Metal Storm logo
Coronavirus

11.03.2020 - 22:17
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
For those who haven't come to know what is Coronavirus(COVID-19) - it's a contagious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome. The cause of the coronavirus outbreak first emerged in Wuhan, China.

So far Coronavirus has infected more than 115,800 people killing over 4,200 worldwide. It resulted in World Health Organisation (WHO) declaring the coronavirus outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). And today, the WHO declared the outbreak to be a pandemic.

Initially, we have been indulged SARS(Severe acute respiratory syndrome) outbreaks like in 2002-2003 in Northern China that resulted in 8000+ cases mainly in China and Hong Kong. Similarly, MERS Coronavirus outbreak originated in Saudi Arabia in 2015 spouted devastated casualties routed to South Korea have not been entirely eliminated, but it has never been a pandemic.

What we though witnessed to the WORST CASE of pandemic was in 1918-1919 Spanish Flu that infected 500 million people around the world. Another in 2009 H1N1(Swine Flu) affected approx. 575,000 deaths that were later termed as "mild" pandemic. There is smatter of such cases that occurred in different timelines.

My question is,

Do you think Coronavirus to be a really a pandemic? Or Is it just another case stacked to likes of H1N1, Ebola, Bird flu etc?

Discuss.
11.03.2020 - 23:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
From mobile.

It affects us all, and we will see its concewuences.
One Dead i sweden, 2 ifected in Norrbotten, dont count South.

Todsys hockey goes ahead, bur state will ban meetings whit more as 500 people.
IFK Göteborg might stop ticket sale, Malmö vd AIK closed Doors.

As i infomed maybe 10 festivals are Postpondet, same 30 bands cancel tour.
German del play offs are canceled, more in hockey thtead, same in football i o formed about games behind closed Doors.

Can ir affect olympics and euro 2020.

I think 2 3 weeks all be cooler, but its chinese fail, cant trust their Cum party. They lie... Could stop it earlyer. We also when it was asian problem, stop all flights from thete and to there when we had chance. Now its to late, i dont care much about Asia economics but euroeian will be crushed hard, maybe we ordunary ppl wont see it, but it will makes us all... Maybe next time when new fly bien in China isolate that region
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.03.2020 - 10:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 12.03.2020 at 09:23

This winter over 6600 people have died in my country from seasonal flu. This figure includes many children. In a similar time period under 10 people have died from Coronavirus. All of these were people with pre existing serious health conditions.

Guess which statistic has caused the most hysteria? Please explain.

Thats Why i have to try say to people. Good whisky and youre fine.
But Trump stopped all EU USA Flight, why we cant stop every year in flu season fly from Asia.

I think orth sweden us safer, i doubt virus likes sub zero temperatur. Next week cold Air comes back and night can have minus 25 or more
----

apos;'
[image]
12.03.2020 - 10:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Utah jazz player has corona virus, NBA supend season to next anoucment
----

apos;'
[image]
12.03.2020 - 13:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
FIBA and ULEB postponds of rest of basketball season in Europe. Its not canceld but Postpondet.
----

apos;'
[image]
12.03.2020 - 13:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Russia khl hockey dinamo moscow vs spartak moscow behind closed Doors. Weird russia usually ignores what westetn world does.
----

apos;'
[image]
12.03.2020 - 16:15
nikarg

Festivals and tours are being canceled left, right and center. Most metal bands are not millionaires so this is the time, if you want to support them, to buy their merch or their cds and vinyls and digital downloads. Many promoters are not millionaires either. I have posted the following about Up The Hammers Festival on its respective event page but I am also posting it here too because I want more people to see it. And of course, everything I say applies for every metal festival out there.

The whole Up The Hammers 3-day Festival has been cancelled. It would have been a heavy metal celebration for the 15th time with awesome bands like Fifth Angel, The Lord Weird Slough Feg, Toxik, Atlantean Kodex, Traveler, Riot City, Trespass, Smoulder, Crypt Sermon and many others but it wasn't meant to be. Support the bands and buy merch, many took the trip to Greece from very far away or paid for flights and hotels even if they had to cancel at the last minute. Support the festival and don't ask for a fucking refund. You can live with 20 euros less in your pocket, the festival organizers are going to deal with a massive financial blow. However, all tickets will be valid for the festival next year, read the official statement here.

Atlantean Kodex will be offering 50% of profits from their merch to Up The Hammers Festival.

Smoulder are already in Athens and they are doing the same (giving 50% to the festival). If you want you can visit them at their hotel and buy their Greek exclusive tour shirt, it will be great help for a band that now has to find a way to fly back to Canada. Or you can buy directly from bandcamp.

Support the underground. United we stand.

12.03.2020 - 16:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Or but to band good craft beer, its Sad i dont remember any other virus from past what canceled so many events, it sad... I personally wont be egected financial but i will be, it will affect all of us in many wsys. Seems 1917 spanish flu us back... Grim resper. I hope next time we will be ready
----

apos;'
[image]
12.03.2020 - 19:26
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

This didn't age well.
13.03.2020 - 01:51
SatanicBlood

I'm taking a cue from Italy and prepping myself. Not toilet paper frenzy crazy, but I've stocked up on non-perishables to hold me out for a few weeks just in case things start to really hit the fan.
Already seeing establishments here in Canada postpone operations, like most places gatherings of 250 or more people are discouraged so a lot of my friends in the stage sound biz are already talking doom and gloom on the discussion of financials. Luckily, the Canadian government is allowing people who are quarantined to still receive money through an assisted program similar to employment insurance.
I have my guitar, a collection of movies and music, and Dark Souls so if I need to stay on my ass for a while, my sanity won't wane.

Because even you don't buy into the panic, you'll feel the brunt of it if you aren't prepared should everyone else take it serious. We are still probably a week or two here in North America before something serious could happen, best to take measures to ensure it doesn't get worse.
13.03.2020 - 14:31
Fabiano

Written by Grouch Douglas on 13.03.2020 at 13:58

It isn't that much worse than the flu after all.

It isn't much worse, but IT IS WORSE.
Please guys do not underestimate this virus.
I am an Italian, I know the situation better than you from Americas.
Trump closing flights is comprehesible, we should have done it when it all started from China. We did not, so here we are.
People are dying, "they also die from normal flu" you would say. Well yes, but this is an outbreak, it means there are a peak of cases which hospitals are not able to manage properly.
And why let a virus spread just because it is "like a flu" if it is possible to contain instead?

Stay safe guys!
13.03.2020 - 17:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Fabiano on 13.03.2020 at 14:31

It isn't much worse, but IT IS WORSE.
Please guys do not underestimate this virus.
I am an Italian, I know the situation better than you from Americas.
Trump closing flights is comprehesible, we should have done it when it all started from China. We did not, so here we are.
People are dying, "they also die from normal flu" you would say. Well yes, but this is an outbreak, it means there are a peak of cases which hospitals are not able to manage properly.
And why let a virus spread just because it is "like a flu" if it is possible to contain instead?

Stay safe guys!

EU should done it month ago from China and whole Asia... I agree
----

apos;'
[image]
13.03.2020 - 17:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Masters golf tournament becomes the latest event to be postponed

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/mar/13/masters-golf-tournament-becomes-the-latest-event-to-be-postponed-augusta-coronavirus
----

apos;'
[image]
13.03.2020 - 17:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Giro d'Italia stages in Hungary cancelled due to coronavirus fears

https://www.cyclingnews.com/amp/news/giro-ditalia-stages-in-hungary-cancelled-due-to-coronavirus-fears/
----

apos;'
[image]
13.03.2020 - 18:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Swedish championships on many indoor in Luleå and outdoor in Boden has been canceled.

All lind skiing competitions around sweden has been canceled. Might be hold in late april if snow stays.

Rumors euro 2020 can be postponed to next year
----

apos;'
[image]
13.03.2020 - 19:39
Starvynth
i c deaf people
My neighbourhood's monthly flea market got cancelled at short notice. It was raining all week.
Last weekend's third league soccer match TSV Germania Windeck vs. Spielvereinigung Wahn-Grengel had almost no audience. The last two spectators left when the beer had run dry.
My cousin recently gave up motorcycling. He suffers from dandruff.

Is this still a metal forum or some bizarre "I can name more postponed sports events than you"-contest?
----
signatures = SPAM
13.03.2020 - 20:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Starvynth on 13.03.2020 at 19:39

My neighbourhood's monthly flea market got cancelled at short notice. It was raining all week.
Last weekend's third league soccer match TSV Germania Windeck vs. Spielvereinigung Wahn-Grengel had almost no audience. The last two spectators left when the beer had run dry.
My cousin recently gave up motorcycling. He suffers from dandruff.

Is this still a metal forum or some bizarre "I can name more postponed sports events than you"-contest?

Today man basketball Borås was Anounced as champions, Luleå women got tittle after not plaid last game, hockey has messed up, play offs in tier 2 björklöven Umeå and modo Örnsköldsvik. Poor fans who waisted such series mYbe 30 years.

Whole ski events in Norrbottens country is canceled. I was buying food way more ppl buying now as in selery day.

Locsl life here is not effected, just small things, so far all is open. In norrbottens-län 5 has it. It can afect our lifes n economy in the ass. I think real loss we will feel next year. I think ppl will be cariful next year on pre order and travel.

SAS migt have bancrupcy, many Will get wages cut there.
----

apos;'
[image]
13.03.2020 - 20:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Starvynth on 13.03.2020 at 19:39

My cousin recently gave up motorcycling.

You gigs can ride a motorcycle there on germany in match, februari
----

apos;'
[image]
13.03.2020 - 21:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
13.03.2020 - 21:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
According to Billboard, America's largest concert promoter and venue operator Live Nation is instructing its touring shows to prepare to return home in the wake of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. All Live Nation tours are affected, both domestically and internationally, through the end of the month

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/live-nation-to-pause-all-tours-due-to-coronavirus/
----

apos;'
[image]
13.03.2020 - 21:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE has canceled its previously announced tour of Japan, including a headlining appearance at Download Festival Japan.

----

apos;'
[image]
13.03.2020 - 21:46
nikarg

Greece is now officially on lockdown. Everything (cafes, bars, restaurants, theatres, cinemas, sports centres, schools, universities, museums, etc.) is shutting down with immediate effect, apart from public services, bakeries, super markets and pharmacies. Everyone is urged to stay at home unless it is absolutely necessary.

I guess this gives me the opportunity to write and post the reviews I have in my stack before we all die.
13.03.2020 - 21:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by nikarg on 13.03.2020 at 21:46

Greece is now officially on lockdown. Everything (cafes, bars, restaurants, theatres, cinemas, sports centres, schools, universities, museums, etc.) is shutting down with immediate effect, apart from public services, bakeries, super markets and pharmacies. Everyone is urged to stay at home unless it is absolutely necessary.

I guess this gives me the opportunity to write and post the reviews I have in my stack before we all die.

Not N Sweden, life goes on, only sport events. I saw 100times more folks on stores as in cellery day.
In South is more, it can come here as well
----

apos;'
[image]
14.03.2020 - 05:55
Clushje

Insomnium and Omnium Gatherum have had to cancel their entire NA tour, apparently it's put them in a serious financial situation: https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156878269946641&id=23559951640 if things weren't bad enough, losing bands to this would be crazy...
14.03.2020 - 20:17
Fulcrum

In Sofia its like a ghost town - I saw like a total of 30 people today and i drove through the whole of the city...Authorities urged home stay and left only groceries and pharmacies open with restrictions on how to space people and how many to enter at a time...Thursday evening I waited for like 1h to get beer - life saving substance

Good thing is, now I'm home office so can wake up 8.29 to go to work at 8.30
14.03.2020 - 21:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Kalev"/"Cramo Tallinn basketball club coaches has corona

9 serie a players had it juventus, sampdoria genoa and fiorentina
----

apos;'
[image]
14.03.2020 - 22:13
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Fabiano on 13.03.2020 at 14:31

Stay safe guys!

I don't think it is the WORST VIRUS to be ever detected inside a human body rather it resulted in the WORST SOCIAL OUTBREAK. As I previously stated about SARS related outbreaks causing more devastation and casualties, this ongoing pandemic COVID is VASTLY CONTAGIOUS than any of initial epidemics. The susceptible transmission on an avg infecting 2.5 people which will likely fall as containment claimed to be the main reason behind this exponential outburst affecting most countries.

And now come to the worst part - the widespread social hysteria causing unrest among people is truly fucking unbelievable. As if people forgot that recovery chances in 1918 Spanish influenza, Ebola or H1N1 was minimalist as opposed to in COVID where it's prone to "mild" asymptomatic symptoms ensuing 100% recovery.

I think people need to calm the fuck down and wait until it dries out.
14.03.2020 - 22:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Denmark, norway, slovakia, chech Republic, poland, lietuva close their borders. Russia whit poland and norway
----

apos;'
[image]
15.03.2020 - 11:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Latvia and Estonia partly close their borders, fary reaffic Between Scandinavian and baltic statens in baltic see canceled. SAS stuffers ,
----

apos;'
[image]
15.03.2020 - 22:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
From tommorow Germany close borders whit France, Austria and Suisse.
----

apos;'
[image]