Metal Storm logo
Orphaned Land

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 28.05.2006 - 11:07
I'm amazed that anybody has created a topic for that awesome band coming from Israel.

They began their career with the album 'Sahara'

Then two years later released another album called El Norra Allila

Then a big blank ... 7 years of questions then finally hard work paid out and they released their masterpiece IMO called Mabool

They play some sort of Prog/death/folk which is a blessing for the ears... I'm especially a big fan of their last album which is for me one of the best albums of these past ten years... They may have waited long to release but man that was worth it... Well I won't extend too long let's see what you think about them too
15.07.2007 - 18:26
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Guest on 24.09.2006 at 20:46

I saw them live for about 2 months ago and they kicked ass. They were as powerful as on CD. Really, they are marvellous live. Check them out if you can, any of you!

I totally agree, their shows are great, powerful, technical, and also quite fun and communicative. Especially when the fans sing along on Norra el Norra !
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
17.07.2007 - 17:00
Inlé
I'd love to see them live!

An awesome band. And kind of overlooked really. Mabool is amazing, the last 3 tracks on there are literally one of the best 15 minutes of music you'll ever hear. As someone touched on earlier, I also wish more bands used the eastern influence with metal, it's a very good mix.
17.07.2007 - 18:49
#~|CoP|~#
Account deleted
Written by Inlé on 17.07.2007 at 17:00

I'd love to see them live!

An awesome band. And kind of overlooked really. Mabool is amazing, the last 3 tracks on there are literally one of the best 15 minutes of music you'll ever hear. As someone touched on earlier, I also wish more bands used the eastern influence with metal, it's a very good mix.

The Problem is that They don't appear that often in Europe. Twice i tried to see them in Paris but Twice they cancelled the show 4 days before coming... I really hope to see them one day cause apparently they really are awesome and bring you a great feeling... Maybe on their next album they will come and give us some of their awesome music. Steven Wilson is gonna motivate them to come in Paris !
21.07.2007 - 02:32
Daru Jericho
Written by Sunioj on 12.07.2007 at 15:23

Written by Daru Jericho on 15.06.2006 at 17:48

They've got skill., esepcially Avi Diamond the drummer ~ he's brilliant. However, the vocals considerably deter me from this band.

I heard that...actually Avi Diamond gives one of my friends private drumming lessons, and from what I hear he is very skilled not just in the area of metal and oriental styled drumming but is a very seasoned musician in jazz etc.

Your friend is truly lucky then. It doesn't surprise me that he's into his jazz drumming (very technical type of drumming as you know). His style really isn't conventional metal at all so it's not surprising he's into other styles.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

29.08.2007 - 02:37
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I bought Mabool on record a few months back. It sounds so much better than the CD.
----
(space for rent)
29.08.2007 - 07:28
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
It was great seeing them live at Wacken 06', unfortunatly they were right before Gamma Ray so i could only see the first 3 songs, but they played Ocean Land which was my favourite song by them. Mabool is a masterpiece album, i have El Norra Alila too, its good too.
12.01.2008 - 14:40
baldur
orphaned land are confirmed for summer breeze 2008... damn one more festival i have to join
15.05.2008 - 00:18
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Orphaned Land are indeed an amazing band with a special characteristic sound. Can't wait till their next album is released. And Mabool is just a masterpiece.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
13.09.2009 - 01:41
RyanH
Ocean Land!

"All that was magical, beautiful,
will be gone"

Good Song
14.09.2009 - 00:48
Zuzuz0r
Aren't there any news about new album?, there's only a teaser on their website with some music, I guess is from the album, damn, I want it now.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
17.10.2009 - 01:03
emtay
Solid band. Anyone know any other good oriental folk metal groups?
19.10.2009 - 22:57
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by emtay on 17.10.2009 at 01:03

Solid band. Anyone know any other good oriental folk metal groups?

Amaseffer aren't bad.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
27.11.2009 - 17:53
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
New promo foto

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.11.2009 - 19:27
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Ellrohir on 27.11.2009 at 17:53

New promo foto

Yes I found it on their website last week.. It's an interesting photo.. Two Jewish, two Muslims and I think Kobi and the woman beside him are Jesus and Mary Magdalene (correct?).. They have every major religions' side. Though it was better to have a non-theist character too..!
27.11.2009 - 19:34
Ragana
Rawrcat
That's exactly what I thought of when saw this photo except that Mary doesn't look like Mary. I think that might be the devil.
28.11.2009 - 03:26
Richard
Elite
Written by Ragana on 27.11.2009 at 19:34

That's exactly what I thought of when saw this photo except that Mary doesn't look like Mary. I think that might be the devil.

The woman is the Devil - well, that makes sense!
----
28.11.2009 - 20:21
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Look their ORwarriOR trailer out, it seems pretty cool! Can't wait ^^
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
25.01.2010 - 07:30
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Considering the hype and how long the album's been leaked, i would have thought loads of ppl would be flooding this thread lol Guess not... Anyway, I am a total stranger to the band, just checked them out because a lot of staff seems to be looking forward to this album (in the "What A Year It Was - 2009 Through The Eyes Of The MS Staff/Elite" article). I must say I am disappointed. Firstly, I don't think the album sounds extremely original or mind blowing. Secondly, it's too long. It certainly has it's good moments or even tracks, such as "Codeword: Uprising" and "Disciples Of The Sacred Oath II", but the good moments are spread out too far and few for me to pick out in this 1.3 hour CD...
----
loves 小巫
25.01.2010 - 10:08
Mikyz
Written by Ag Fox on 25.01.2010 at 07:30

Considering the hype and how long the album's been leaked, i would have thought loads of ppl would be flooding this thread lol Guess not... Anyway, I am a total stranger to the band, just checked them out because a lot of staff seems to be looking forward to this album (in the "What A Year It Was - 2009 Through The Eyes Of The MS Staff/Elite" article). I must say I am disappointed. Firstly, I don't think the album sounds extremely original or mind blowing. Secondly, it's too long. It certainly has it's good moments or even tracks, such as "Codeword: Uprising" and "Disciples Of The Sacred Oath II", but the good moments are spread out too far and few for me to pick out in this 1.3 hour CD...

Agreed, it's not nearly as good as Mabool, I feel they were trying too much to come up with a monster album as orginal as Mabool, the album still has its moments but overall it was somewhat disappointing for me, mainly because we waited 6 years for it and the result is at most normal, though I give them credit for singing in 3 different languages. I'll try to listen to it some more, see if i'll change my mind.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
25.01.2010 - 11:05
Hamird
Lieutenant
As some people mentioned in album's comment page, you must not compare this album with Mabool.. Because for me, hardly I can say any album I've heard can top Mabool.. So if it could top Mabool then it would be strange.
Anyway I like this album, a bit long as you said, true. But it doesn't come boring.. Though I'd like to hear more Hebrew/Turkish instruments...

By the way, the point is as an Orphaned Land fan, Bereft in the Abyss became my all time Orphaned Land track.. Before this, my favorite song was El Meod Na'ala..
And something else. You can easily find the foot-print of Steve Wilson on the album, when you listen to The Path Part 1 - Treading Through Darkness.. That's what I was wondering when I heard it for the first time..
26.02.2010 - 23:12
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Unexpectedly, this album grew immensily on me after a week of listening to it. I really enjoy it now.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.03.2010 - 18:45
Got Mayhem?
Just gave Mabool a listen and it was really pleasant stuff to hear. I think I'll definitely be giving their latest opus a look very soon.
----
05.09.2010 - 12:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Some "Behind the scenes 2010" footage:

----

21.09.2010 - 07:20
Jötun
I'm going to see them in Dallas on the 30th. I'm looking forward to it.
03.12.2010 - 08:56
Damn, I love this band. Mabool will certainly always be one of the most amazing gifts I have ever given to my ears.
03.12.2010 - 14:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
My most favorite songs so far: "The Beloved's Cry" from Sahara and "The Storm Still Rages Inside" from Mabool
----