05. The Mansion [feat. Elize Ryd]
06. By The Blues
07. Anybody Out There
08. She Dragoon
09. Feather Moves [remastered version] [bonus]

Staff review by
RaduP
Rating:
A reviewer a while ago wondered about a word meaning "very glad this exists but also a bit disappointed". I do share the sentiment, but I still feel more glad than disappointed.

Read more ››
published 12.04.2020 | Comments (6)

Found in 20 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 28   Visited by: 457 users
20.02.2020 - 11:13
Rating: 9
JoHn Doe

Good news, looking forward to this
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
20.02.2020 - 13:15
Rating: 7
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Hype hype hype
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
20.02.2020 - 15:51
Rating: 10
Metal Rasputin

YEAASSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!11111111

I just hope they'd also re-release the previous albums now that they're coming back for good. The band deserves more love and recognition.

I am a fanboy.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
05.03.2020 - 14:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Audio samples of all the songs that are set to appear on "State Of Deception", the new album from reactivated Norwegian progressive metallers CONCEPTION, who feature in their ranks former KAMELOT singer Roy Khan, are available in the YouTube clip below.

----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.03.2020 - 06:27
Rating: 10
Tatsella
Fangirl

Lyric video for new single!
07.03.2020 - 13:25
Hughes

Really like the song they posted! Waywardly Broken , hope the rest is also awesome!
02.04.2020 - 17:59
Rating: 8
Rulatore

I'm almost halfway through this, much better than their last EP.

Also, miles better than the one Psychotic Waltz released
02.04.2020 - 18:37
JoHn Doe

It's so funny (and wrong ) saying Conception featuring former Kamelot singer. Before he was in Kamelot, Roy was in Conception, so...
My internet sucks, I can't use emoticons right now.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
02.04.2020 - 19:02
nikarg

Written by JoHn Doe on 02.04.2020 at 18:37

It's so funny (and wrong ) saying Conception featuring former Kamelot singer. Before he was in Kamelot, Roy was in Conception, so...

Where did you see that?
02.04.2020 - 19:07
JoHn Doe

Written by nikarg on 02.04.2020 at 19:02

Written by JoHn Doe on 02.04.2020 at 18:37

Where did you see that?

All Conception news I read, since they came back says that. I know Roy has star power and is more famous as the vocalist in Kamelot, a band more famous than Conception I guess.
----
02.04.2020 - 19:13
nikarg

Written by JoHn Doe on 02.04.2020 at 19:07

All Conception news I read, since they came back says that. I know Roy has star power and is more famous as the vocalist in Kamelot, a band more famous than Conception I guess.

To be honest I haven't seen it (and we definitely never had a news piece written like that here). But if this is the case, of course it's wrong and ridiculous.
02.04.2020 - 19:19
JoHn Doe

Written by nikarg on 02.04.2020 at 19:13

Written by JoHn Doe on 02.04.2020 at 19:07

To be honest I haven't seen it (and we definitely never had a news piece written like that here). But if this is the case, of course it's wrong and ridiculous.

also, just look at K7/BE's post above, I wonder where he copy-pasted that from...
----
02.04.2020 - 19:31
nikarg

Written by JoHn Doe on 02.04.2020 at 19:19

also, just look at K7/BE's post above, I wonder where he copy-pasted that from...

Oops, I hadn't noticed that post at all. This must be Blabbermouth, I am 99% sure. It's as if Dark Angel reunited and had news saying that the band features Testament drummer Gene Hoglan. Fucking ridiculous.
05.04.2020 - 15:16
Rating: 6
Clushje

It's great to hear Roy Khan again, he hasn't lost a touch of what made him so nice to listen to in Kamelot. Not too impressed with the songwriting however, most of the tracks felt a bit subdued and without purpose. If they held onto whatever magic they found in the last minute of "She Dragoon" and put those kind of moments elsewhere, I think this could have been a decent album, but as it stands it's forgettable tbh. "Waywardly Broken" and "By the Blues" are probably the next best tracks on the merit of having some character to them.
05.04.2020 - 15:38
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
That was slightly underwhelming, but miles better than a Kamelot reunion with Roy would've been. Still great to hear them together regardless.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
06.04.2020 - 05:37
Aries Rising

It's great to hear Roy Khan again but the songs aren't the best, with She Dragoon being the standout track. This album is a 6, maybe a 7 at best.
07.04.2020 - 00:09
mikeprado30

Not mi piece of cake sadly
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
07.04.2020 - 01:44
nikarg

I really like "Waywardly Broken", "The Mansion", "She Dragoon", and "Feather Moves". I am very pleased that they included the latter, since it was my favourite out of the songs they released in 2018 and I couldn't understand why they didn't put it in the EP.

I am not sure what to make of the album yet, I have listened to it a few times, I like it but haven't decided how much. Every time I listen to it though I become more convinced that if there is a heaven, and if heaven has music, then Roy is definitely singing over it.
07.04.2020 - 10:53
The Melting Snow

It's better than Kamelot's last 3 albums combined. and that's good enough for me :p
07.04.2020 - 14:10
JoHn Doe

Very impressed upon first listen, definitely needs more listens and i want to to listen. Glad to see these guys back.
----
10.04.2020 - 11:48
Rating: 8
Kais

"She Dragoon" should be on every fan's go-to Conception list. The rest of the album is decent and enjoyable.
13.04.2020 - 22:25
Tom Muller

Good. fine. ok.
But nothing more
----
Can you see it
13.04.2020 - 22:29
JoHn Doe

Gave this another listen today, glad these guys are back, love the album.
----
22.04.2020 - 03:32
Aries Rising

Album has grown on me a bit, solid seven, still digesting it though.
28.05.2020 - 18:47
metalbrat

Not ready to do a comparison with Kamelot as I find this one belongs to another style except for the vocal parts. Found no interest for a re-listen after a couple of spins.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
25.06.2020 - 23:49
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Much, much better than Dark Symphony. Feels like I'm listening to Conception again! Unfortunately though, the album is a bit hit or miss and way too short. 'Of Raven and Pigs' is real weird and an odd opener. I find myself just skipping right to the third track, 'Waywardly Broken', which is a great track. The next two are good, but not exactly the most noteworthy songs. 'By The Blues' I really enjoy; It's bluesy (obviously) and its got a bit of speed to it that's adds some needed energy to the album. It's followed up by a slower track which kinda sucks that energy right back out of it again. Luckily, 'She Dragoon' revives the album and its truly one of the better tracks Conception has done since they came back! I love the inclusion of 'Feather Moves' here as well. its a great closing track and without it this album would be borderline EP length.

My biggest gripe is just how short this album is. It's about 33 minutes of new music (not counting the bonus Feather Moves). By contrast, their EP was just shy of 27 minutes long. It very much feels like they planned for it to be another EP but someone said, "nah, screw it, throw Feather on their, claim we remastered it, and we can charge full-length prices!."

Highlights: Waywardly Broken, By The Blues, She Dragoon, Feather Moves
07.11.2020 - 11:14
Reaper_Redeemer

As a fan of Roy Khan I was quite hyped for this one, although it almost disappointed me. I found interest only for "Of Raven And Pigs", "She Dragoon" and of course loved Khan's voice in " Feather Moves " the best album's track. I just want better music from them, not a matter of performance or originality or production, just better compositions...
03.10.2023 - 05:16
majormalfunction

Of Raven and Pigs is a weird opening song and overall a quite misplaced song and The Mansion feels like a obligatory ballad that has no other purpose outside of that. The rest however is really enjoyable.. especially By The Blues and Waywardly Broken. It's somewhere between a 7-8.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands

Hits total: 6603 | This month: 11