Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian

Original post

Posted by Judas, 21.06.2007 - 14:35
Alright, since the old thread was locked because we posted to the limit, here's the new one!

To get us re-started, I think I'll wish Frederik a Happy 29th Birthday.

Also, have any of you bought the 'Another Stranger Me' single, and if so, do you recommend getting it? I usually don't get EPs and singles, but if they're good then I can make exceptions. I've already seen the video (which was weird, at least for Blind Guardian), but some of the songs are new. Also, any comments on their appearance at Hellfest would be much appreciated, from those fortunate enough to see them there.
06.05.2010 - 00:02
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Got Mayhem? on 05.05.2010 at 21:41

Their concerts must be epic beyond belief.

I wouldn't know. The one time they came to play here about three years ago they cancelled. Worst day of my life man.
----
The force will be with you, always.
06.05.2010 - 01:04
Got Mayhem?
Written by Clintagräm on 06.05.2010 at 00:02

Written by Got Mayhem? on 05.05.2010 at 21:41

Their concerts must be epic beyond belief.

I wouldn't know. The one time they came to play hear about three years ago they cancelled. Worst day of my life man.

Ouch, that's terrible. I have no idea what I would do if that would happen to me. Probably go insane or something...
----
06.05.2010 - 15:15
Angel Of Mercy
I would too, last show in the UK was bloodstock a couple of years ago. I didn't go cause I didn't know who they were!
----
Your time will come.
06.05.2010 - 21:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Blind Guardian cover song Valhalla
http://www.myspace.com/anticosm from USA detah/black metal band ANTICOSM I love it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.05.2010 - 21:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND80jhNeaAc&feature=related it's videos like these that remind me why i want to see BG live so bad and why i was such an idiot to pass that chance last year
06.05.2010 - 21:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 06.05.2010 at 21:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND80jhNeaAc&feature=related it's videos like these that remind me why i want to see BG live so bad and why i was such an idiot to pass that chance last year

I would love see band, if they play old songs,d epends of set list but Stockholm is to far n expencive for me but I saw concert in Milano IMO live it was soem 2004 something itv was awesome
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.05.2010 - 23:45
Angel Of Mercy
AWESOME, Bad English. That has made me want to see Blind Gaurdian!
----
Your time will come.
11.05.2010 - 20:25
BattleHamster
BG has a thirty second sample from "Voice in the Dark" on their site. It's great!
11.05.2010 - 21:52
Angel Of Mercy
Written by BattleHamster on 11.05.2010 at 20:25

BG has a thirty second sample from "Voice in the Dark" on their site. It's great!

Will have to check it out, thanks for letting me know!
----
Your time will come.
13.05.2010 - 18:04
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by BattleHamster on 11.05.2010 at 20:25

that was too short, but long enough to make me feel its something like second nightfall... awesome vocals, but the lead guitar part was too short! just 30 esc!
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
06.06.2010 - 00:05
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Yes, I just heard the sample! It's wonderful. Same high energy as Twist in the Myth but very much BG. 30 seconds was just enough, now I'm drooling (and pre-ordering )
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
11.06.2010 - 20:23
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Here's a link to an interview with Hansi.

For those of you lazy to read it all , pretty much all said about the album is summarized in these two paragraphs:

"Ok, let's focus now on a upcoming album "At the Edge of Time". Could you compare new album with previous records of Blind Guardian?

Yes, you could, but it's not so necessary to do so. I think that a new one has something from each album in every quality which has been delivered by Blind Guardian in the past as well as there are new elements and in the ranking for myself it will be in the same label as "Nightfall in Middle-earth' which I consider to be the best Blind Guardian album so far.

It is very epic and very orchestral album in general but it does have a sort of very thrashy edge as you can listen in a tracks: "A Voice in the Dark", "Tanelorn", "Into the Void" or even "Ride into Obsession" which has a very Power Metalish attitude. So, there's little bit of everything and I think that's the strength of the album. You can define it, but you don't need necessary to do so.

And when we speak about the lyrics written for "At the Edge of Time" it seems that they're going to be fantasy-based this time.

Yes, it's true. It's very fantasy based and we have stuff inspirited by Michael Moorcock, George Raymond Richard Martin, Peter Spigel and we do relate to stories of the Adder again. And there is also some historical stuff that I relate to John Milton (9 December 1608 - 8 November 1674; was an English poet, author, polemicist, Puritan and civil servant for the Commonwealth of England.

He is best known for his epic poem" Paradise Lost") and his political sort of speech called "The Tenure of Kings and Magistrates"-that will be the track "Curse my Name". And I did another one inspired by Milton and that will be "Control the Divine". That one is about Paradise Lost and it's telling something about the downfall of Lucifer and the way he tries to motivate the other angels to follow him and the way he justifying his deeds and ideas. He is standings for his motives and there's a certain logic of what he is doing and I just tried to feature that little stronger.

