Metal Storm logo
Another wrestler dead

26.06.2007 - 12:59
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=3315501&page=1

Benoit was one of my favourite wrestlers, and I've recently gotten back into watching it. What's even more sad is that this has taken place while the WWE are running a storyline about Vince McMahon being allegedly dead.
----
26.06.2007 - 14:03
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Yes this is sad news indeed.

Although I don't watch wrestling myself , both of my sons do.
Benoit was one of the top wrestlers.

Perhaps now WWE won't have such ridiculous storylines - everyone knew that McMahon wasn't dead.
Sometimes they go too far in their stories trying to attract attention.
Unfortunately , knowing WWE it won't make any difference to them.
They will do a tribute prog and then it will be all back to normal again , as if nothing has happened.

Sorry , if anyone thought it was real :p
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
26.06.2007 - 14:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
@hanna i gotta agree, the wrestling industry's stupid stories and stage rivalries are damn ridiculous...
26.06.2007 - 14:58
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Yes, they are stupid and outrageous, but their drawing power is enormous. hanna's right, though. A tribute program, someone close to him will start doing one of Benoit's signature moves/using a mannerism in honour, and it will all be back to normal.
----
26.06.2007 - 15:31
Bararey
Winter is Coming
The wrestling world's storylines was the main reason for me to quit watching it, I have not seen the WWE (was WWF at the time) for over 10 years! Still their commericals run on TV and there is more acting than wrestling! Nothing much to comment on the wrestler's own death the story does not have much on it.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
26.06.2007 - 16:52
Bulldozer
Account deleted
Written by Elijah on 26.06.2007 at 12:59

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=3315501&page=1

Benoit was one of my favourite wrestlers, and I've recently gotten back into watching it. What's even more sad is that this has taken place while the WWE are running a storyline about Vince McMahon being allegedly dead.

Hold on, wait a sec... did I read correctly that he murdered his wife and his 7-year old son and then killed himself?
26.06.2007 - 16:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
That's one of the possibilities, yes..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.06.2007 - 18:20
Stigmatized
Yeah, at this point, they're investigating it as a murder-suicide.
26.06.2007 - 19:29
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
wow, Benoit died........I used to watch this shit many years ago. Last week I went throught he channels and being bored I watched it to find out that the current storyline was that Mr. McMahon was dead, I was on the floor laughing because i didn't believe it for one second, like seriously It was sooo hilarious hahahhahha.

But yeah ummm this Chris Benoit thing is insane.......What a time for it to occur too.
26.06.2007 - 20:15
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
McMahon "Death" Storyline Ends
Its stuff 6 months worth of storylines up.

this just gets more fucked up:

Quote:
"A layout of the events in the Benoit Murder-Suicide.

Police confirmed this morning to ABC that this is in fact a double homicde/suicide investigation.

Also revealed were the following gruesome facts:

All 3 were found in seperate rooms. Time of death places benoit murdering Nancy first Saturday night. He then murdered his son sometime Sunday morning. Then almost 24 hours later, he commits suicide. Benoit's body was found in his personal weight room.

It is speculated that Benoit killed Nancy in the heat of an argument, possibly about her leaving him with their son. Then, as his son wakes the next morning, Chris decides to kill him as well.

What happened in the hours in between the deaths and his suicide is not known, but it is known that Benoit never left the house during this time. He stayed in there with their corpses for almost 24 hours before finally making the decision to kill himself rather than face prosecution.

Sources inside WWE told ABC that Saturday night, Benoit sounded calm on the phone, and really only described his situation as a "family emergency". Benoit, who was supposed to win the ECW belt that Sunday at the PPV, turned the belt down and said something along the lines of "I don't want it, give it to someone else". And WWE did just that. Johnny Nitro, who took benoit's place in the ring, got the belt Benoit was supposed to get.

Several major news media outlets outright refused to even look at this story at first, believing it was indeed another hoax like McMahon's death. However, with TMZ.com, ABC, and CNN covering it now, this story has broke wide open. There are plans this week for coverage of this case on CNN's nancy Grace.

Autopsy results are due later today."
----

Hellcunt Smurf
26.06.2007 - 20:20
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Another source:

Quote:

"Benoit Murder Details Revealed
Posted Jun 26th 2007 11:37AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice

TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing."
----

Hellcunt Smurf
27.06.2007 - 13:04
UnholyMenace
Psycho
I find it very difficult to feel sorry for a man who kills his wife and child.
27.06.2007 - 15:42
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I think that before long we are going to hear that body-building steroids are involved in this case.

A lot of wrestlers use them - one of the side effects is to make the user ultra-aggressive.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
27.06.2007 - 19:32
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by hanna of steel on 27.06.2007 at 15:42

I think that before long we are going to hear that body-building steroids are involved in this case.

A lot of wrestlers use them - one of the side effects is to make the user ultra-aggressive.

The problem with what they call 'Riod Rage' and this scenario is that there has been no report of physical abuse on either of Nancy (wife) and Daniel (son), or on Beniot for that matter - keeping the options open for the possibility it isnt a double murder/suicide.

