Metal Storm logo
Akerfeldt comments on the 'Lamentations' DVD

OPETH main songwriter and guitarist Mikael Åkerfeldt recently spoke to Wichita's F5 about the group's recently released live DVD, "Lamentations - Live At Shepherds Bush Empire". Asked what he thought the first time he saw the finished product, Mikael said, "I was nervous. I thought it was going to be shit. But I was happily surprised. I was surprised about the way it looked and just the way I looked. I didn't look like a fat blob as I expected. I think it's a very good DVD, especially compared to some low-budget DVDs by extreme metal bands such as ourselves. I think it fully represents us."

With regards to whether he was also nervous about the detailed documentary about the making of "Deliverance" and "Damnation", Mikael said, "Not so much. It's a friend of mine who did that documentary. I've known him since I was a kid and talking with him was ... we're such good friends that there was nothing weird about talking about intimate details. He was there, he knew all about all the stuff that went on. It was pretty easy and I like the fact that we exposed ourselves in a deeper way than many other bands."

Band profile: Opeth
Posted: 30.01.2004 by Deadsoulman

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 0   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 7 users

Hits total: 844 | This month: 3