And, there's a stuff inspired by Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time", it a big issue, and I dedicated two songs to this epic story. There's "Ride into Obsession" which can be seen as an introduction to the main characters will be the Dragon Reborn and the Dark Lord Ba'alzamon. It's gigantic story and once you get in it's a very impressive tale. And the characters are really strong: the Dragon Reborn and the Dark Lord - they're not rip-offs. They're really true characters and I enjoy that while I reading that. "Wheel of Time" which is my favorite track from the album does have a very oriental feeling. We have for the first time recorded with the orchestra. This one is about "Wheel of Time" but mainly about the true source of power which controls all male who have that power so there's no chance for a male to become the master of this true source.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
11.06.2010 - 21:11
Got Mayhem?
Anything up to par with NiME is a smash hit in my book. Talk about getting peoples hopes up....
----
13.06.2010 - 22:24
BattleHamster
Hey, a song based on "A Song of Ice and Fire!" Awesome.

I can't wait until this album comes out--or at least until we find out when it comes out.
15.06.2010 - 22:18
Got Mayhem?
Written by BattleHamster on 13.06.2010 at 22:24

Hey, a song based on "A Song of Ice and Fire!" Awesome.

I can't wait until this album comes out--or at least until we find out when it comes out.

http://www.blind-guardian.com/discography.php3?cat=1&album_id=24

European release date: July 30, 2010
North American release date: August 24, 2010
----
16.06.2010 - 17:51
BattleHamster
Hey, thanks! I can start counting down the days--though I think I'll order it online; it's probably quicker than waiting for it to come out in the US.
26.07.2010 - 17:27
Got Mayhem?
Three Full length songs are up on the band's News page.
----
26.07.2010 - 19:04
ForeverDarkWoods
I'll most likely be at their show in Stockholm in October. I'm mostly there for Enforcer, but anyway, what can I expect from Blind Quardian? Will there be any old speed metal or just Nightfall and onward (also known as crap)?
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
27.07.2010 - 03:15
Angel Of Mercy
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 26.07.2010 at 19:04

I'll most likely be at their show in Stockholm in October. I'm mostly there for Enforcer, but anyway, what can I expect from Blind Quardian? Will there be any old speed metal or just Nightfall and onward (also known as crap)?

why do you think anything after Nightfall is crap?
----
Your time will come.
27.07.2010 - 11:51
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Angel Of Mercy on 27.07.2010 at 03:15

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 26.07.2010 at 19:04

why do you think anything after Nightfall is crap?

I really love their old speed metal albums, but when they turned into a shitty euro power band it became too much for me. Cheesiness and bad riffing won't take you where you want to go.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
27.07.2010 - 22:42
BattleHamster
What? Blasphemy!

No, I'm kidding. I just like their new stuff way better than their old. Have you heard "A Voice in the Dark" yet. It's the single from the new album, but it's more old-style, so you might like it.
27.07.2010 - 23:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 27.07.2010 at 11:51
I really love their old speed metal albums, but when they turned into a shitty euro power band it became too much for me. Cheesiness and bad riffing won't take you where you want to go.

I love their old and new stuff. Their later stuff is not cheesy though, nor is the riffing bad. But I guess if you hate that type of metal anyways, it hardly matters what the riffs are like.
28.07.2010 - 01:05
Edmund Fogg
Here is a small song by song to see what we cfan expect from the new album

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_the_Edge_of_Time

and @ForeverDarkWoods: The force of BG is that they never dive in the Power cliches.And the riffs,well they are far from being bad.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
28.07.2010 - 11:09
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
The three new songs they've posted on their website is very promising. They seem to be a return to a more speed metal sound.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
28.07.2010 - 20:04
Got Mayhem?
The album has leaked on some blogspots, though it's just crappy 128kbps from what I've seen. Anyone that downloads this version would essentially be slapping the band in the face twice.
----
28.07.2010 - 23:03
Galar
Wicked Mung
New album was worth the wait. Wow
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
29.07.2010 - 00:47
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.07.2010 at 23:54

I love their old and new stuff. Their later stuff is not cheesy though, nor is the riffing bad. But I guess if you hate that type of metal anyways, it hardly matters what the riffs are like.

What? I hate power metal? No fucking way! Helloween is one of my favourite bands and I fucking grew up on Hammerfall! ALL that fucking matters is what the riffs are like!
----
30.07.2010 - 14:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Got Mayhem? on 28.07.2010 at 20:04

The album has leaked on some blogspots, though it's just crappy 128kbps from what I've seen. Anyone that downloads this version would essentially be slapping the band in the face twice.

with my sound system would 128kbps be more than sufficient...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

31.07.2010 - 07:46
Judas
The Amputator
So I believe I may have been one of the first to hear the new album thanks to Australia being ahead of everyone except NZ in terms of time zone. For those who haven't heard it yet: GET EXCITED!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
10.09.2010 - 12:54
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Interview with Hansi about "At The Edge Of Time"

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=59673
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep