Metal Storm logo
Board/Table Games you play (non-video games thread)

19.06.2007 - 12:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Firts this is not about PC games

This tread are about games hat w eplay like table games or otherkid games

About me:
I werry offen play draughts and lil chess, also domino, I love play table games but since in nowdays ppl are more to PC i havnt play such games long time, but I wanna

alos I play football, moustly football I goolkeeper but also paly in field and soemtiems volley and basket too
but my fav game are table kockey, I play it since I was 5-6 years old, but that kind of hockey I play 10 years so nobody dont wanna play whit me, I win them all no destroy them all
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.06.2007 - 12:44
Baz Anderson

darts and pool.. I have my own dart board but unfortunately I don't own a pool table or anything like that.. I would really love to though

because I have my dart board, I can just practise whenever I like - so I can be quite good at times.. but I only play pool when I have friends here to play with - and that isn't very often nowadays unfortunately
last few games I was playing I had got a lot better though..

I was part of a snooker club the end of last year as well - I prefer snooker to pool but it is just more expensive to play and I would have to be very sucessful in life if I have room for a 12' table of my own. hahaha
19.06.2007 - 12:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 19.06.2007 at 12:44

darts and pool.. I have my own dart board but unfortunately I don't own a pool table or anything like that.. I would really love to though

because I have my dart board, I can just practise whenever I like - so I can be quite good at times.. but I only play pool when I have friends here to play with - and that isn't very often nowadays unfortunately
last few games I was playing I had got a lot better though..

I was part of a snooker club the end of last year as well - I prefer snooker to pool but it is just more expensive to play and I would have to be very sucessful in life if I have room for a 12' table of my own. hahaha

I use to play darts and I us eto have dart bord and my grandmothers house door looks so awfull aftre 5 years of trowing dart them, she was so angry hehe but that bord get old and I shood trow it out I still had darts, but no bord

About snooker I us eto play it but i shood go to pub an dpay money so i dont do offen
----

apos;'
[image]
19.06.2007 - 13:05
Pinusar
Account deleted
I like chess, it is very interesting but I don't have many people to play against. Very rarely I also play monopoly or other board games. I play warhammer fantasy battles quite often, a tabletop game which I find to be very interesting. In addition to that, also DnD from time to time. Sometimes I also play backgammon or how you call it...
I used to play football, but since my knee got into bad condition, I don't play it at all almost.
Sometimes I play pool but it's quite rarely and then I have to go to pub, and I'm not very good and I don't like it too much. Although I'd like to try snooker, it seems very interesting but also probably quite difficult, but I haven't seen a snooker table around here until now.
Sometimes I play card games, ordinary cards or Magic:the Gathering, I used to play it a lot, but haven't played too much lately.
19.06.2007 - 13:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.06.2007 at 13:05

I like chess, it is very interesting but I don't have many people to play against. Very rarely I also play monopoly or other board games. I play warhammer fantasy battles quite often, a tabletop game which I find to be very interesting. In addition to that, also DnD from time to time. Sometimes I also play backgammon or how you call it...
I used to play football, but since my knee got into bad condition, I don't play it at all almost.
Sometimes I play pool but it's quite rarely and then I have to go to pub, and I'm not very good and I don't like it too much. Although I'd like to try snooker, it seems very interesting but also probably quite difficult, but I haven't seen a snooker table around here until now.
Sometimes I play card games, ordinary cards or Magic:the Gathering, I used to play it a lot, but haven't played too much lately.

I like all kind of board game stoo but i cant find non to play all are wierd in last eyars when discovere PC
I had injured my knee by exe but I stull can play werry good and I woud love to play but all are bussy
About cards hha I love those games but I dunno game names in english
----

apos;'
[image]
19.06.2007 - 14:47
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i like the board game Carcassone...but usually don't have anyone who want's to play, because it's not so simply that everyone can hop in and play immedeately...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.06.2007 - 14:55
APOHAKC
The Bard
I play everything lol Pool, Darts, chess, cards even monopoly, risiko and other similar games with friends. Monopoly was quite popular for few weeks ago, we would bought beer and then play monopoly, sometimes it can be really thought when someone caught someone during cheating and stuff, I remember that we=hen we were younger real fights happend dozens of time, but not like when we played risiko lol It was really risk to play if you are weaker than others
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
19.06.2007 - 15:59
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Written by APOHAKC on 19.06.2007 at 14:55

Monopoly was quite popular for few weeks ago, we would bought beer and then play monopoly, sometimes it can be really thought when someone caught someone during cheating and stuff,

Yeah I play Monopoly too (have one with Lord of the Rings Special Edition ), I am always the Bank coz I know towards the end a lot of the players get desperate and start cheating, and I do not like that!

