Metal Storm logo
Wardruna - To Release Album In June, Details Unveiled

Wardruna are excited to announce that their new album Kvitravn (White Raven) is set for worldwide release on June 5th, 2020. The first song will be released on February 21st. You can now pre-order the album in various formats and bundles at this location.

About the album: Following an intensive period in the studio, 'Kvitravn' musically continues where the 'Runaljod' trilogy left off, yet it marks a distinct evolution in our sound. The album features a broad selection of both traditional and historical instruments such as Kravik-lyre, Trossingen-lyre, Taglharpa, Sotharpa, Langeleik, Crwth, Goat-horn, Lur, Bronze-lur, flute, Moraharpa and the record also features guest appearances by a small group of prominent traditional singers, spearheaded by Kirsten Bråten Berg, one of the most important custodians of Norwegian traditional song. Throughout eleven songs, 'Kvitravn' discusses Northern sorcery, spirit-animals, shadows, nature and animism, the wisdom and meanings of certain myths, various Norse spiritual concepts, and the relation between sage and songs.

Mainman Einar Selvik comments the album: "To recite and copy the past is not very difficult, but to understand and integrate ancient thoughts, tools and methods with real purpose into a creation that is relevant to the modern era is truly challenging and remains our prime goal in our work. Although the album carries a variant of my own totemic artist name, it has, in this context, little to do with me but rather refers to the symbolism and legends of sacred white animals found in Nordic and other cultures all over the world. These highly regarded ghostly creatures, whether a raven, snake, bear, moose, reindeer, elephant or lion - are in animist traditions seen as prophetic, divine messengers, and guardians representing renewal, purity and a bridge between worlds."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Wardruna
Posted: 07.02.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 39 users
07.02.2020 - 16:12
musclassia

They've gone from strength to strength on each of the Runaljod albums, hope they carry on in that direction with this one
08.02.2020 - 18:06
Czerny Reiter

A continuation of the trilogy is what I'm looking for. Skald was exceedingly arid and stripped-down to suit my taste.

Hits total: 1120 | This month: 9