Metal Storm logo
Pure Heavy Metal?

30.12.2019 - 01:50
Ganondox
Historically, heavy metal was subgenre of hard rock that ended up evolving into a much more diverse genre than hard rock ever was. The distinction between hard rock and heavy metal started with Black Sabbath, but I consider Judas Priest to be the first metal band to transcend hard rock by moving away from the blues. The thing is, Judas Priest still has plenty of songs that I'd consider to be hard rock, so they are not purely a metal band. The first metal band that I'd consider to not also be hard rock is Iron Maiden. However, early Iron Maiden was punk influenced while later Iron Maiden is prog influenced, so they aren't quite purely metal either. Now, I have an idea of what pure metal sounds and could identify specific songs as being purely metal, I just can't think of any bands that are purely heavy metal. Subgenres do not count as most of them are either a fusion or derived from a fusion. The only ones I could think of that might work are power metal or doom metal, but those tend to be influenced by punk or blues respectively. I don't believe there is any notable band that fits strictly within these bounds, but I'd like to see someone prove me wrong.
30.12.2019 - 02:02
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Kabát?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
30.12.2019 - 16:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 30.12.2019 at 02:02

Kabát?
arakain n doga, holka samosexual
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.12.2019 - 16:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Heavy metal and hard rock are different genres, hm are sub genre of metal.

Pure hm hmmm rebellion, grave digger, x wild, blaze, later priset, Maiden, accept, udo, saxon, bruce
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing