Metal Storm logo
Khemmis - To Release Mini Album 'Doomed Heavy Metal'

Colorado based doomers Khemmis unveil details for the release of their new mini album, Doomed Heavy Metal, which will be released digitally on April 17th via Nuclear Blast (physical copies available via 20 Buck Spin). This offering includes a brand new cover of Dio's "Rainbow In The Dark" as well as a pair of rare singles - "A Conversation With Death" from the band's 7" split with Spirit Adrift and "Empty Throne" from the Decibel Magazine Flexi Series. The other 3 tracks are a selection of live recordings from 2018's 'Two Nights Of Doomed Heavy Metal' showcasing one song from each of Khemmis' full-lengths.

The band comments: "As lifelong fans of ZZ Top, Fandango has been a consistent source of inspiration for the four of us. The combination of high-octane live cuts and rare studio recordings make the release stand out in the band's discography. In that tradition, we are thrilled to announce Doomed Heavy Metal. This mini-album is similarly unique, combining sought-after singles and live cuts together on one record. We've topped it all off with a newly recorded version of Dio's immortal "Rainbow In The Dark". For those who have clamored for the re-release of the long out of print "Empty Throne" and "Conversation With Death", your calls have been answered. We hope new and old fans alike will pick up the album, pour a tall glass of their favorite beverage, and party with us!"

Tracklist:

01. Rainbow In The Dark ( Dio cover)
02. A Conversation With Death
03. Empty Throne
04. Bloodletting (Live)
05. Three Gates (Live)
06. The Bereaved (Live)

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Khemmis
Posted: 13.03.2020 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 34 users
15.03.2020 - 00:43
Paradoxical

This is an excellent cover! Very Khemmis-ish
15.03.2020 - 00:59
nikarg

Written by Paradoxical on 15.03.2020 at 00:43

This is an excellent cover! Very Khemmis-ish

I agree. Still, the cover of "A Conversation With Death" remains one of my favourites ever by any band.
15.03.2020 - 11:05
nikarg

^ The point of doing a cover of a classic song is to put your individual signature under it. This is what Khemmis did and they did it brilliantly. Liliac give a good performance, but all they do is just replay the song in its original form. There are millions of local bands doing the same in small clubs around the world, there is nothing special to that.
15.03.2020 - 13:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 15.03.2020 at 10:35

Rainbow In The Dark was always a bit too poppy, but this sucks the life of it completely. Liliac's version is far better.

We can say it a bit to all his solo songs...
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.03.2020 - 14:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 15.03.2020 at 13:30

Written by Bad English on 15.03.2020 at 13:22

Rainbow In The Dark was always a bit too poppy, but this sucks the life of it completely. Liliac's version is far better.

We can say it a bit to all his solo songs...

Now that is blasphemy

All has a bit pop sound same as all80 metal bands if you compare whit yoday
----

apos;'
[image]
15.03.2020 - 16:00
WorpeX
Made of Metal

Well, Khemmis is Doom metal and playing the song in their style so... Mission Accomplished then!
16.03.2020 - 00:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by nikarg on 15.03.2020 at 11:05
^ The point of doing a cover of a classic song is to put your individual signature under it.

Speak for yourself. When I listen to a cover song, I expect it to sound exactly like the original because I don't like change and different is bad and individuality is ruining good old classic metal. Except for when metal bands cover non-metal songs then that's okay because metal is good and everything else is pop and pop is bad.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.03.2020 - 05:30
tintinb

Oof that artwork, I want it on a TShirt.
----
Leeches everywhere.
16.03.2020 - 09:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.03.2020 at 00:34

Written by nikarg on 15.03.2020 at 11:05
^ The point of doing a cover of a classic song is to put your individual signature under it.

Speak for yourself. When I listen to a cover song, I expect it to sound exactly like the original because I don't like change and different is bad and individuality is ruining good old classic metal. Except for when metal bands cover non-metal songs then that's okay because metal is good and everything else is pop and pop is bad.

How do you like dimmu borgir do accept cover metal heart
----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 1302 | This month: 4