Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - Announce Patreon Launch

Wintersun are proud to officially announce that Wintersun Patreon is online now. Wintersun Patreon is a new platform and an interactive community, and a page for the band to share exclusive content. It will also have a totally new Wintersun forum where the band can interact directly with their fans.

Patreon exclusive content includes:

? Monthly live videos
? Monthly Video Podcast with band members
? Wintersun Forum to interact directly with the band members
? Playing and gear videos
? Behind-the-scenes and vlog videos
? Photos and posts
? Monthly giveaways

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 21.04.2020 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 53   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 315 users
21.04.2020 - 11:14
SZYMEZ

Heh, heh, heh....
21.04.2020 - 11:32
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Irritable Ted on 21.04.2020 at 11:04

10 euros a month? Social distancing saunas must cost more.

They need 1 sauna each now. No sharing.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
21.04.2020 - 12:10
Maco
Pvt Funderground
He obviously needs a new sauna but this time in his house since we're all in lockdown
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
21.04.2020 - 12:18
marshalldml

If they really need money,Jari should just go back to work at that post office he missed so much!
And he'll be working and getting paid now since it's essential!
But,he's here trying to get money without even giving new music!!!!
21.04.2020 - 12:56
musclassia

I think every band in the world would kill to have Wintersun's fanbase; can't believe the amount of people in the YouTube comments still gullible enough to be going with the 'he needs all this state-of-the-art equipment to make the unrivalled masterpiece that only Jari can make' line (although thankfully there seem to be more saying the opposite). All one has to do is literally listen to any other bands to see how much more so many have been able to do with far fewer resources. If Jari wanted to make Time II, it would already be out.
21.04.2020 - 13:26
qlacs
"The Quaker"
As a beginner sound engineer, with the money they got at previous crowdfunding I'd been able to make a very decent studio... Definitely one that would be producing music, not a need for more money... Most of it would've gone to real-estate and sound treatment, but still... I was happily laughing at the Time jokes whenever they came up but this is just ridiculous...
----
21.04.2020 - 13:54
Liafev

Well, I was happy to give 50? for The Forest Seasons (which I didn't like as much as the hype made me think I would) but here this is going too far for me. 10? Monthly subscription for what I feel are useless goodies .. I spend a lot of money in music, but I won't spend it all for one band, plenty of other bands do great stuff while being less greedy, maybe we'll talk again when there's an album out Wintersun.

But hey it worked out for them, it's already 2K a month they're getting now.
21.04.2020 - 14:43
Coconut Racecar

I stopped listening to this band years ago because this guy is a piece of shit. Not surprised he's still begging for money.
21.04.2020 - 14:53
nikarg

The crowdfunding was a great idea to get a lump sum. Now they are after a monthly salary. Jari is a genius.
21.04.2020 - 14:57
MetalManic

Stick with the other great 2004 debut album bandDisillusion . At least they are doing this patreon thing (with great results) right.
21.04.2020 - 15:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hey guys How about playing me and help me reach 100 000 posts,... Its same isnt it.

Seems no new album ever will come
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.04.2020 - 15:14
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Ahoy, a bunch of beggars in limelight again.
21.04.2020 - 15:56
X5452
Account deleted
Im so sick of this band
21.04.2020 - 16:21
The Entity

My favorite metal soap opera!
----
https://enigmaticalofficial.bandcamp.com/
Industrial / Cosmic Black Metal
21.04.2020 - 17:55
Stormm

Sixteen years on scene. Only 2 and 1/2 albums. Only one album considered as classic. But still begging for money. He must be working on airship or something. Or maybe...He just like expensive things.
21.04.2020 - 18:10
SAY10

When TIME II gets brought to life (if ever), will be a new record of music composed 20+ years ago. Personally makes no sense, nothing illegal there either, but what is too much is too much and I stopped paying attention already to the band, stopped following news and crap. When (and again, IF) a new album is made, I'll hear it and that's it. No more fundings, sauna news, trailers, ultimates editions of previously already remastered rehearsals (!) or whatever. Jari is good, but he's not the new Mozart.
21.04.2020 - 18:15
DonMoenning

A global lockdown seems like a great time to get some new music recorded. Instead they ask for money. Somehow I'm not surprised.
21.04.2020 - 18:39
Oracles

Seems like a perfect time for a second wave since the funds he's lived off the last patreon making have probably drained...
21.04.2020 - 18:40
Vombatus
Potorro
The guy reminds me of your average youtuber: constant need for attention and desperately trying to find new ways to get money from their audience (suscribe! check my affiliate links! check my monthly payment platform! My fans are the best!).

So having a Patreon suits him very well.
21.04.2020 - 18:58
ickoriss

I used to really love this band and considered them one of my favorites for several years. I love the debut and thought Time I was also great. But the band's just a joke at this point. The Forest Seasons felt really uninspired and like other people have said, Jari's just begging for money at this point.

If they'd release Time II and if it's as good as Time I, I'd consider giving them my money again. I don't see that happening though. :/
21.04.2020 - 19:06
Hellthunder

Written by Vombatus on 21.04.2020 at 18:40

The guy reminds me of your average youtuber: constant need for attention and desperately trying to find new ways to get money from their audience (suscribe! check my affiliate links! check my monthly payment platform! My fans are the best!).

So having a Patreon suits him very well.

Time II brought to you by Skillshare, Squarespace and Raid: Shadow Legends
21.04.2020 - 21:22
FYA
Destroyer
XD
21.04.2020 - 21:36
moe5512

He's a scam artist
21.04.2020 - 22:13
Dronewolf12
Account deleted
Written by Stormm on 21.04.2020 at 17:55

Sixteen years on scene. Only 2 and 1/2 albums. Only one album considered as classic. But still begging for money. He must be working on airship or something. Or maybe...He just like expensive things.

https://frinkiac.com/video/S09E13/KPQw0U_Dkr7V71Esk3q8PdPD_Ic=.gif
21.04.2020 - 23:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How many msa dramas gas been whit this band hmmmmm seems we have new, old candidate
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.04.2020 - 00:00
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
$502,993 USD raised last time and they're still begging. Unreal
22.04.2020 - 00:32
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Jari is a true genius. This is the best 419 fraud since Prince Jones Dimka.
----
signatures = SPAM
22.04.2020 - 00:42
Metren
Dreadrealm
I wouldn't support an established band that's on Nuclear fucking Blast via Patreon even if their music wasn't mediocre, so that's 0/2 chances I'll be supporting Wintersun.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
22.04.2020 - 00:58
IBlackened

And there are people still saying: "but how can he follow his true vision and release Time II or any new music without his studio?". I think this qualifies as a religion at this point.
----
Their old stuff is better.
22.04.2020 - 02:09
nikarg

Written by SAY10 on 21.04.2020 at 18:10

ultimate editions of previously already remastered rehearsals (!)

After all the lulz I thought "hey, it's not impossible he has actually sold something like that".
So please tell me you came up with that yourself and he hasn't really done it.

Hits total: 4263 | This month: 9