Metal Storm logo
Agalloch

Original post

Posted by Detric, 28.05.2006 - 00:39
Okay we had a thread about this amazing band before all the threads got deleted, so I think its time for a new one, especially because they are about to release their new album Ashes Against The Grain. I cant remember when it will be released but I think it was August 8th or something. For those who dont know Agalloch, they are very hard to categorize but ill say they are a doom metal band, with alot of influences from post rock, gothic and even black metal. You can listen to the track Falling Snow from their upcoming album right here: http://www.theendrecords.com/label/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=38

Listen to The Mantle, and you will understand what im talking about, words cannot descbribe my love for that album.

Ive heard the new album is already leaked, if anyone's got it, and wanna share just PM me, would be pretty cool, cause I just cant wait! Ill buy it when it comes out, no doubt about that, but im just so desperate.

Cover and tracklist:

01. Limbs
02. Falling Snow
03. This White Mountain on Which You Will Die
04. Fire Above, Ice Below
05. Not unlike the Waves
06. Our Fortress Is Burning... I
07. Our Fortress Is Burning... II - Bloodbirds
08. Our Fortress Is Burning... III - The Grain
03.02.2012 - 14:28
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Apatheria on 03.02.2012 at 07:05

Agalloch's my favorite band, period. Very happy to see they have a following here.

Not long ago on their official facebook page, they announced plans for a full 30 date US tour sometime this summer. I've already seen them live six different times, but I'd love to shoot for a seventh and possibly eighth live viewing if they have multiple dates in the northwest...

I saw them for the first time last March. Best show I've been to, period.
03.02.2012 - 20:56
Apatheria
Written by Guest on 03.02.2012 at 14:28

Written by Apatheria on 03.02.2012 at 07:05

Agalloch's my favorite band, period. Very happy to see they have a following here.

Not long ago on their official facebook page, they announced plans for a full 30 date US tour sometime this summer. I've already seen them live six different times, but I'd love to shoot for a seventh and possibly eighth live viewing if they have multiple dates in the northwest...

I saw them for the first time last March. Best show I've been to, period.

Their show this last October was their best that I've seen. They played Odal and the final movement of Hawthorne Passage, before ending the show with The Lodge (Dismantled). No Bloodbirds sadly, but those three tracks made up for it.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
04.02.2012 - 00:46
BlueMobius
Account deleted
The set list for the show last march was:
They Escaped the Weight of Darkness (intro), Into the Painted Grey, Falling Snow, The Watcher's Monolith, Of Stone, Wind, and Pillor, Limbs, Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires, Our Fortress is Burning... II: Bloodbirds, Dead Winter Days, and In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion.
04.02.2012 - 00:51
Apatheria
Aye, I was at that show as well. The lack of Mantle tracks on the setlist was a bit saddening, but they more than made up for it in the show last October.

If memory serves correctly, the full tracklist for the October show was...

Falling Snow, The Watcher's Monolith, Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires, Into The Painted Grey, Hallways of Enchanted Ebony, Odal, the Hawthorne Passage, In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion, and finally The Lodge (Dismantled)

The especially cool thing was that they played In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion exactly as it sounds on the Mantle, rather than the heavier version they typically play live. A real treat!
----
Heavy metal is the law.
04.02.2012 - 19:07
Very jealous of you all. someone needs to convince these guys to tour the northeast
----
Here at the edge of this world
Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God...
Then God is not dead
05.02.2012 - 22:25
Apatheria
Like I said, they have a 30 date US tour coming up this summer, so it's very likely they'll hit every region.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
06.02.2012 - 07:29
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Looks like they are releasing Whitedivisiongrey on CD. It's on sale in their shop.
06.02.2012 - 11:03
Apatheria
I've already got it on vinyl, but...damn, it's tempting, man.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
07.02.2012 - 02:45
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Apatheria on 06.02.2012 at 11:03

Yeah, I have it on vinyl as well, but it is tempting. I think I will resist this time. Gotta draw the line somewhere.
07.02.2012 - 02:56
Apatheria
Written by Guest on 07.02.2012 at 02:45

Written by Apatheria on 06.02.2012 at 11:03

Yeah, I have it on vinyl as well, but it is tempting. I think I will resist this time. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

They're sold out already, anyway. :v
----
Heavy metal is the law.
08.02.2012 - 02:53
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Apatheria on 07.02.2012 at 02:56

They're sold out already, anyway. :v

That was just the first batch of 200. They are getting 800 more.
21.02.2012 - 01:29
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Want to get your fill until the next Agalloch release? Sick of listening to the older stuff? Then check this out. You can get album FOR FREE on bandcamp:

----
rekt
21.02.2012 - 04:45
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Sick of Agalloch's old stuff? Never.
22.02.2012 - 09:16
Apatheria
I took a photo of my Agalloch collection today for shits n' giggles.

