Metal Storm logo
Agalloch

Original post

Posted by Detric, 28.05.2006 - 00:39
Okay we had a thread about this amazing band before all the threads got deleted, so I think its time for a new one, especially because they are about to release their new album Ashes Against The Grain. I cant remember when it will be released but I think it was August 8th or something. For those who dont know Agalloch, they are very hard to categorize but ill say they are a doom metal band, with alot of influences from post rock, gothic and even black metal. You can listen to the track Falling Snow from their upcoming album right here: http://www.theendrecords.com/label/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=38

Listen to The Mantle, and you will understand what im talking about, words cannot descbribe my love for that album.

Ive heard the new album is already leaked, if anyone's got it, and wanna share just PM me, would be pretty cool, cause I just cant wait! Ill buy it when it comes out, no doubt about that, but im just so desperate.

Cover and tracklist:

01. Limbs
02. Falling Snow
03. This White Mountain on Which You Will Die
04. Fire Above, Ice Below
05. Not unlike the Waves
06. Our Fortress Is Burning... I
07. Our Fortress Is Burning... II - Bloodbirds
08. Our Fortress Is Burning... III - The Grain
27.06.2014 - 17:10
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I saw Agalloch live for the second time this week. They played the majority of the songs off The Serpent and the Sphere, with the exception of Cor Serpentis (The Sphere), Birth And Death Of The Pillars Of Creation, and the outro, Serpens Cauda. It was killer live, especially Dark Matter Gods and Plateau of the Ages. A few selections were included from Agalloch's back catalog as well, such as The Melancholy Spirit, Limbs, Into the Painted Grey, ... And the Great Cold Death of the Earth, and Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires. Was a great set. The new music sounds great live too. One guy in the audience kept yelling "Falling Snow," and after about 4 songs John Haughm replied to him with a blackened "NOOOOO!" "(paraphrased) We didn't include that song to piss people off." The show was at The Earl, which is where they played the last time I saw them. It's a pretty small venue space located behind The Earl's main restaurant area. I think the max capacity is 300, so it was pretty intimate as far as concerts go. I got a spot in front of the stage right in front of Don Anderson. With the massive sound reverberating in that small room it knocked one of the incense cauldrons off its wooden pedestal, so Agalloch's road guy spent some time trying smother the embers, which fell in between the stage and some wooden crates holding the stage monitors. Overall a great show.
27.06.2014 - 17:23
Ganondox

Agalloch is probably the only band based in extreme metal (doom and black metal) which is softer than normal metal. Absolutely love the band, very unique and beautiful sound, though I mainly know their work from the Mantel and few other songs like Falling Snow.
27.06.2014 - 18:06
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Ganondox on 27.06.2014 at 17:23

normal metal.

Extreme metal isn't normal then?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
27.06.2014 - 18:25
Ganondox

Written by Karlabos on 27.06.2014 at 18:06

Written by Ganondox on 27.06.2014 at 17:23

normal metal.

Extreme metal isn't normal then?

Not compared to traditional heavy metal. That's what I meant.
29.06.2014 - 01:51
Deathmaster

I am Currently listening to a playlist made from their recent setlists and yes mine Includes falling anow I really would like to hear that one live as well as Hallways of enchanted Ebony. Fingers Crossed.
----
"While I live let me live deep."-Robert Howard
30.06.2014 - 06:11
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Deathmaster on 29.06.2014 at 01:51

I am Currently listening to a playlist made from their recent setlists and yes mine Includes falling anow I really would like to hear that one live as well as Hallways of enchanted Ebony. Fingers Crossed.

Don't let your hopes up too much. They've played "Falling Snow" on pretty much every tour since AATG came out, so I think they are changing it up this time.
01.07.2014 - 03:45
Deathmaster

Hmmm... Power of Positive Thinking! I would be very happy to hear just one of any of the:In the Shadow of our pale Companion, Hallways of Enchanted Ebony, Odal, And you were but a Ghost in my arms, The Melancholy Spirit would be interesting (saw that on a recent setlist or two) So Yeah John... If you could play one of those That'd be grrreeeeaaaatttt... Also I'm going to need your Stapler john.
----
10.07.2014 - 08:10
Deathmaster

Wow That was one of the best concerts I've been to, an absolute experience. The songs really took on a life of their own live, Don Anderson stole the show, and yes They Played Falling Snow. Also worth noting that Don will be playing on the new Sol Invictus album, which is coming out this fall:)
----
10.07.2014 - 10:28
no one
Account deleted
Written by Deathmaster on 10.07.2014 at 08:10

Wow That was one of the best concerts I've been to, an absolute experience. The songs really took on a life of their own live, Don Anderson stole the show, and yes They Played Falling Snow. Also worth noting that Don will be playing on the new Sol Invictus album, which is coming out this fall:)

lucky bastard
02.09.2014 - 23:44
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Agalloch bassist John Walton just released another new single. He's got a decent amount of material up on Bandcamp: https://jwalton.bandcamp.com/music
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."