Metal Storm logo
Alabama Thunderpussy

21.06.2007 - 22:26
UnholyMenace
Psycho
I have to admit that before their latest album was released, the band was pretty unknown to me. Does anyone listen to this stuff and what do you think about Open Fire? I think that their new album is like a step ahead - the sound has changed from Fulton Hill and I have to admit that for the better. Kyle Thomas has very distinctive and interesting voice which is definitely one reason why I started to like them.
21.06.2007 - 23:11
Ernis
狼獾
I like the name of the band, first of all....and the music seems merry too....I may try to search their music in nearer future....what style do you think they fit in the most?
22.06.2007 - 01:03
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Probably southern metal, but I think their earlier releases were more into stoner metal - smarter people may correct me if needed.
25.06.2007 - 17:18
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
An awesome band! A very talented one as well. I really like the albums Rise Again and Constellation - some very memorable riffs on those. The next two were pretty damn good as well. Haven't heard Open Fire yet, but I will try and get that on my hands as soon as possible.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
20.12.2007 - 20:24
destroyah
supercharger
"Open Fire" is a huge step towards heavy metal and frankly the album was a disappointment.

Can't say which is my favourite but I guess I've listened to "Staring at the Divine" the most. But the old ATP is definately better. More groovy.
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
22.08.2008 - 02:22
Iceland_Norway

hey run to vote Alabama Thunderpussy at www.swedenrock.com.
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
06.09.2008 - 22:53
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I own their "Staring At The Divine" album, it's one of the best Stoner albums I've ever heard

07.09.2008 - 04:26
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
I like the few things I've heard from this band-- excellent grooves and very fun to listen to. "The Cleansing" is a personal fave.

As for their new stuff-- I'm not totally sure yet-- haven't heard much of it, I'll have to get back to you on that...
07.12.2008 - 12:26
benvolent

When I listened into that band - that was some time ago, and probably the older stuff - I found, that they pretty much sound like a Kyuss-revival in the additional time, and I didn't find something special about it.

I'll give it another try!
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
28.12.2008 - 02:58
Gigginova
Account deleted
It seems that everything after "Staring At The Divine" wasn't worthwhile though
30.06.2009 - 14:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Motor Ready has such a fucking sick riff

Link
30.06.2009 - 22:43
Galar
Wicked Mung
Saw this guys in I think the year 2007 with Obituary at some obscure venu in Western MA. Pretty good band, I wonder if they will stay disbanded forever.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
01.07.2009 - 13:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Galar on 30.06.2009 at 22:43

Saw this guys in I think the year 2007 with Obituary at some obscure venu in Western MA. Pretty good band, I wonder if they will stay disbanded forever.

Disbanded? I am pretty sure they are still active.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.07.2009 - 14:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah MS posted that they broke up here.
01.07.2009 - 14:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Dangerboner on 01.07.2009 at 14:08

Nah, MS posted that they broke up here.

Thanks, somehow I must have missed that about 9 months ago

I checked MA and there it also said they had split up but then again I don't trust MA when it comes to the stauts of a band.

ATP splitting up is of course not too surprising seeing that Exhorder have reformed.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996