Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian

Original post

Posted by Judas, 21.06.2007 - 14:35
Alright, since the old thread was locked because we posted to the limit, here's the new one!

To get us re-started, I think I'll wish Frederik a Happy 29th Birthday.

Also, have any of you bought the 'Another Stranger Me' single, and if so, do you recommend getting it? I usually don't get EPs and singles, but if they're good then I can make exceptions. I've already seen the video (which was weird, at least for Blind Guardian), but some of the songs are new. Also, any comments on their appearance at Hellfest would be much appreciated, from those fortunate enough to see them there.
23.12.2015 - 12:11
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Ellrohir on 22.12.2015 at 00:29

(i would only add: Curse My Name, Turn The Page, Another Holly War and Somewhere Far Beyond to have all my dreams fulfiled )

Yeah, the dreams are completed when you take away Fly, and you put Another Holly War, or Battlefield, or The Soulforged. The dreams are completed when you take away The Ninth Wave and you put The Holy Grail =)
By the way, nice that they played And Then There Was Silence
23.12.2015 - 13:04
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I was checking setlist.fm and saw they played it couple of times during North America part of the tour in November...but then I see gigs where they skipped it, so I was worried until Hansi announced that their (first) "last" song will be pretty long

and I think "The Ninth Wave" is kinda good opener thanks to its acoustic orchestral passage in the beginning - so the band can enter the stage with style

but maybe they should start with "Majesty" as well - just the crowd may demolish the venue before they start
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.12.2015 - 15:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
More new songs on set list less I want see band live, its now only touring band, they should stop playing music
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.09.2018 - 13:43
Aristarchos

Participate in the Blind Guardian game to vote for their best songs. Also an Iron Maiden game is running.
25.01.2020 - 11:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Frontman Hansi Kürsch of German power metal veterans BLIND GUARDIAN has revealed to France's Loud TV that his band is about to enter the studio to record its next album

----

apos;'
[image]
03.12.2020 - 17:00
LordXan

What do you think of the new song, Violent Shadow?
I believe they have regained power and aggression, but lost a lot of the magic of the past
13.09.2021 - 08:19
GreenDream

The more I listen to Violent Shadows the more it sounds like a song that comes off of Tales From The Twilight World, but darker, more serious. I don’t think I’ve ever felt like BG has “lost the magic of the past”, because in their constant change, they’re able to make new magic of the present, which may only to some feel like magic again in the future. In short, I love Violent Shadows, and thanks to this reminder will be listening to it a lot today.
27.09.2021 - 09:24
GreenDream

That’s interesting, I’ve never seen anyone mark Battalions to Twist as one sort of period, but it makes sense. Edge of Time was their first time integrating actual orchestras into the music and not just digital orchestral elements. Edge and Mirror, leading up to Twilight Orchestra, perhaps were developed with split attention between two projects, and maybe also a split approach. Not all songs on either Edge or Mirror are intregrated with orchestral elements, but the overall production style and techniques were still dictated by the need to fit an orchestra in the mix next to a metal band. I love both albums dearly but I feel their biggest challenge was trying to solve the new logistics of songwriting for a metal band and an orchestra, and how to produce that amount of sound.
I also loved all the orchestral stuff, since it has been present in some shape or form since the first album, but I’m glad they are taking a more direct approach with the new album.
12.01.2022 - 16:32
Vikcen
Metálico

17.03.2022 - 21:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
19.03.2022 - 23:11
GreenDream

So goooooood 😭😭😭
16.09.2022 - 19:33
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
The future is now. Love the idea.

----