Metal Storm logo
Vintersorg vs Borknagar

Poll

Which one of these bands do you think is better?

Borknagar
Vintersorg

Total votes: 34
22.06.2007 - 15:57
Infurnace

I'm really getting into Vintersorg and Borknagar lately. I've never really listened to both bands before, but now I'm simply addicted to the "Solens Rötter" cd by Vintersorg. I know Andreas Hedlund plays in both bands, but which band do you think is better? My vote goes to Vintersorg, because the new Sölens Rötter cd is simply amazing, and the older stuff as well.
22.06.2007 - 16:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I vote for Borknogar even i love bouth band sbut I prefere early Vintersorg evem musicaly leither are good to but lyrisc sint like so good, but somehow I love Borknogar better
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.06.2007 - 20:00
Bitch Boy

I voted Borknagar too. I think their sound is more complete, and even Vintersorg (musician) sounds better with Borknagar.
22.06.2007 - 21:02
Ellie
Account deleted
I chose Borknagar simply because I have heard more of their music. I love Vintersorg but most of their songs are in Swedish and so I inherently cannot understand them. I really enjoy Borknagar's lyrics and their use of keyboards. Empricism or their self titled album are probably my most favourite albums of theirs and I just think the power on them is amazing. The only aspect of this band that I might not always like is their use of clean vocals..sometimes it's a little too bad metalcore sounding for me. But still..Borknagar wins for me just by what they have done for me..I love Vintersorg though..both are great bands.
23.06.2007 - 07:48
Eternal Flames

Vintersorg for me. They are one of my favourite bands, although Borknagar are almost just as great. Andreas Hedlund is a very talented musician and it's obvious from these two bands. Although Vintersorg have been very consistent with all their releases. From "Till Fjalls" to "Solens Rötter", all their albums have been brilliant, particularly "Cosmic Genesis". That album remains one of my all time favourites. With Borknagar, they've got some great work but their albums haven't been as consistent and generally I find myself enjoying Vintersorg a lot more.
24.06.2007 - 21:01
APOHAKC
The Bard
Vintersorg for me. I don't like Borknagar much except Origin album but I love almost all vintersorg's songs. From Vintersorg's bands I would choose Havayoth, probably his best band
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.06.2007 - 22:35
graywolf87
Account deleted
Borknagar has more black metal roots...their second and third album are two of the greatest melodic black metal albums for me...I prefer vortex's voice over vintersong...don't know how they sound live tho.
27.06.2007 - 19:34
Infurnace

Written by Guest on 26.06.2007 at 22:35

Borknagar has more black metal roots...their second and third album are two of the greatest melodic black metal albums for me...I prefer vortex's voice over vintersong...don't know how they sound live tho.

Hmm.. yes, I agree, Borknagar has released some real classic albums back in the days. Now they sound a little more progressive, but hey, that's okay. Vortex has got a very pleasant voice to listen to, but I also think that Vintersorg is a really good vocalist. He is good at both clean and Death/Black vocals.
28.07.2007 - 02:59
NaturensGalleri
Account deleted
I voted for Vintersorg coz of a simple reason..no day passes without at least one Vintersorg album..I simply love all the albums..especially Solens Rötter..pure addicition Borknagar is great too, but Vintersorg definitely wins this one by far
28.07.2007 - 09:20
Damned-In-Black

I havn't managed to get into Solens Rötter... So far I consider it their weakest but perhaps it'll sink in for me eventually and I'll like it. I love all of their other albums. Particularly Cosmic Genesis and Till Fjälls. These are better than anything Borknagar have done, for me.
I do like Borknagar very much too, though.
Anyway, vote goes with Vintersorg
28.07.2007 - 22:44
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Borknagar all the way for me. Their blending of sounds is very tight and not too over the top. Also, their album composition is more solid.
----
(space for rent)
13.10.2007 - 02:03
Mustis
Account deleted
i love vintersorg, its really weird their music, but i love like them a lot, borknagar i almost the same thing. They are awesome
29.03.2009 - 05:06
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Bitch Boy on 22.06.2007 at 20:00

I voted Borknagar too. I think their sound is more complete, and even Vintersorg (musician) sounds better with Borknagar.

That's what i think too.
Vintersorg is an exellent band, but Borknagar has this... how can i say? Its a different atmosphere, as much as Vintersorg metaphysical lyrics and heavy/mystical sound awakes my admiration, Borknagar is simply better in all these same aspects. Garm and ICS participations are as good (sometimes better) than Vintersorg's.. the Borknagar's ''Epic'' is better than any Vintersorg other works.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
29.03.2009 - 13:27
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I also voted for Borknagar, although I like both bands
19.02.2010 - 23:48
Sick Girl

Vintersorg will always be dear to my heart, even the clean vocals are beautiful. And the lyrics are compelling.<33
14.08.2010 - 16:24
hanfsud
Sheeeit my dude!
I prefer Borknagar because after Vintersorg made Cosmic Genesis he has reached the highest level and the following Albums were not so good, but i love all Borknagar Albums. So my vote goes to Borknagar.
30.08.2010 - 08:32
agator

Is very Hard but Bornagark for my is little better!! For the musicians and For history of member....still that Vintersorg is Rules!!!
----
Where the love is tragedy
29.06.2011 - 00:26
Damshak

Bornagark