some of the best music ever created during his time with Helloween.
Written by Guest on 16.06.2007 at 02:22

This would be a wet dream for Judas

I'm not a fan of Gamma Ray though.

You are quite right, I had the best orgasm of my life reading this. I really don't know what to say. I keep typing stuff, then deleting it, because words are not enough to capture how I feel about this news. Helloween and Gamma Ray... Holy fucking shit bahinchhot hell merde gay putain kameena bitch (+ every other expletive in all languages of the world). As of now, I hate each and every person who is going to see them on this tour. If they don't come to Australia, that is... Because that will really happen...

See, I'm typing rubbish. My brain is exploding. Helloween and Gamma Ray...

Baz, if you see them in concert, mind taking some photos to put on my grave?

*goes to hang himself*

*stops hanging himself to listen to Helloween and Gamma Ray and to yell at his parents for moving from India to Australia instead of to Europe*

*stops yelling and goes to find a second job, and prays that they come to Australia*
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
16.06.2007 - 15:17
Ahto

All I can say is, OMFG!!!
16.06.2007 - 15:37
Baz Anderson

Written by Judas on 16.06.2007 at 11:11

Baz, if you see them in concert, mind taking some photos to put on my grave?

hahahaha I am much the same as you really - Helloween and Gamma Ray have been two of my all time favourites for such a long time now - seeing these two on tour together would be the best show ever!!

I just worry because "European tour" sometimes means "All of Europe apart from England tour"
if I get to see this I guess I will take a bunch of photos.. haha
16.06.2007 - 22:29
Mother_North

I DEMAND YOU TO COME TO PORTUGAL (PORTO EXACTLY)!!!!!!! damn great bands
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
17.06.2007 - 10:23
Vicsor
Account deleted
Umm lets wait till Kai says something ... but if they do play Walls of Jericho or even The keeper ..FK that would be AWESOME !!! ... amazing that this is possible cause only Weikah is at Helloween now .... evbody else is out lol
17.06.2007 - 19:37
Icewings
La Luna
Sweetttt only I wish I was in Europe
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
18.06.2007 - 17:40
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Guest on 17.06.2007 at 10:23

Umm lets wait till Kai says something ... but if they do play Walls of Jericho or even The keeper ..FK that would be AWESOME !!! ... amazing that this is possible cause only Weikah is at Helloween now .... evbody else is out lol

Grosskopf?
18.06.2007 - 18:57
Vicsor
Account deleted
True i forgot him, maybe hes the reason lol
18.06.2007 - 22:13
ShadowedFire88

I really hope they come to canada this year.... It would be a really sick show...
----
...SHADOWEDFIRE...
27.06.2007 - 02:01
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
Oh great ¡¡
The two elits of the Germain Power Metal togheter...
Will Be Brutaaaaaaaaaaallllllll ¡¡¡¡

Hits total: 3104 | This month: 5