Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Launch First Single And Video From The New Album

As it has been revealed couple of weeks ago, Nightwish will unleash their new album Human. :II: Nature. on April 10th. Today, the band present the first official single and video clip for the song "Noise". Music video was directed by Stobe Harju with the Co4lition film team.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 07.02.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 34   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 272 users
07.02.2020 - 15:45
It's not even disappointing anymore.
07.02.2020 - 15:58
JoHn Doe
Not bad. i wish it had a guitar solo though
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
07.02.2020 - 16:16
musclassia
staff
Honestly, compared to the album tracks on Endless Forms... I actually rather like it
08.02.2020 - 04:33
Litvin
Ohhh I see the title saying Nightwish and what I hear is Nightwish playing Nightwish, so this time it is truly Nightwish
08.02.2020 - 04:54
Night Theater
This is a pretty standard song (them on autopilot), but I still like it.
08.02.2020 - 06:03
ScottyM
Tits and vanity all to the tune of Nightwish! What's not to love? I'm down with it!
08.02.2020 - 07:39
DarkenedMind
Musically is alright, typical Nightwish stuff, but I wish that Floor would stretch her vocal range a bit
08.02.2020 - 09:44
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So Emppu turned into that blonde chick, or did I miss him in the video? The beaten up guy maybe?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

08.02.2020 - 12:26
Metren
Dreadrealm
The blonde chick is hot AF. The song's terrible.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
08.02.2020 - 12:43
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I like it, because of course I do.

Not a future classic - and a fairly standard Nightwish song over all - but it's a solid first single.
08.02.2020 - 14:00
Ellinor
Endless forms was just meh. If this is representative of the new album...well, we are in for the first true stinker by Nightwish.
08.02.2020 - 19:41
NortheRnmost
Written by Irritable Ted on 08.02.2020 at 17:27

Sounds like any track from the previous album. I miss the days of Fishmaster and Nemo. I'm not a Tarja fanboy at all, but the music just sounded better back then.

I listen to first three albums most often, nothing beats the old powermetal/symphonic vocal combination w/ guitar solos. This song was okay. Even though I understand the message about vanity and self-indulgence etc it's just annoying to watch a whole video about people taking selfies, for me music is escapism from that shit.
09.02.2020 - 02:13
mikeprado30
Loved it so much Hopefully it will be even better than EFMB (I can't understand why most people was disappointed with that album).
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
09.02.2020 - 04:33
ScottyM
Written by mikeprado30 on 09.02.2020 at 02:13

Loved it so much Hopefully it will be even better than EFMB (I can't understand why most people was disappointed with that album).

I understand perfectly why there was so much disappointment for EFMB, and it isn't simply because it was a bad album like so many have boiled their argument down to. After Anette, Floor was widely viewed as a breath of fresh air. They pumped out so many videos of live performances with Floor and it got everyone unrealistically hyped. Just like any other form of entertainment, be it a movie, TV show, or video game, when there is an unrealistic amount of hype for something, no matter what the outcome is, there is guaranteed to be disappointment. It can't possibly live up to the expectations everyone had built up in their imaginations.

That said, I thoroughly enjoy this single, and it gives me hope that we'll see another Imaginaerum 2.0 with Floor in the sense that so far, Nightwish's sophomore albums with new singers are far superior to their debuts.
09.02.2020 - 08:56
Ruchesko
Reassuringly generic sympho shtick from Tuomas.

No awkward pipe solos shoehorned in to give Troy something to do.
09.02.2020 - 10:11
annodomini
This video says everything what Nightwish is for the last 10 years. Uninspired and cliche band which becomes this way by trying to be uncliche. I'm actually starting to question Tuomas abilities as a writer per se. Could the first albums be just a lucky coincidence? I mean, how proclaimed genius songwriter as Tuomas can let himself drown in such dullness of Dysneyish symphonics, with no substance. He keeps repeating himself since Once.
The themes in songs are so cringe that it's almost unlistenable. It's like listening to a music written by antivaxer or some new age preacher. It seems Tuomas is trying to be someone so much, that he forgets who he really is. Just remember all those Dysney dolls he was putting on his instruments.
And Floor... How can you have such a jewel in your band and so underuse her. I mean it's just a crime to listen to these generic vocals.
For some reason, I had a hope, but it seems it just can't happen.
Thank you, I'm going to listen to Delain now.
----
the riddle wants to be...
10.02.2020 - 07:34
Written by JoHn Doe on 07.02.2020 at 15:58

Not bad. i wish it had a guitar solo though

Emppu doesn't do that anymore. Emppu forgot.
10.02.2020 - 09:05
moribun
The music video actually suits the song well: cringe.
10.02.2020 - 11:00
Written by Ellrohir on 08.02.2020 at 09:44

So Emppu turned into that blonde chick, or did I miss him in the video? The beaten up guy maybe?

