Metal Storm logo
Candlemass - To Release 'The Pendulum' EP In March

On March 27th, doom metal icons Candlemass will unleash a brand new EP, The Pendulum, featuring never-before-heard, unused tracks cut from the The Door To Doom recording sessions. The Pendulum contains 6 tracks and you can now listen to the title-one down under.

Says band mastermind Leif Edling: "The Pendulum' is about hard riffing, epic choruses and total delusion the fanatical way. It is in fact the last thing I wrote for The Door To Doom album but didn't have the time to finish it. Here it is in its grand/mad luster with a great mix by Niklas Flyckt, and produced by Marcus Jidell. It is followed by 5 unreleased demos from the DTD sessions because the whole sha-bang was at first supposed to be a double effort but got trimmed down to a single album eventually.

"I love "The Pendulum" track, album quality if you ask me, and songs like "Porcelain Skull" and "Snakes Of Goliath" are not bad either. They just didn't make it to the final thing. So I hope you like this EP that features the "missing" songs. The last pieces of the puzzle of the 1 year recording that became the album The Door To Doom. Enjoy."

Tracks as follows:

01. The Pendulum
02. Snakes Of Goliath (demo)
03. Sub Zero (demo)
04. Aftershock (demo)
05. Porcelain Skull (demo)
06. The Cold Room (demo)

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Candlemass
Posted: 01.02.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 54 users
01.02.2020 - 18:25
It grows after few spins, better than some songs on the LP, the sound could be more polished tho. Hope that when they do the next LP they will make Johan use his vocals differently than going from whispering to screaming at the top of his lungs, cuz his voice has so much more potential.
05.02.2020 - 14:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Not their best, we will see how this will be,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1530 | This month: 2