Metal Storm logo
Mezarkabul

28.05.2006 - 11:12
#~|CoP Return|~#
Account deleted
Hum Mezarkabul a nice underrated band coming from Turkey.

I was wondering if some people here knew them and if they liked 'em?

I really am enthousiastic about them, they play some kind of prog/death that I really like, great rythms, nice lyrics , sometimes in turkish which is fine

Sometimes they even make me think about Opeth some of their Riffs are really look alike... maybe it's intentionnal I don't really know... but this band is worth listening to

So tell me what you think about them
28.05.2006 - 13:23
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
They actually play thrash, but that is another story. And yes there are ppl that like this band, I'm one of them. They were called Pentagram before, but have nothing to do with the doom metal band from the US.
28.05.2006 - 14:42
okt31
Account deleted
Well, I don't find them thrashy.. IMO they play orientally-minded heavy metal. Anyway it souds great.. If anybody wants to listen to either Pentagram of Mezarkabul, I recommend Unspoken.. It's a faultless album..
28.05.2006 - 14:55
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I also like Anatolia, that is another great album. Unspoke is less thrasy and more straight in you face oriental influnced metal (ha, now that's a completly diffrent genre, we could call it "blacanic metal" or metal with balcanic influences).
28.05.2006 - 14:59
okt31
Account deleted
Not really balcanic, I'd call it typically what I expect from a Turkish band: to fuse their rich and varied folk music with metal. And Unspoken just succeeds. It's a masterpiece. I agree on Anatolia for 1000 in the East Land or the title-track or Gündüz Gece...
I see your point..
28.05.2006 - 16:50
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@okt31: Being from the blacanic side of europe, after listening to Mezarkabul/Pentagram I was quite intriqgued to find similarities with the traditional romanian, bulgarian, greek & turkish music. It is clear that the Otoman Empire had a huge influence here (it's only natural, because of the political and military power) and for such a long time that there are to be found traces of their music in the music of the countries that thei had influence upon. To be back on topic my favorite albums is also Unsbopken. I found so many great tunes on that album.
28.05.2006 - 17:08
okt31
Account deleted
Yes, very true.. You may be right..
28.05.2006 - 18:48
Damnated
Churchburner
I think I have one album from them, no more, it's really hard to find their stuff.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
30.05.2006 - 12:03
#~|CoP Return|~#
Account deleted
Yeah, I went to many places in paris trying to find their stuffs... I only found Unspoken but the other ones are just nowhere... Quite a pity when you listen to their music...

I loved also the Anatolia album all in turkish, this one wasreally intresting this brings even more the roots of where the band belong that'sreally nice!
30.05.2006 - 17:59
Trollfest
I'm fallowing them since 1999 and i have bought their live album which is called "popçular disari" it means "popularist musicians out!!"
and then i also can not believe that we can do (turks) quality metal music like that.
i still listen it and it always be one of my favourite bands.
if somebody want any song i can send some of them. i have all albums but many of them in track cds.(cause i prefer original albums)

discographies;
1- pentagram (pentagram is the real name of the band, but not on international arenai this album have so poor quality)
2- trail blazer (different style, old vocalist like trash metal as first album)
3- anatolia ( really really best seller)
4- popçular disari; (live on Istanbul and have also vcd)
5- unspoken (everyone should listen it, or regret)
6- bir (probably published only in Turkey)
10.08.2006 - 01:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Trollfest on 30.05.2006 at 17:59

I'm fallowing them since 1999 and i have bought their live album which is called "popçular disari" it means "popularist musicians out!!"
and then i also can not believe that we can do (turks) quality metal music like that.
if somebody want any song i can send some of them. i have all albums but many of them in track cds.(cause i prefer original albums)

discographies;
1- pentagram (pentagram is the real name of the band, but not on international arenai this album have so poor quality)
6- bir (probably only in Turkey)

I had listen this band soem time ago, I think thay even are in MS?