In other news, Chavo Guerrero said he talked on the phone to Benoit Saturday night and he said nothing about him being different. The man apparently seemed to keep to himself thought the other wrestlers from the WWE... who knows what could of been going through his head. Maybe years of paranoia?

Nothing has been offically released yet from the coroner or the investigation team on the cause of death of either of the three victums, so anything said by the media is just speculation thus far.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
27.06.2007 - 19:33
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Quote:

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 - World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff's Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit's state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

I think Vince McMahon is gonna cop a whole lot of shit about the steroids allogation and i'm hoping it doesnt effect the business as much as its expected too. My guess is that might be heading to court with the FBI again, and so might some doctors.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
27.06.2007 - 20:47
Lupas
Maximus
Written by hanna of steel on 27.06.2007 at 15:42

You are right, these steroids have this side effects.
Another argument to stop this wrestles, they induce into children as they are real, infact they act like in an opera. This sad news is the real world. This is real not this type of "sport", if it can say sport .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
28.06.2007 - 01:40
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Famous Wrestlers That Have Died Since 1985 Before the Age of 65

Chris Von Erich - 21
Mike Von Erich - 23
Louie Spiccoli - 27
Art Barr - 28
Gino Hernandez - 29
Jay Youngblood - 30
Rick McGraw - 30
Joey Marella - 30
Ed Gatner - 31
Buzz Sawyer - 32
Crash Holly - 32
Kerry Von Erich - 33
D.J. Peterson - 33
Eddie Gilbert - 33
The Renegade - 33
Owen Hart - 33
Chris Candido - 33
Adrian Adonis - 34
Gary Albright - 34
Bobby Duncum Jr. - 34
Yokozuna - 34
Big Dick Dudley - 34
Brian Pillman - 35
Marianna Komlos - 35
Pitbull #2 - 36
The Wall/Malice - 36
Leroy Brown - 38
Mark Curtis - 38
Eddie Guerrero - 38
Davey Boy Smith - 39
Johnny Grunge - 39
Vivian Vachon - 40
Jeep Swenson - 40
Brady Boone - 40
Terry Gordy - 40
Bertha Faye - 40
Billy Joe Travis - 40
Chris Benoit - 40
Larry Cameron - 41
Rick Rude - 41
Randy Anderson - 41
Bruiser Brody - 42
Miss Elizabeth - 42
Big Boss Man - 42
Earthquake - 42
Mike Awesome - 42
Ray Candy - 43
Nancy Benoit (Woman) - 43
Dino Bravo - 44
Curt Hennig - 44
Bam Bam Bigelow - 45
Jerry Blackwell - 45
Junkyard Dog - 45
Hercules - 45
Andre the Giant - 46
Big John Studd - 46
Chris Adams - 46
Mike Davis - 46
Hawk - 46
Dick Murdoch - 49
Jumbo Tsuruta - 49
Rocco Rock - 49
Sherri Martel - 49
Moondog Spot - 51
Ken Timbs - 53
Uncle Elmer - 54
Pez Whatley - 54
Eddie Graham - 55
Tarzan Tyler - 55
Haystacks Calhoun- 55
Giant Haystacks - 55
The Spoiler - 56
Kurt Von Hess - 56
Moondog King - 56
Gene Anderson - 58
Dr. Jerry Graham - 58
Bulldog Brown - 58
Tony Parisi - 58
Rufus R. Jones - 60
Ray Stevens - 60
Stan Stasiak - 60
Terry Garvin - 60
Boris Malenko - 61
Little Beaver - 61
Sapphire - 61
Shohei Baba - 61
Dick the Bruiser - 62
Wilbur Snyder - 62
George Cannon - 62
Karl Krupp - 62
Dale Lewis - 62
Gorilla Monsoon - 62
Hiro Matsuda - 62
Bad News Brown - 63
Bulldog Brower - 63
Wahoo McDaniel - 63

http://prowrestling.about.com/od/whatsrealwhatsfake/a/wrestlersdeaths.htm
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.06.2007 - 07:14
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by UnholyMenace on 27.06.2007 at 13:04

I find it very difficult to feel sorry for a man who kills his wife and child.

I agree with you completely. It's sad that the kid and his wife died. And I don't know the situation, so I can't just completely just spit at the guy. But seriously, there is never any reason to murder your wife and child, never.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
01.07.2007 - 02:16
Baz Anderson

I found out about this a few days ago and I was really saddened..
I havent watched WWE stuff for a long time but this guy I liked..
its even weirder because as this was happening - I was at Hellfest in France.. and for some unknown reason to me I started to think of him while I was on my journey down there.. I was unaware of all this going on of course

it will just be a coincidence though - as he has a French surname..
but still.. it is really sad news..
01.07.2007 - 04:28
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I was extremely surprised to find out what allegidly took place in this case, when I saw that Benoit was dead I just thought it was another accident like what happend to Owen Hart. Then I mentioned the death to my co-worker and he told me how it was a murder-suicide, it was pretty incredible and hard to fathom. Benoit is weak for taking the life of his wife, child and then commiting suicide, he should have just off'ed himself and left his family alone.