I play Clue too, it's a fun game and it does not take as long as Monopoly.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
19.06.2007 - 16:06
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I play Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit and Cluedo with my siblings. I also play cards and yatzy. Then darts, badminton and "mölkky" at our summer cottage.
----
You'll never walk alone.
19.06.2007 - 22:45
rageing atheist
Account deleted
I play Dungeons and Dragons also sometimes Warhammer and even Magic:The Gathering, but I don't play any "serious" sportsgames as they seem boring, plus I'm horrible in all of them because I'm somewhat weak, skinny and clumsy, so it could be said that the only non-pc games I play are somewhat geeky, and of those three I also play only D&D regularly. Oh yeah, also I occasionaly play Alias, it can be very funny in good company. Sometimes I also play cards but I'm not too keen on chess, because I'm not very good there.
03.07.2007 - 23:38
Account deleted
I love playing chess.
04.07.2007 - 15:40
Piro

Chess, and Warhammer mostly, wanted to try D&D for awhile, but never got into it
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
04.07.2007 - 20:35
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Well, lately i'm quite into the "Party & Co" game, as well as a game which is a mix of Parcheesi and Ludo, called Parchís here in Spain, and it's quite popular ^^.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
04.07.2007 - 20:49
~IAMLEGEND~
Account deleted
I honestly use to play Magic: the Gathering, but dropped it after I kept losing so many damn games.

I'm just not as good at making decks
12.07.2007 - 05:50
Oracle
Orcinus
I love playing trivial pursuit. i think its a heaps fun game but its also heaps hard too. i also like a game of pool and snooker. i enjoy playing both of those and i am alright at them. sometimes i can be competetive but others i play it for fun.
12.07.2007 - 21:37
Cassandra
Account deleted
i love pool, i wish i could afford my own table. im not very good, but i dont play often.
12.07.2007 - 21:57
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
When I was younger I always used to play Escape from Colditz. I didn't get to play it that much, but it came out every christmas and I ended up playing it with my grandparents taking great pleasure in the role of the prison guards, shooting my grandparents as they attempt to scale the prison walls and escape...

----
This is an outrage...
08.08.2007 - 12:17
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
I love to play table tennis, and chess.
08.08.2007 - 13:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Tony Harrison on 12.07.2007 at 21:57

When I was younger I always used to play Escape from Colditz. I didn't get to play it that much, but it came out every christmas and I ended up playing it with my grandparents taking great pleasure in the role of the prison guards, shooting my grandparents as they attempt to scale the prison walls and escape...

Wow. That's a big swastika there. I strongly doubt such a boxcover would still get through censorship today.. Sounds like a nice game.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.08.2007 - 23:20
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Written by Lucas on 08.08.2007 at 13:11

Wow. That's a big swastika there. I strongly doubt such a boxcover would still get through censorship today.. Sounds like a nice game.

Yeah your right, later versions of the game didnt include it. They've stopped making it at the moment as I heard there's a Colditz remake in the works for the cinema and they are going to rerelease the game to coincide with it.
----
This is an outrage...
13.12.2007 - 12:22
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
i was in chess club at school haha *geek* but i still play when i get chance. i'm not actually that good to be honest but i like playing. Backgammon is another one i like but i'm not keen on draughts, i find that a little boring after a while. Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly... anything really i'd rather get a bunch of people together to play board or card games that watch tv or films most of the time. ooh and Cluedo!

Recently started learning to play Bridg which is quite intriguing although it is very involved and way out of my league at the moment, hopefully i'll get the hang of it for when i'm older and have time to play as it's been fun learning so far. i can play any kinds of Whist for hours though. i was kind of brought up on board and card games, not much tv in our house when i was younger.

Heard of Escape from Colditz but i've never played it. I used to play some wargames when i was younger and that was fun but i couldn't afford to buy the figures so gave up after a year or so.
13.12.2007 - 15:30
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Subbuteo- Very nostalgic for me, reminds me of christmas in the UK.

