Metal Storm logo
Max & Igor Cavalera joining forces after 10 years

19.06.2007 - 09:25
Bulldozer
Account deleted
SEPULTURA founding members and brothers Max and Igor Cavalera have confirmed that they are collaborating on new music for the first time in more than 10 years. According to reports, the material will be released as a completely new project, separate from Max's work in SOULFLY.

Jose Mangin of Sirius Satellite Radio's Hard Attack just returned from Phoenix, Arizona where he visited Max at his home and got a chance to hear some of the music that has been written for this new band.

The material, which has been described by Mangin as "sick"-sounding, may include guest appearances by members of NAPALM DEATH and SOULFLY guitarist Marc Rizzo, although this has not yet been confirmed.

Igor Cavalera left SEPULTURA in June 2006 due to "artistic differences." He has since been replaced by Jean Dolabella (ex-UDORA).

Igor's departure from SEPULTURA came five months after he announced that he was taking a break from the group's touring activities to spend time with his second wife and their new son (who was born in January 2006). Filling in on drums during the band's spring 2006 European tour with IN FLAMES was Roy Mayorga, who played with Max in SOULFLY for several years in the late '90s and again in 2001-2003.

Max Cavalera left SEPULTURA in December 1996 after the rest of the band fired his wife Gloria as the group's manager.

www.blabbermouth.net

I just heard the news. Are you already aware of this event? This is so exciting: Max stated that after 10 years of such anger and fight, Igor will sure beat the shit out of any drum kit he gets.
19.06.2007 - 09:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I think we can discuss it in Sepultura traed
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=85

But ok I dont like new Sepultura and Maz was away so long and its only nostalgy to past still thay coud not criate such music how in eraly days and thay like persons has changet too
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.06.2007 - 10:01
Bulldozer
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 19.06.2007 at 09:55

But ok I dont like new Sepultura and Maz was away so long and its only nostalgy to past still thay coud not criate such music how in eraly days and thay like persons has changet too

Yeah, but I thought that it deserves its own topic. Maybe not.

I'm not a fan of new Sepultura either but I think this is exciting and this could work out. Then again, "reunions" never work. And yes, it could be just a matter of time until they start fighting each other again. Will wait and see...
19.06.2007 - 10:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.06.2007 at 10:01

Written by Bad English on 19.06.2007 at 09:55

Yeah, but I thought that it deserves its own topic. Maybe not.

I'm not a fan of new Sepultura either but I think this is exciting and this could work out. Then again, "reunions" never work. And yes, it could be just a matter of time until they start fighting each other again. Will wait and see...

I agree but thay change imige so it dont works too so some old fans wont go an dlsiten them its like 80tie sthrash bands after reunion but somehow if band was splitt up its more better
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.06.2007 - 00:19
APOHAKC
The Bard
Not sure is this good or bad news. After their separation, both made some very bad music and I don't want to be dissapointed again. But again, I am glad for the thousands of Soulfly, Sepultura... fans who will surely find something to enjoy from their new work
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
20.06.2007 - 02:17
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
The reunion interests in a nostalgic fashion but there can't be much expectation for those who do not hold the latter works of Sepultura and the works of Soulfly as highly as early Sepultura. We can only wait and see what they come up with, for there is always room for hope to see these people reinventing themselves. Still, I have this feeling that this project may sound like another Soulfly album.
----
Christless
20.06.2007 - 15:43
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Oh sweeeet. I think this could work out needo. I LOVE old Sepultura and LOVE Soulfly so yea, I don't think anything bad can come out of this (for meeee ). Ok, I guess there's wont be a new Orgasmatron but still, this fellas are experiences in thrash metal, who knows, maybe they feel the urge to create an ass kicking thrash album
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
27.06.2007 - 23:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
Whoa, great news! I really look forward to whatever they'll release!
----
27.06.2007 - 23:24
Robstar

Dude those are really good news ... Am going to be aware of it , cheers...
----
Nothing is unreacheable
28.06.2007 - 00:36
graywolf87
Account deleted
first...new sepultura should change the name to technopoptura, every time I hear them, I vomit.

second...fucking great news, this might caught the attention of the rest of sepultura and maybe make a reunion??? who knows after 10 year how can someone still feel hatred??? wake up sepultura!

third...thanx for the info bro.
17.10.2007 - 08:07
m3ta1he4d

Hell yeah! I guess it would be better if they just form their own group with a death thrash music style just like the ones in Schizophrenia, Beneath The Remains, and Arise. If they would reunite but would not play classic thrash death metal, well, I think they not better do a reunion anymore. Classic death thrash only!!!
17.10.2007 - 08:20
Woutjinho
Account deleted
there's no hope for them left. they will continue making shitty music. their time has gone
18.10.2007 - 04:04
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.10.2007 at 08:20

there's no hope for them left. they will continue making shitty music. their time has gone

I'm afraid I have to agree with you. Their golden age has long since passed, and they've been going downhill since "Chaos A.D." As of today, I am certain they are in the gutter.
18.10.2007 - 23:52
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
On one hand I'm quite excited about this, but on the other hand I'm also very skeptical. I hope we get to listen to some material soon, so all doubts are finally answered.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets