Metal Storm logo
Do you work out, and why?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 01.07.2007 - 16:59
well, i was just curious, with all the metal imagery consisting of so many "musclebands"(manowar, venom, hammerfall etc) who try to look so tough and "heavy", and having muscly band members is a must.

i do, for health and looking good.

Poll

Why do you work out, if you do?

both of the above
don't work out
for health
to look good

Total votes: 228
04.05.2011 - 09:55
whatsacow
I work out, because if I didn't, I'd be extraordinarily fat. I drink reasonably heavily, eat lots of junk, and spend most of my time either on the xbox, on the laptop, watching tv or at work lol.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
04.05.2011 - 11:20
Yasmine
Bad bad bad lol, I had to do nothing but veggie in front of the TV for 2 more weeks, I mean I can exercise but the docs said if I push it I could hurt or upset the area. So 2 more and back to normal.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
07.05.2011 - 10:49
Vivi'
Written by whatsacow on 04.05.2011 at 09:55

I work out, because if I didn't, I'd be extraordinarily fat. I drink reasonably heavily, eat lots of junk, and spend most of my time either on the xbox, on the laptop, watching tv or at work lol.

Well, that's not very logical. You can work out a bit less and eat healthy food - the result will be better
07.05.2011 - 13:47
ANGEL REAPER
@ Yasmine well i didn't knew the circumstances .....but once you recover you will be able to do it ....once you build up some stamina.......
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
07.05.2011 - 14:57
whatsacow
Written by Vivi' on 07.05.2011 at 10:49

Well, that's not very logical. You can work out a bit less and eat healthy food - the result will be better

I could... but junk food is so damn addictive!
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
09.05.2011 - 18:26
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by whatsacow on 07.05.2011 at 14:57

Written by Vivi' on 07.05.2011 at 10:49

I could... but junk food is so damn addictive!

Health food is just as good as junk. At least you feel better about yourself.
09.05.2011 - 20:28
Ragana
Rawrcat
Is 'healthy food' in this conversation = balanced food? If it is, okay, no problem there, but if not - one can eat healthy food and still get fat. Gotta balance all that stuff... and have to try to eat at the same time every day (it really works).
10.05.2011 - 16:55
Vivi'
Written by Ragana on 09.05.2011 at 20:28

Is 'healthy food' in this conversation = balanced food? If it is, okay, no problem there, but if not - one can eat healthy food and still get fat. Gotta balance all that stuff... and have to try to eat at the same time every day (it really works).

Тhe thing that really works is not eating after 8 p.m. And also trying not to eat more than you need. Not to say not eating fried food and etc.
10.05.2011 - 20:37
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
You are supposed to eat three balanced meals a day. Breakfast is the most important part of the day. The healthier and the more balanced it is, the better your day will be. In the morning your stomach and body is needing food. When you feed it some good things, its that energy for the day.

3 meals a day and some working out is all thats needed to be healthy.
10.05.2011 - 21:08
Vivi'
A medical doctor told me that eating in the evening makes you fat. Of course breakfast is important, but if you have dinner at 11 p.m., that's not healthy and you wouldn't look good /which depends on the organism of course/. Not eating in the evening and not eating anything sweet were the first things I did and the result was immediate.
11.05.2011 - 03:26
whatsacow
Written by Vivi' on 10.05.2011 at 16:55

Written by Ragana on 09.05.2011 at 20:28

Тhe thing that really works is not eating after 8 p.m. And also trying not to eat more than you need. Not to say not eating fried food and etc.

Fuck that. I dont have dinner till 8:30 most nights. But because of work we have a meal at 4:30.
----
11.05.2011 - 08:08
Yasmine
Dinner is at 10pm but i dont go to bed until like.....7am
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
11.05.2011 - 18:55
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Vivi' on 10.05.2011 at 21:08

A medical doctor told me that eating in the evening makes you fat. Of course breakfast is important, but if you have dinner at 11 p.m., that's not healthy and you wouldn't look good /which depends on the organism of course/. Not eating in the evening and not eating anything sweet were the first things I did and the result was immediate.

i eat regularly at 11 pm or even later and i am still thin ....it is all about how your body is built up....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
11.05.2011 - 20:25
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
It doesn't matter when the meals are eaten, just as long as you grub on them. Breakfast is a must within the first hour of being awake.
13.05.2011 - 00:12
whatsacow
Written by Guest on 11.05.2011 at 20:25

It doesn't matter when the meals are eaten, just as long as you grub on them. Breakfast is a must within the first hour of being awake.

Does pizza count as breakfast?
----
13.05.2011 - 15:40
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I just found out that my work has a weight room, so I'm going to start using that. Since I work grave now, I haven't really had the chance lately to drive to my normal gym. Getting paid to work out is awesome
13.05.2011 - 18:43
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by whatsacow on 13.05.2011 at 00:12

Only in a stoners world.
13.05.2011 - 19:06
Yasmine
I made it to 3K the past 2 days. lol
----
14.05.2011 - 08:41
whatsacow
Written by Guest on 13.05.2011 at 18:43

Written by whatsacow on 13.05.2011 at 00:12

Only in a stoners world.

What about lazy people?
----
14.05.2011 - 15:09
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Yasmine on 13.05.2011 at 19:06

I made it to 3K the past 2 days. lol

good....you are making a good progress...keep it that way....
----
14.05.2011 - 20:39
Yasmine
I'm going ice skating with female friend Monday.........we're gonna look so lame. lol
----
14.05.2011 - 23:50
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Yasmine on 14.05.2011 at 20:39

I'm going ice skating with female friend Monday.........we're gonna look so lame. lol

ice skating?where? i mean where you gonna find ice in May? In Blashyrkh?!
----
14.05.2011 - 23:57
Yasmine
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 14.05.2011 at 23:50

Written by Yasmine on 14.05.2011 at 20:39

ice skating?where? i mean where you gonna find ice in May? In Blashyrkh?!

At the ice rink! It's right between our houses so we can both walk like a mile to it. lol People are gonna look at us all wierd and stuff but it'll be fun.
----
15.05.2011 - 00:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 10.05.2011 at 20:37

You are supposed to eat three balanced meals a day. Breakfast is the most important part of the day. The healthier and the more balanced it is, the better your day will be. In the morning your stomach and body is needing food. When you feed it some good things, its that energy for the day.

It's better to eat six times a day, or five or seven times. You'll have a much steadier intake of food that way, which means a steadier source of energy and less fat-storage. It takes some getting used to but I love it now, don't want to go back.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.05.2011 - 01:57
Abattoir
Staff
Written by Lucas on 15.05.2011 at 00:08

Written by Guest on 10.05.2011 at 20:37

It's better to eat six times a day, or five or seven times. You'll have a much steadier intake of food that way, which means a steadier source of energy and less fat-storage. It takes some getting used to but I love it now, don't want to go back.

Exactly, 5-7 meals is much better for your body organism than 3 meals per day....especially when your working out or playing sports regulary.
15.05.2011 - 18:12
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
5-7 meals is way to much food. 3 meals and some healthy snacks. It's all you need. If you eat more food than your body can handle, its just going to sit there. I suggest eating 5-7 meals if you are a very very very active person. Meaning you are doing military training, or just something that exerts physical energy from you all day.

3 meals is the important one, then some healthy snacks in the middle.
I have been in the military and done some intense training, plus all of my deployments. I have learned the limits of the human body, more than 95% of the people in this world. Know nutrition like that back of my hand.
15.05.2011 - 18:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 15.05.2011 at 18:12

5-7 meals is way to much food. 3 meals and some healthy snacks. It's all you need. If you eat more food than your body can handle, its just going to sit there. I suggest eating 5-7 meals if you are a very very very active person. Meaning you are doing military training, or just something that exerts physical energy from you all day.

3 meals is the important one, then some healthy snacks in the middle.
I have been in the military and done some intense training, plus all of my deployments. I have learned the limits of the human body, more than 95% of the people in this world. Know nutrition like that back of my hand.

Meal, snack, whatever. 3 meals + some snacks = 5 - 7 meals.

Of course, the basis of it all is calculating what you need in kcal, getting your goals straight (gaining, cutting, or staying put) and then work from there.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.05.2011 - 18:20
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Either way, no matter what you do....its good to eat at least 3 meals. The breakfast is the most important, its what gets you going for the day,
Food is food, love eating it.
22.05.2011 - 06:23
I love running the most. I'll usually run about 30 to 40 miles on a good week. There's just something so relaxing about it, and it's a great time to listen to music.
23.05.2011 - 06:38
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by BlackenedMyths on 22.05.2011 at 06:23

I love running the most. I'll usually run about 30 to 40 miles on a good week. There's just something so relaxing about it, and it's a great time to listen to music.

Same. It's really one of the only times that I can full get into the song. I go through shoes like a mad man.