Metal Storm logo
Æther Realm - Announce New Album, Share First Song

The four-piece from North Carolina Æther Realm are ready to unleash their newest full-length, Redneck Vikings From Hell, on May 1st, 2020. They have also revealed a brand new music video (directed by Jaraad Nageer) for the first album's single, "Goodbye".

Frontman Vincent "Jake" Jones says about the track: "It's hard to leave people we care about. But something hasn't felt right for a while. We dance around it and put it off as long as we can; "...but maybe this time we can change... but maybe this time we'll make it work..." Sometimes you just know it's time to say Goodbye."

On Redneck Vikings From Hell: "We really didn't want to make Tarot two with this album, not because we don't like it or anything but because we've already done that. So, when I found myself with this chorus for the title track, I just couldn't get it out of my head. We intentionally kept the songs short and dense, and allowed ourselves enough variety between topics to explore that space between how we present ourselves and who we actually are. We're four North Carolina boys - we like epic, bombastic metal, and the only thing to stop us from combining these elements of ourselves musically is our own attachment to the conventions of the genre."

Redneck Vikings From Hell tracklist:

01. Redneck Vikings From Hell
02. Goodbye
03. Lean Into The Wind
04. Hunger
05. Guardian
06. One Hollow Word
07. She's Back
08. Slave To The Riff
09. Cycle
10. TMHC
11. Craft And The Creator

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Æther Realm
Posted: 22.02.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 46 users
22.02.2020 - 14:45
HyperDrifter

More like "Goodbye" to their folk metal sound I guess. Yet another decent band abandoning their previous sound for something more commercial...
I know it's just one song but it doesn't spark any hope.
23.02.2020 - 12:02
xylorian bihaust

Man, I feel you're right. I only hope that this song is like a hook or something to catch people's atention, more than their new sound
24.02.2020 - 21:55
Tloon

It seems they're diverging a lot from Tarot, but I'm still thrilled to see what they've put together.

Hits total: 1397 | This month: 3