CDs: Pale Folklore, Of Stone Wind and Pillor, The Mantle, The Grey, Ashes Against the Grain, The White, The Demonstration Archive, Marrow of the Spirit

Vinyl: Ashes Against the Grain, Marrow of the Spirit, WhiteDivisionGrey, Split with Nest, From Which of this Oak

7 Inch: John Haughm's solo release.

Written by Guest on 21.02.2012 at 04:45

This.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
23.02.2012 - 10:18
MiranTrescu
I'm right there with you guys. Ashamed to say I discovered this band in late 2010, but they have quickly become my favorite band. I usually purchase my albums digitally, where I bought The Mantle, Ashes Against the Grain, and Marrow of the Spirit, but I also bought "Marrow of the Spirit" on vinyl because it just blew me away.

I haven't had the chance to see them live, but they're at the top of my list.
24.02.2012 - 06:23
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by MiranTrescu on 23.02.2012 at 10:18

I'm right there with you guys. Ashamed to say I discovered this band in late 2010, but they have quickly become my favorite band. I usually purchase my albums digitally, where I bought The Mantle, Ashes Against the Grain, and Marrow of the Spirit, but I also bought "Marrow of the Spirit" on vinyl because it just blew me away.

I haven't had the chance to see them live, but they're at the top of my list.

I believe they are planning a 30 date U.S. tour for this summer, so keep a lookout for those dates.
01.03.2012 - 03:56
Hylia
Written by Apatheria on 22.02.2012 at 09:16

CDs: Pale Folklore, Of Stone Wind and Pillor, The Mantle, The Grey, Ashes Against the Grain, The White, The Demonstration Archive, Marrow of the Spirit

Vinyl: Ashes Against the Grain, Marrow of the Spirit, WhiteDivisionGrey, Split with Nest, From Which of this Oak

This.

wow, godlike collection. I am envious, I only have ashes, marrow of the spirit and pale folklore.
01.03.2012 - 09:55
Apatheria
Written by Hylia on 01.03.2012 at 03:56

Written by Apatheria on 22.02.2012 at 09:16

This.

wow, godlike collection. I am envious, I only have ashes, marrow of the spirit and pale folklore.

Honestly I still regret that I don't have either The Mantle or Pale Folklore on vinyl. I remember the time when they were going for anywhere between $60 and $100 on eBay: now you're lucky to grab them for $200.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
16.05.2012 - 03:33
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Looks like they're touring the U.S. with Taurus this summer. Dates haven't been officially announced but they are playing The Earl in Atlanta on August 1. I'm sure dates will drop soon.
27.06.2012 - 19:54
The Turbanator
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
30.06.2012 - 02:29
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 27.06.2012 at 19:54

Brand new Agalloch track!

http://agalloch.bandcamp.com/track/faustian-echoes

I have been enjoying this very much over the past few days.

I'm starting to feel more and more that Agalloch belong in the extreme metal forum and not so much in the melodic metal forum.
20.02.2013 - 15:07
Detric
King Of Twilight
For all Agalloch collectors I need your help. I'm going to sell three rare vinyls on eBay, but have no idea how much they are worth. Pale Folklore (blue wax, ltd 400), The Mantle (grey wax, ltd 500), Ashes Against.. (orange splatter, ltd 200). How much do they go for on eBay? If anyone wants to buy them please write here or send me a private message. Otherwise I will put them on eBay. Thanks guys.
08.06.2013 - 15:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

there no ''new'' agalloch just now, there same same, ehit lil folk or BM sound, but generaly its same, no old no new, just a Agalloch
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.02.2014 - 12:20
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
It was really cool being able to see this band live back in September for the first time. They know how to put on a great show these days, and telling from the video they put out some years back, they've definitely improved their live act since then. I'm actually wearing the shirt I got from the show right now as I'm typing. Hope for some really good things from their new album.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
21.04.2014 - 21:09
telephonebear
Account deleted
This website shows the white cover for ashes, is it a regional thing as i can only find the brown one. im in the uk btw
23.04.2014 - 04:27
no one
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 22.04.2014 at 19:30

Never understood why so many people like Agalloch so much, they sound shitboring as fuck to me. I have tried and tried to get into them, listening to everyone's favorite albums and songs and I just can't do it. They fucking bore me to death.

you can be mates with deadone
01.05.2014 - 00:56
Lucerna
I'm only just getting into Agalloch. I have heard of them beforehand but for some reason my head told me that I listened to them earlier and found it shit, so I never really decided to check it out. Listened to some of Marrow of the Spirit just now and I must say I liked it and I'm understanding better why they are considered so good.
As a guy who primarily loves prog and black, and not so much doom, which albums are most worth checking out? I might roam places and buy a vinyl.
----
达到光亮之前我是个小龙 | Last.fm
12.05.2014 - 17:22
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.04.2014 at 21:09

This website shows the white cover for ashes, is it a regional thing as i can only find the brown one. im in the uk btw

Well, all versions come with the brown one. The white cover is actually a slip case that goes over the entire jewel case with the brown booklet underneath.
16.05.2014 - 16:04
telephonebear
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 12.05.2014 at 17:22

Written by Guest on 21.04.2014 at 21:09

Well, all versions come with the brown one. The white cover is actually a slip case that goes over the entire jewel case with the brown booklet underneath.

ok, thanks for clearing that up. my digital copy on media player is white but i think i prefer brown
26.05.2014 - 22:12
Dr.Overkill26
I will be seeing Agalloch Live On JUly 2nd, I am Pumped!
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie