10. Sisters Of The Dawn
11. In The Silence

Additional info
Mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren.
Artwork by Travis Smith.

Staff review by
nikarg
Rating:
The comeback phenomenon of bands inactive for decades that has been sweeping over metal music lately has not left the progressive genre untouched. Following the recent resurrection of prog legends Heir Apparent and Conception, 2020 signifies the grand return of Psychotic Waltz.

With their original line-up no less!

Read more ››
published 11.02.2020 | Comments (19)

Found in 34 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 30   Visited by: 617 users
10.02.2020 - 02:02
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Got some pals with their respective promos claiming this is the best return album ever.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
10.02.2020 - 02:35
nikarg

Written by Maco on 10.02.2020 at 02:02

Got some pals with their respective promos claiming this is the best return album ever.

One of the best for sure.
10.02.2020 - 12:27
gavdann

I don't have that luxury but based on the two advance tracks, I'm intrigued.
14.02.2020 - 02:42
Rating: 4
Rulatore

Feels like this is just slightly above average.

I cant see the the whole deal with this album, 70% of the album really following a formulaic approach with little variety, some cool solos but nothing really new here. The vocals are good in some tracks, thats it
14.02.2020 - 17:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Gonna judge album soon, I will get it, but I love what I hear here on this video , its amazing, but band never re write epic song as I remmeber. It bands best and whole prog metal best for ever

While The Spiders Spin (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.02.2020 - 16:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
An best prog album for a decade, you think good prog albums are made in 90's many bands are forgotten, only one 80's and 909's dinosaur survived its Fates warning , but the this is an awesome come back album, best prog album on a decade. I once told band never will write better song as ''I remember'' but here all song structures, guitar parts, vocal parts, all is work together as few men in their 18's write esential album what never dies. This album will get its fame much later, after some time we trooly will understand this one. MSA ... should be in, should win best prog album. Its great
----

apos;'
[image]
21.02.2020 - 22:29
Rating: 6
Redel

Wow, quite a disappointment for me.
And I already told myself not to expect too much from these come-backs-after-years.
Still....
Could not find much here that got my attention. Lower 6.
22.02.2020 - 16:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Redel on 21.02.2020 at 22:29

Wow, quite a disappointment for me.
And I already told myself not to expect too much from these come-backs-after-years.
Still....
Could not find much here that got my attention. Lower 6.

are you crazy, its awesome, best as many prog albums what riverside and such crap bands has wrote dream theatre, nothing in last decades, but this kills
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2020 - 23:39
Redel

Written by Bad English on 22.02.2020 at 16:57

are you crazy

Dont know, I might be. I couldnt help it but I found this one pretty lame over a large part.
Dont think I am going to spin it again in the near future. It is not that I have much better recent Prog at hand, that I agree with.
22.02.2020 - 23:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Redel on 22.02.2020 at 23:39

Written by Bad English on 22.02.2020 at 16:57

are you crazy

Dont know, I might be. I couldnt help it but I found this one pretty lame over a large part.
Dont think I am going to spin it again in the near future. It is not that I have much better recent Prog at hand, that I agree with.

I dislike prog ad riveside, dt and most ivors bands. Man who hates prog says that prog album is good, it is lol
----

apos;'
[image]
23.02.2020 - 00:06
Redel

Written by Bad English on 22.02.2020 at 23:40

I dislike prog ad riveside, dt and most ivors bands. Man who hates prog says that prog album is good, it is lol

Yeah, I am also not the prototype of a Prog fan. That probably doesnt help with the album at hand either.
But I did like some of their old stuff, especially Bleeding.
24.02.2020 - 11:57
Rating: 9
robpal
Proglord
Fantastic album, what a comeback.
The climate, hooks, vocals -- I can't get it out of my head.
02.03.2020 - 13:41
Metal Rasputin

One of those impossible comebacks I didn't see coming even in my dreams. Not just how surprising it is to see these guys again, but the quality of this record is just wow. This must be the best comeback since Van Der Graaf Generator and Godbluff back in the 1975.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
13.03.2020 - 23:54
Rulatore

After listening to this album another time, I think it's worse than I remember. Really repetitive copy paste stuff.
14.03.2020 - 00:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Rulatore on 13.03.2020 at 23:54

After listening to this album another time, I think it's worse than I remember. Really repetitive copy paste stuff.