I'm pretty sure he's the dude with the red phone, who got beaten up.
10.02.2020 - 11:19
BlackMetalDay
Not bad, makes me hope for an improvement over the last album.
10.02.2020 - 14:42
Zenzero
Zenzero
Great video, but they became boring...
Firing Anette they lost the opportunity to keep evolving their sound!
10.02.2020 - 21:07
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Zenzero on 10.02.2020 at 14:42

Firing Anette they lost the opportunity to keep evolving their sound!

yea, there was a big leap forward between Dark Passion Play and Imaginaerum was great and powerful album...but then EFMB, well...it has "Alpenglow", but the rest just flew through my ears without any deeper impression...this didn't get my attention back either
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.02.2020 - 11:56
Thyroid
I'm okay with this, but i think this song works even better in album context; when song before and after this gives some continuation to the story.

What i have read of the upcoming album, there are no hit songs, no "everdreams" or "amaranths" so I guess this was the most suited song for single release.

As an individual song its 7/10 from me. At least this is more metal than any single release since... Nemo? What comes to inspiration and musical ambition, too early to tell based on one song. Need to listen the whole album.

But whatever they do, people will complain anyway cause it's Nightwish. Doesn't really matter that Nightwish has more substance and variety in their music, than most of the really praised post-metal bands out there. They never get any criticism for being uninspired, even that we have seen million times that video; with majestic landscapes and scenery, and some lady doing modern dance moves on the beach. Add some humming and whispers, and black metal-ish riffs and there you go.

What comes to vocals, Floor is filling her spot here, but i look forward to songs with different tempos and maybe less words to sing. That leaves more room for soul and intepretation.
----
My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt.
What the fuck's really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?
13.02.2020 - 06:20
tiny dog ghosts
I think it's lazy dogshit. The verse is this weird three-note loop that is horribly timed and sounds like a sort of weird spoken-rap, the chorus is completely interchangable with almost any chorus from the last album. Having one single high note at the end of the chorus is not "using Floor's voice properly", she sounds phenomenal (check out her beste zangers 2019 performances) and has so much versatility and they have her singing this dodgy shit. I was a huge Nightwish fan back in the day (I'd put Oceanborn and Once as their best albums as they realized different things, although I understand for power metal fans Wishmaster is important too) but this is just lazy Nightwish-by-numbers. For a genius songwriter, Tuomas sure loves writing the same thing over and over. My hype for this album has completely disappated
14.02.2020 - 13:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
WTF was whiut this video, what they tried to achive, its higher art and expenice one, but seems band turns on where they left its like continue like last album ...same vibes, even song titles here sucks a lot
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.02.2020 - 17:20
FYA
Destroyer
Written by Metren on 08.02.2020 at 12:26

Indeed, she's hot.
16.02.2020 - 18:34
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by FYA on 16.02.2020 at 17:20

Written by Metren on 08.02.2020 at 12:26

Indeed, she's hot.

I think that would only be the hottest thing about the album.
16.02.2020 - 18:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Who is she, she is hotter as any of 3 band singers
----

apos;'
[image]
17.02.2020 - 14:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Drummer Kai Hahto wrote about N America tour this on his Facebook

Ok, we were planning a big tour in us and canada but unfortunately the other band stepped away from that tour and this what we have for you north america at the moment.
US & Canada live shows announced!

September 8 - CA 🇨🇦 - Toronto - Meridian Hall
September 11 - US 🇺🇸 - Los Angeles - The Hollywood Palladium
September 12 - US 🇺🇸 - Los Angeles - The Hollywood Palladium
September 15 - US 🇺🇸 - New York - Terminal Five

https://nightwish.com/news/north-american-tour-dates-announced?fbclid=IwAR2y_rRkZ_wHyjFEy7bIKd9ONWCMvTiIZL1IYJrUF9XhWu1ePwm70YZSDik
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2020 - 20:29
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by annodomini on 09.02.2020 at 10:11

And Floor... How can you have such a jewel in your band and so underuse her. I mean it's just a crime to listen to these generic vocals.

.... and this, ladies and gentlement, is truth and nothing but the truth.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.

Hits total: 5074 | This month: 5