Metal Storm logo
Amaranthe - Unleash New Video, Featuring Angela Gossow

Swedes Amaranthe, who are just finishing their European arena tour with Sabaton and Apocalyptica, present a brand new song "Do Or Die", featuring Angela Gossow (ex-Arch Enemy). The new song comes with a music video filmed in Spain and directed by Marcus Overbeck (Overbeck Media/ Filmefahrer Pictures).

Angela Gossow about the collaboration : "It was thrilling to join Amaranthe for a more extreme track and shooting a cutting edge video for it! This is no cozy studio performance, but real ice cold winds, sewages, cadavers and pouring rain - the reality we live in, the devastating legacy we leave to our future generations. Time to wake up, turn - and bang - some heads! Watch out for these guys and killer lady, they are going to crush you this year with a new album and some heavy touring!"

Guitarist Olof Mörck states: "While Amaranthe's music is often uplifting, energetic and positive, sooner or later everyone needs to the deal with the obvious fact that the world is literally crumbling around us - and it is crumbling fast, thanks to the short sighted abuse of our common Mother Earth. We talked to legendary Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy fame to do an entire package of a video and a song, outside of any normal album cycle, and let our different perspectives on metal collide in a massive explosion; and it resulted in "Do Or Die"! Together with Overbeck Media who shot the video, we delivered something really quite special, and Angela brings in a fresh strength to the trademark Amaranthe sound that is sure to resound all across the metal world! Death and Fire!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amaranthe
Posted: 16.02.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 95 users
16.02.2020 - 14:47
Arrwyn

All the filters in the world cannot make Angela's growls powerful these days.
16.02.2020 - 15:38
Arrwyn

You kidding? You can barely hear her throughout the song. I get she's using mostly low growls but, yikes. Also, you cannot unhear all the filters that are layered on. I dunno, I think this is a miss =/
16.02.2020 - 15:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 16.02.2020 at 15:33

Written by Arrwyn on 16.02.2020 at 14:47

All the filters in the world cannot make Angela's growls powerful these days.

I thought she sounded pretty good. Better than back of a spoon woman anyway.

Yes she does and this music well its not her style so thats why she sounds a bit weird
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.02.2020 - 19:31
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Wow, about time Amaranthe did something good! I thought Angela sounded pretty good but she definitely gets lost in the mix a little, which isn't too uncommon for guest vocalists, unfortunately. I did like the song though, i'm not sure i've ever said that for this band before...
16.02.2020 - 20:17
IBlackened

Written by Irritable Ted on 16.02.2020 at 13:14

Amaranth next tour to be carbon neutral. All equipment to be transported by methane free donkeys. Full acoustic set list. No lighting or pyro. No amps or anything causing carbon production. Proud of this band for making a stand against the polluting energy producers.

They might as well disband to make a stand against crap music.
----
Their old stuff is better.
17.02.2020 - 05:47
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Give me a break. Coming from Angela - the embodiment of corruption and greed.

As for the song - sounds like one of their b-sides.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal

Hits total: 2682 | This month: 3