Metal Storm logo
Mayhem - US Tour Cancelled And Official MySpace Up

The following message was posted on Mayhem's official website:

"Season of Mist, Thunderdome Booking and Decibel Magazine regret to inform you of the cancellation of Mayhem's "Deconsecrate the States" 2007 US Tour that was scheduled to hit this coming July. During his recent stint across the US with fellow countrymen Dimmu Borgir, elder Mayhem member and battery, Hellhammer, has suffered an unfortunate and serious injury to his right limb. It is impossible for him to play any time soon as he is currently scheduling surgery and will need rest and rehabilitation in order to heal his impaired arm. Being such an indispensable part of the band, fellow members Necrobutcher, Blasphemer and Attila realized that they are not complete without him and had no choice but to cancel this current US jaunt.
The band have issued this statement, the power of Mayhem must come at full force and without Hellhammer, it is impossible for us to accomplish this feat. We deeply regret having to cancel the tour but we feel that there truly was no other option. We shall however return stronger than ever to deconsecrate your shores as soon as humanly possible!"

For the good news, the official Mayhem Myspace is up and running. You can find it at this location.

Source: thetruemayhem.com
Band profile: Mayhem
Posted: 19.06.2007 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 7 users
19.06.2007 - 23:05
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
life: 2, Hellhammer: 0
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.06.2007 - 23:21
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by LeChron James on 19.06.2007 at 23:05

life: 2, Hellhammer: 0

I see that you update the score after the post about Mayhem on the Hellfest news.
20.06.2007 - 08:39
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
Hellhammer might be THE most overrated drummer of all time. I am a drummer, have been for 3 years, and after seeing him with dimmu borgir a month ago, I have to say I was very very dissapointed.
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire
21.06.2007 - 07:01
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hellhammer might be an overrated drummer but that fill on the second song of Dimmu's new release was RIDICULOUS. and hes also (at least durin the time the Lords of Chaos book was written) sorta hardcore black metal racist with the whole "we dont like black people very much". it was either him or Samoth that said that. whatever.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
21.06.2007 - 13:21
Judas
The Amputator
Written by LeChron James on 21.06.2007 at 07:01

Hellhammer might be an overrated drummer but that fill on the second song of Dimmu's new release was RIDICULOUS. and hes also (at least durin the time the Lords of Chaos book was written) sorta hardcore black metal racist with the whole "we dont like black people very much". it was either him or Samoth that said that. whatever.

Just because his stuff doesn't look or sound hard doesn't mean that it isn't, try playing some of the stuff he did with Arcturus and you'll see what I mean. And about the Lords of Chaos thing, he's pretty much just jumping on the bandwagon there, seeing as one of his own parents is actually Moroccan. He can't get all 'Nordic superiority' on anyone, the untermensch! (just joking, of course, I'm not racist)
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
23.06.2007 - 09:11
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
then odds are it was Samoth who was like "YEEEARG I DONT LIKE BLACK PEOPLE" . thanks for the clarification.:kopkop:
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Hits total: 4806 | This month: 8