Risk-
definitely my favorite board game, the strategy and back-stabbing are unmatched, with Australia getting a tourism boost! (plus it's a game my whole family can agree on.)

Stratego- pretty fun too, I feel it is a good alternative to chess.

Monopoly- a classic, I don't know what this credit card bullshit is though (the paper money is supposed to add to the mental benefits of the game.)

Cranium, Trivial Pursuit DVD, and Scene-It-
definitely the best party games.

Scategories- Great game for laughs and uniqueness. Top game for arguments but the vote system makes for quick settlements. (I have had arguments over "jewelry" being a j-word for the category "Things Found at Bottom of the Sea.")

I recently played a game called "Masterpiece" and it goes well with classical music in the background. You bid on paintings without knowing how much they are actually worth and deception plays a key role in winning the game, but skill isn't a big factor.

As for card games Phase 10 is great, Canasta, Rummy, Euchre, Spades, Hearts, all styles of poker (have won quite a bit of money playing Omaha H/L and Limit Hold 'em. )
I am crap at Blackjack, who isn't though right?

Recently rediscovered Magic: The Gathering (love playing an intense game with Pagan/Folk and Power Metal in the background.)
When I was younger I went through the phases of the Pokemon, Digimon and the Dragon Ball Z TCGs. I remember how crazy the value of a Charizard card was, the greed and resulting violence were so bad my school banned them, it was basically gambling for children.

I hate Scrabble. I HATE it. I find it extremely annoying because I get crushed by my relatives every single time I play.
And just for the record LIFE is the worst game ever.
13.12.2007 - 19:11
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
i LOVE Risk! just remembered it now.
15.12.2007 - 01:04
Nilla
Account deleted
I don't play any sports but I play a lot of boardgames and maybe like once a month I have boardgame evenings with some friends (a bit of a boardgame geek here). I generally prefer games that take maybe 2-4 hours to play. Some recommendations of games I like are Ticket to ride, Puerto Rico, Talisman, Power grid, History of the world and Betrayal at the house on the hill. My boyfriends also have an old game called Monsters ravage America, I don't know if its even available to buy today but it is a wonderful concept each player chosing a monster to devour american cities. I have also tried playing the Warhammer figure game Mordheim but I don't like painting the figures so expanding the warrior group can be a problem there.

When it comes to card games I mostly play humorous games where my favourite is Let's kill, in wich you play serial killers trying to be famous by killing different people, lots of funny cards in that one and the same goes for the card game Munchkin and its many various expantions - a must for people that also are roleplaying and can joke about it.
15.12.2007 - 01:34
Warman
Erotic Stains
I just came home from a game of "Risk" with my friends. It's really fun, I've always liked it, but a little too long maybe?
----
16.12.2007 - 10:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.12.2007 at 19:11

i LOVE Risk! just remembered it now.

what is Risk I know Megadeat CD but game can you post pic?
----

apos;'
[image]
17.12.2007 - 11:29
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
but there are loads of different versions. i have Lord of the Rings too!
17.12.2007 - 13:50
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Written by Guest on 17.12.2007 at 11:29

but there are loads of different versions. i have Lord of the Rings too!

Was gonna say I thought there was a LOTR version. I remember my brief stint working in debenhams few years back how there were about 20 different versions of monopoly (besides all the city ones) such as disney, simpsons etc. The variations are pretty good and keep breathing life into the games, just the other night i played the monopoly which has no notes, but instead the card swiping machine - great fun!
----
This is an outrage...
18.12.2007 - 06:32
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
today my family ordered a table that doubles as a air hockey table and a pool table, cant wait till it arrives an can start playing... weve also got a dartboard which is pretty sweet
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
18.12.2007 - 23:31
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 18.12.2007 at 06:32

today my family ordered a table that doubles as a air hockey table and a pool table, cant wait till it arrives an can start playing... weve also got a dartboard which is pretty sweet

The air hockey table brings back painful memories from back at college where we had quite a brutal game and managed to make it leave the table and smack into my fingers, both nail and finger went black for a couple of days and could hardly feel them after the pain subsided! Still, good fun and would love to play again at some point.
----
This is an outrage...