Metal Storm logo
Messages, inbox

‹‹ Back to Bugs
28.05.2006 - 15:40
Falcon

When I don't have a new PM, but I just klik on 'Messages' to go to my inbox or something, my inbox is always empty. Though, when I have a new message, it is of course in my inbox, together with the old ones. What could be the problem??
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°
08.06.2006 - 19:17
Lucas
Mr. Noise
It could be the problem that you confuse PM's with Notifications.

Know that there is a difference between those, when you get a PM it says: [1 Pm]. When you have a notification it says: [1 n]. Important difference, could be it. If not, I guess it is a bug, and I am not the one who can help you.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.06.2006 - 19:40
Ivan
Retired Admin
Yes, there are 2 'inboxes' - one for private messages, another for automatic notifications. Both can be accessed from the Messages submenu. The 'messages' link in the top left corner opens the PM inbox.
09.06.2006 - 00:28
Falcon

Ok, that must be the problem! thanks!
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°
09.06.2006 - 15:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
No problem.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.06.2006 - 11:03
Eight
Shapeshifter
I really don't know is it a bug or just im that famous, i opened MS today and found out that i have:

So i opened my mbox, and there was only one new message, witch was actually old one, bout 3-4 days old or so, so...
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
22.06.2006 - 11:38
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Eight on 22.06.2006 at 11:03

I really don't know is it a bug or just im that famous, i opened MS today and found out that i have:

So i opened my mbox, and there was only one new message, witch was actually old one, bout 3-4 days old or so, so...

Did you click on 'Messages' or on '91n'? Because there are actually 2 different inboxes - one for PM, and another for Notifications...
22.06.2006 - 11:39
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Ivan on 22.06.2006 at 11:38

Did you click on 'Messages' or on '91n'? Because there are actually 2 different inboxes - one for PM, and another for Notifications...

But since he has only 4 community points, that means he would have been quited 87 times since his last visit? That is much!
----

22.06.2006 - 12:52
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
is it not possible to switch notifications off?
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
22.06.2006 - 16:01
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by -tom- on 22.06.2006 at 12:52

Why would you want to do that?
22.06.2006 - 16:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Ivan on 22.06.2006 at 16:01

Written by -tom- on 22.06.2006 at 12:52

Why would you want to do that?

Because he is getting sick and tired of getting a notification when quoted. I love that new option!
----

22.06.2006 - 17:22
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Lucas on 22.06.2006 at 16:11

Because he is getting sick and tired of getting a notification when quoted. I love that new option!

Me too. Makes sure I don't miss any replies

OK, I'll think about making it possible to switch off notifications in Settings.
22.06.2006 - 18:51
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Ivan on 22.06.2006 at 11:38

Clicked on '91n' , and yeah, i know of these two inboxes allready
And second: Wheres my fifth point for adding Disarmonia mundi bio ?
----

28.08.2006 - 09:17
iaberis
Advice Troll
Hey everyone!
I want to add a bug or something going wrong in the messages section. I add it here, so I don't have to make a new topic.
I think that all the messages I send to MS Stuff/Elite are totally ignored! And I don't mean messages about "how you are" & "please make me that". Messages about problems I've found in MS (not bugs) that none was replied by the people I send them and no action taken about these problems... I don't know if Stuff/Elite can't really see those messages or just ignoring in purpose because of too much work....
Just checking
----
Bitch! Please
29.08.2006 - 22:04
wrathchild

Written by iaberis on 28.08.2006 at 09:17

I think that all the messages I send to MS Stuff/Elite are totally ignored! And I don't mean messages about "how you are" & "please make me that". Messages about problems I've found in MS (not bugs) that none was replied by the people I send them and no action taken about these problems... I don't know if Stuff/Elite can't really see those messages or just ignoring in purpose because of too much work....

Do you mean you're sending actual PMs or that you're using the "report to mods" or the "Edit" buttons to submit info about bands?
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
30.08.2006 - 00:00
iaberis
Advice Troll
When I send pm, not report or anything else, just a pm
----
Bitch! Please
30.08.2006 - 00:55
wrathchild

Written by iaberis on 30.08.2006 at 00:00

When I send pm, not report or anything else, just a pm

Well, then, send me a test PM. I'll reply to you by PM, if it works.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
30.08.2006 - 17:17
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by wrathchild on 30.08.2006 at 00:55

Well, then, send me a test PM. I'll reply to you by PM, if it works.

Done!
----
Bitch! Please
04.10.2006 - 17:48
Eight
Shapeshifter
Ok, so i recieved notification that guy quoted me, i went by the like that i was given, and sudonly i realize that the last page of the topic dissapeared. Went there by the ordinary way, i mean Forum > Funny .... and it's there.
----

04.10.2006 - 18:33
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Eight on 04.10.2006 at 17:48

Ok, so i recieved notification that guy quoted me, i went by the like that i was given, and sudonly i realize that the last page of the topic dissapeared. Went there by the ordinary way, i mean Forum > Funny .... and it's there.

Fixed... I think
04.10.2006 - 21:23
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Well, I still have a problem of that likes. Sometimes my quote notification send me to a page, which is said is the last one, though I know there are other posts. Then I either go through 'Forum' or I go to an earlier page and go back again.

Err. some crooked sentences, up there ^^. Ah well.
----

18.11.2006 - 14:01
Eight
Shapeshifter
Some small problem with notifications again, people quote me, but no notifications, or if they are, they aren't shown in the header not a biggie for meh tho.
----