What means ''Bir'' in english and what you mean by ''probobly only in Turkey''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.08.2006 - 09:36
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
The album "Bir" was released only in turkey that means you won't find it in shops except there.
10.08.2006 - 18:07
evolution-theory
Account deleted
Bir means 'one'.Album forms only turkish lyrics.And i don't know why released the other countries

1. Tigris
2. Bir
3. Seytan Bunun Neresinde
4. Bu Alemi Goren Sensin
5. Mezarkabul
6. Sir
7. Kam
8. Olumlu
9. F.T.W.D.A (for those who died alone-enstrumental)
11.08.2006 - 01:51
Trollfest
Written by Bad English on 10.08.2006 at 01:32

Written by Trollfest on 30.05.2006 at 17:59

discographies;
6- bir (probably only in Turkey)

I had listen this band soem time ago, I think thay even are in MS?

What means ''Bir'' in english and what you mean by ''probobly only in Turkey''

"bir" means "one" and the song is about "god"..this album published only in Turkey so you can't find it in anywhere but of course you can find it on internet
11.08.2006 - 12:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Venom and mikael stanne I still can try dounloud it in internet, and maybe in some german metal hubs, its be, because maybe in Germany it posible get it, easier how in other Europe.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.08.2006 - 13:03
darksun
mezarkabul is the greatest band in turkey and most of us are proud of them.till ogun sanlisoy (former vocal)
joint the band in trail blazer album guitarist hakan utangac was vocalist hakan's vocal is great you can see it when you listen to bu alemi goren sensin from bir and rotten dogs and slayer cover black magic from popcular disari.The band is on vacation now they were called to wacken but they didn't join.all the members of the band are in great masterpieces of turkish rock field now.They are told to broadcast a dvd soon.We are waiting now.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
21.10.2006 - 00:40
Nexagon
Account deleted
Mezarkabul (but they call "Pentagram" in Turkey) is the best music band is the turkey and ol autorities and musicman accepts it.Also they have been at wacken they play progressive/melodic metal and their lyrics are realy really good.

İ think you should listen "lions in a cage,in esir like an eagle or pain" in "Unspoken" album this album is the best of all.

And now... They are preparing the new concert they didn't have concert since 2004 and everyone miss them. So they have a concert on november at istanbul maybe after concert they record a new album.

If you want to learn something about them

official site:www.thepentagram.net
Fan site: www.puratu.org
21.10.2006 - 13:07
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
Love it, though it's not exactly my typ of music hehe. But since I'm turk I was searching for some metal from my place and Mezarkabul was the first band to hear. So I got me 'Bir', 'Popcular Disari' & 'Anatolia' when I went to turkey. Popcular Disarsi is an awesome live album and I recommend Bir to anyone who did not listen to it yet.
25.12.2006 - 16:45
darksun
good news guys.Mezarkabul explained they are back and they will celebrate their return with a concert in bostanci concert hall in istanbul.And soon they release a dvd containing the stuff from this gig.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
11.10.2011 - 17:51
Gothroman
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.05.2006 at 14:42

Well, I don't find them thrashy.. IMO they play orientally-minded heavy metal. Anyway it souds great.. If anybody wants to listen to either Pentagram of Mezarkabul, I recommend Unspoken.. It's a faultless album..

Unspoken is my favorite album.Anatolia sounds good too.It is perfect blend of turkish melos nad heavy metal.
26.09.2020 - 20:37
Cyanide Sun
An old thread with a few people with deleted accounts... is there anyone here these days who can tell me more about Pentagram? I'd like to ask about some lyrics, because I don't speak Turkish.
----
Where the bitter winds are singing
For the victims of a longing
29.09.2020 - 18:26
Vombatus
Potorro
Underrated band. Although my Turkish is extremely limited, I use to listen to them a lot back in the days when I was over there. From what I recall, most of their lyrics are related to Anatolian heritage but also war, loss, etc... Their original guitarist was killed by the pkk when doing the compulsory military service, if I remember.