Copy past what, exsmpels
----

apos;'
[image]
15.03.2020 - 01:08
JoHn Doe

A very impressive comeback
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
15.03.2020 - 05:00
Rulatore

Written by Bad English on 14.03.2020 at 00:00

Written by Rulatore on 13.03.2020 at 23:54

Copy past what, exsmpels

Seasons of the Swarm, back to black, demystified... all these with a repetitive structure that it's just copy pasted for most of the song. If werent for the lyrics, it would be like they just literally ctrl+c ctrl+v whole sections of the song. 1/3 of most of the songs are new stuff, then they just repeat those riffs/chorus 2 or more times, add a chorus, 1 different section from the copy pasted base of the song and thats it.
25.04.2020 - 08:34
Rating: 10
metalbrat

Listening to the band first time. When mentioned Prog Metal i was expecting something different . Here I really don't know whether all of their songs would fall under this genre, but still, this album is absolute classic. So f**k the genre. I loved what I heard and I am still spinning it.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
25.04.2020 - 10:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by metalbrat on 25.04.2020 at 08:34

Listening to the band first time. When mentioned Prog Metal i was expecting something different . Here I really don't know whether all of their songs would fall under this genre, but still, this album is absolute classic. So f**k the genre. I loved what I heard and I am still spinning it.

Genre sucks Because riverside and dt Killed it
----

apos;'
[image]
25.04.2020 - 11:14
metalbrat

Written by Bad English on 25.04.2020 at 10:57

Written by metalbrat on 25.04.2020 at 08:34

Genre sucks Because riverside and dt Killed it

You're right. Actually I don't listen to those new bands when they mention Riverside and DT in Similar band list.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
25.04.2020 - 11:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Neither do i, there are much better, from 90s from usa
----

apos;'
[image]
25.04.2020 - 11:18
metalbrat

But can you pls clarify, have we heard 'Sisters of the Dawn' earlier????. The tune seems to be nostalgic and I have heard it before.
----
25.04.2020 - 11:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by metalbrat on 25.04.2020 at 11:18

But can you pls clarify, have we heard 'Sisters of the Dawn' earlier????. The tune seems to be nostalgic and I have heard it before.

Ask nikarg maybe he knows
----

apos;'
[image]
25.04.2020 - 11:44
nikarg

The vocal lines on the verses are similar to Ozzy's "I Just Want You" who also took them from Paul McCartney's "Band On The Run" (from 1'20" until 02'05" in the video).
25.04.2020 - 11:52
nikarg

But the biggest rip-off Psychotic Waltz have ever made is the opening riff of "Another Prophet Song" which is exactly the same as Mindless Sinner's "Turn On The Power". Bands do that sort of stuff all the time, sometimes it is just coincidental or at least not deliberate.
25.04.2020 - 19:43
metalbrat

Written by nikarg on 25.04.2020 at 11:44

The vocal lines on the verses are similar to Ozzy's "I Just Want You" who also took them from Paul McCartney's "Band On The Run" (from 1'20" until 02'05" in the video).

Ohhh...Thank you so much. It was Ozzy's song which was there in my head and it was aching so much without knowing which one.:thumbup:
----
21.06.2020 - 21:11
Maco
Pvt Funderground
The more I listen to this album the more I love it. Learn a lesson from Psychotic Waltz, Green Carnation. This is how an amazing return album sounds.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
27.09.2020 - 06:53
Rating: 7
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
One of the few albums this year that took repeat listens to more thoroughly enjoy. The harmonies are excellent and the vocal delivery is somewhat evocative, although the lyrical content and forced rhyme schemes sometimes transition into awkward delivery territory, but it all managed to land differently the third time around -- whereas most albums tend to fall out of favor as I revisit them. Not a favorite by any stretch, but far more enjoyable than my initial impression.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.12.2021 - 09:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Psychotic Waltz postpones all tour activities from 2022 to 2023. Read the band's statement below:
"Given the uncertainties facing the touring climate right now, as well as the importance of individual choices of each of the band members and needing to be fully comfortable with travelling, playing live and the restrictions thereof, the band thinks it best to postpone dates until the global situation has calmed down. Touring is not the easiest for us to do in the first place. The potential loss of any dates on such a tour, whether due to last-minute restrictions or a mid-tour outbreak, would already have a significant financial and logistical impact that could not easily be worked around. The band are extremely disappointed to not be able to play in front of all of you again, but we look forward to coming back as soon as we can. Our last album The God-Shaped Void was released a month before the pandemic broke last year, and so we have been anxiously awaiting the chance to return to the stage. So we don’t make this decision lightly, but rest assured, we will return as soon as we can."
Yours,
Brian, Dan, Devon, Norm and Ward / Psychotic Waltz”

----

apos;'
[image]
27.05.2022 - 03:28
Samot

Awesome album !!!
----
Um, Dois, Três, Quatro! Yeah! PORRA!!!

Hits total: 7918 | This month: 18