Label: Nightmare Records

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 175 users
23.02.2020 - 15:50
Rating: 9
MetalManic

All covers? Bold approach to a new release.
07.04.2020 - 10:51
JoHn Doe

I did not know two artists here and looked them up, but I'm intrigued, i'll definitely listen to this when it comes out.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
28.04.2020 - 15:01
JoHn Doe

After a first listen I am very impressed, close to an all killer no filler album, but the Mike Oldfield cover does nothing for me, I also think the (original) song was not great in the first place.

All songs get the Anubis Gate treatment, not simple rendition of the original songs. The covers sound quite unique I dare say, quite a few surprises, I did not expect to love this so much.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
30.04.2020 - 17:49
MetalManic

Written by JoHn Doe on 28.04.2020 at 15:01

I did not expect to love this so much.

Absolutely. Initially I was (most likely distracted) underwhelmed. Now, I'm all in. It's great. They really make these classic songs their own while, at the same time, respecting the originals.
30.04.2020 - 21:18
Rating: 8
Metal Rasputin

I was sceptical at first, but Covered In Colours is actually really good cover album. Not only are the performances top notch, but the songs are very wisely chosen lesser known high quality stuff you wouldn't necessarily start comparing to the originals in your mind while listening. They even added lots of their own personality into the mix instead of just performing someone else's music note to note.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
06.05.2020 - 16:40
MetalManic

Oh man, is 'To France' ever mega reminiscence of the exact sound of what we know and love about Amorphis. So good.
03.11.2020 - 20:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Old albums was good, but this is well, when you lost inspirations and half changed original music, I did not like it so much, I know all original ones, but Only ozzy and Ac/Dc I like moust, but here recording was bad, I did not like it, disappointment to me.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.07.2023 - 03:20
Dream Taster
The Enemy Within
Just discovering this album three years later, it's pretty sweet. That Pink Floyd inspired version of AC/DC's Back In Black is gold, among others.

Hits total: 3092 | This month: 11