Metal Storm logo
My Dying Bride - New Album Detailed, First Track Revealed

Official statement:

Like a phoenix from the ashes, a legend rises again in 2020. My Dying Bride went through some tough times last year and fought many struggles along the way, but now the British doom metal band are proud to announce their new studio album The Ghost Of Orion for 6th March, 2020.

The album can be pre-ordered by heading over here and the opening song "Your Broken Shore" is streaming for you below.

Vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe about the album: "A new album for a new era of My Dying Bride with fresh faces and a more accessible style compared to some of their past, highly technical releases. The Ghost Of Orion features compositions not only of epic proportions but of intimate quality too, from death metal vocals to the pained cries of a vocalist in longing, the L.P. will raise and fall like the beautiful landscape of Yorkshire in which it was recorded. With layer upon layer of guitars both heavy and harmonic, Andrew Craighan has created a rich soundscape that is beautifully epic, enhanced with violins and keys from Shaun MacGowan along with the ominous murmur of cello from acclaimed cellist Jo Quail. And speaking of guest artists, the wondrous voice of Lindy-Fay Hella (Wardruna) adds an ethereal beauty to the album. Adding his particular style of drumming this time round is Jeff Singer who's' percussion exploits have elevated the bands' rhythm section to another level aided by the effortlessly stylish Lena Abe on bass guitar. Aaron Stainthorpe delivers a compelling and often disturbing performance with his own particular style of vocals offering sincere eulogies along with the visceral carnage of a soul in pain, with poetic lyrics of a quality not often seen in this genre. This collection of songs is the bands most brilliant yet, honing 30 years of experience into the well crafted offering that is The Ghost Of Orion."

The Ghost Of Orion tracklist:

01. Your Broken Shore
02. To Outlive The Gods
03. Tired Of Tears
04. The Solace
05. The Long Black Land
06. The Ghost Of Orion
07. The Old Earth
08. Your Woven Shore

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: My Dying Bride
Posted: 03.01.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 168 users
03.01.2020 - 14:27
Lanthros
I'm excited for it already.
03.01.2020 - 14:58
Khold Baroness
Good news 🤟👍🎩🕷
03.01.2020 - 17:50
SatanicBlood
MDB are like an aged wine to me, the older it is the better.
Feel the Misery sincerely floored me. As a young man discovering them on MuchMusic when they released The Cry of Mankind back in the mid-late 90s, there hasn't been an album since that has turned me off.
Even 34.788%...Complete and Evinta had charms I cannot deny.
03.01.2020 - 20:53
Paradoxical
Fantastic! I was waiting for this news.
03.01.2020 - 21:23
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
New single is really good. It has a folkish quasi Amorphis style to it. The artwork it absolutely stunning.
03.01.2020 - 22:51
SebaRaven36
Good news.....
04.01.2020 - 01:24
DeathMetal
Good song, even better album art
04.01.2020 - 12:32
Ball Fondlers
I really like the new track. The album cover is great. This is looking very promising.
05.01.2020 - 01:10
Nice song. and I like the album art too.

not hyped about the Album name though, or song titles. Seems like it's a thing these days. Medusa by Paradise Lost, The Death of Gaia by Officium Triste, apparently bands like to be creative (uncreative) in tandem.

Makes me wonder if they plan these things together. an experimental phase in the late 90's. then a "back to roots" phase. 2015 saw both PL and MDB put out great, miserable albums with raw sorrow... and then they fell in love with greek mythology
05.01.2020 - 12:44
tintinb
I loved feel the misery. I will be totally looking forward to this.
----
Leeches everywhere.
05.01.2020 - 16:06
InnerSelf
proofread free
I loved the song, been a while since they had an oomph to their music and this feels like a step in the right direction.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
06.01.2020 - 12:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Violin and other weird instruments saves the doom. Good mix bedtween doom riffs, and other instruments, its like parts, and good vocals, not growls, not clean, its harmony, Adult Oriantated doom is rising, righ old Nick?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.01.2020 - 12:47
nikarg
staff
100% right.
06.01.2020 - 13:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by nikarg on 06.01.2020 at 12:47

100% right.

Its like 15 years ago I could go around city 20 times and then again, now neerest store I take a car, and hate walk to my work what is 10min walk, close distance , and I do it because I dont wanna pay for angine heater place and its bad for car in winter drive maybe 2km.
But if I need I can do long run forest walk whit a BBQ things.
Its in music they do all that album be good, not extras, no moves, all as old people has seen it all,
It will be good album.
----

apos;'
[image]
07.01.2020 - 00:16
EmeraldChasm
It looks good. a map of all our failures was absolutely perfect so i can only hope it's as good as that
07.01.2020 - 10:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by EmeraldChasm on 07.01.2020 at 00:16

It looks good. a map of all our failures was absolutely perfect so i can only hope it's as good as that

No it was not, this song is stronger as whole that album, even I liked that one, better as they put out in last years
----

apos;'
[image]
06.02.2020 - 14:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Interesting news is coming:

Brazilian Tribute to MY DYING BRIDE

The British Doom Metal band - MY DYING BRIDE will celebrate this year 3 decades of carrer, some of the main Brazilian names from Doom Metal scene are gathered in this Tribute for honoring some of MY DYING BRIDE classic songs along theses 30 years of existence.
The bands evolved are;

The Cross (BA)
Ode Insone (PB)
Soturnus (PB)
Les Mémoires Fall (SP)
Aporya (PB)
Soulsad (SP)
Eternal Sorrow (PR)
Silentio Mortis (RJ)
A Sorrowful Dream (RS)
Seeds of Destiny (PE)
Mortiferik (RJ)
Scarlet Peace (SE)
Wolfheart and The Ravens (SP)
Imago Mortis (RJ)
Volkmort (SC)
Contempty (MG)

----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 3479 | This month: 5