Metal Storm logo
Do you work out, and why?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 01.07.2007 - 16:59
well, i was just curious, with all the metal imagery consisting of so many "musclebands"(manowar, venom, hammerfall etc) who try to look so tough and "heavy", and having muscly band members is a must.

i do, for health and looking good.

Poll

Why do you work out, if you do?

both of the above
don't work out
for health
to look good

Total votes: 228
23.05.2011 - 06:40
Yasmine

Written by Guest on 23.05.2011 at 06:38

Written by BlackenedMyths on 22.05.2011 at 06:23

I love running the most. I'll usually run about 30 to 40 miles on a good week. There's just something so relaxing about it, and it's a great time to listen to music.

Same. It's really one of the only times that I can full get into the song. I go through shoes like a mad man.

Most of my shoes are heels......lol

I skated today, was fun took a friend with me!
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
24.05.2011 - 00:32
BlackenedMyths

I love running the most. I'll usually run about 30 to 40 miles on a good week. There's just something so relaxing about it, and it's a great time to listen to music.

Same. It's really one of the only times that I can full get into the song. I go through shoes like a mad man.

The only time I don't listen to music while running is when I'm competing. Also, I've been trying out minimalist running shoes for the past month and they are wonderful. Once I got used to them, they became the most comfortable pair of running shoes I own.
24.05.2011 - 01:26
ANGEL REAPER

Written by BlackenedMyths on 24.05.2011 at 00:32

The only time I don't listen to music while running is when I'm competing. Also, I've been trying out minimalist running shoes for the past month and they are wonderful. Once I got used to them, they became the most comfortable pair of running shoes I own.

pffft wasting money on running shoes......
Btw i got used to run with combat boots on....i mean they are heavy but once i got used to that i found that they are good for running on bad terrains such are those back home....and i am not bullshitin' you.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
24.05.2011 - 03:51
BlackenedMyths

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 24.05.2011 at 01:26

Written by BlackenedMyths on 24.05.2011 at 00:32

Btw i got used to run with combat boots on....i mean they are heavy but once i got used to that i found that they are good for running on bad terrains such are those back home....and i am not bullshitin' you.....

I couldn't imagine running in combat boots. That would be like running with five pound weights on my feet.
24.05.2011 - 12:10
ANGEL REAPER

Written by BlackenedMyths on 24.05.2011 at 03:51

I couldn't imagine running in combat boots. That would be like running with five pound weights on my feet.

well i didnt said that combat boots are best option for everyday running.....I just want to say that with them on rough terrains,snow and mud is easier to walk and run...The case is that i live in such rough place so i got used to walk and run with them on my feet especially during winters....And yes they are heavy like hell...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
24.05.2011 - 14:06
arwestromen

I try to do the running thing but I'm never motivated to do it so I go to the gym 4 times a week instead
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
24.05.2011 - 19:04
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 24.05.2011 at 12:10

I just want to say that with them on rough terrains,snow and mud is easier to walk and run...

Yeah, I thought so too... until the first (second, third, fourth... tenth) time I went out with 'em. I have had combat boots for three years and I have worn them for about ten times in total because they're so inflexible it's truly very uncomfortable to walk with them. But yeah, sure, nothing can get inside those boots so if one is able to run and jump with those... well, lucky bastard.
24.05.2011 - 21:44
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 24.05.2011 at 12:10

Written by BlackenedMyths on 24.05.2011 at 03:51

well i didnt said that combat boots are best option for everyday running.....I just want to say that with them on rough terrains,snow and mud is easier to walk and run...The case is that i live in such rough place so i got used to walk and run with them on my feet especially during winters....And yes they are heavy like hell...

I have run hundreds of miles in Combat boots. I am ex-military. Used to walk at least 6 miles a day in Iraq in them. Been running in them for years, good workout with them.
24.05.2011 - 21:45
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by arwestromen on 24.05.2011 at 14:06

I try to do the running thing but I'm never motivated to do it so I go to the gym 4 times a week instead
The past couple weeks I have been running to the gym. It's a good 4 miles there and 4 miles back.
24.05.2011 - 23:42
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 24.05.2011 at 19:04

I have had combat boots for three years and I have worn them for about ten times in total because they're so inflexible it's truly very uncomfortable to walk with them.

Thing is that combat boots need to be worn constantly for two to three weeks or so in order to make them fit you and become flexible... If you bear the discomfort during this period, you'll have boots that fit you perfectly afterwards...
25.05.2011 - 00:16
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Guest on 24.05.2011 at 21:44

Been running in them for years, good workout with them.

yes i agree with you...as long as they fit perfectly on your legs...
----
25.05.2011 - 04:53
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 25.05.2011 at 00:16

Written by Guest on 24.05.2011 at 21:44

Been running in them for years, good workout with them.

yes i agree with you...as long as they fit perfectly on your legs...

After you work them in, sometimes its hard to tell the difference.
25.05.2011 - 05:24
BlackenedMyths

If you can make yourself run for about a month or two, you'll get into a habit of running. Then it gets really hard to stop.
25.05.2011 - 05:31
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by BlackenedMyths on 25.05.2011 at 05:24

If you can make yourself run for about a month or two, you'll get into a habit of running. Then it gets really hard to stop.

Farther and farther you will run.
Plus its the perfect time to listen to some metal.
25.05.2011 - 09:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 25.05.2011 at 05:31

i once tried to run on a treadmill to the beat of "Kill the King" by Rainbow. it was way too fast and i almost stomped on my mp3 player as it fell from my headphones.
25.05.2011 - 18:15
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 25.05.2011 at 09:42

i once tried to run on a treadmill to the beat of "Kill the King" by Rainbow. it was way too fast and i almost stomped on my mp3 player as it fell from my headphones.

Treadmills are really hard to run on. Not to many people can do it. People like to make it to Point A to point B. Giving someone something to look at while running is a major plus.
25.05.2011 - 22:23
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 25.05.2011 at 18:15

Written by Valentin B on 25.05.2011 at 09:42

Treadmills are really hard to run on. Not to many people can do it. People like to make it to Point A to point B. Giving someone something to look at while running is a major plus.

it was weird the first time, but i got used to it quickly, to the point i actually like running on a treadmill better than running outside, i can see how much time passed, how many km i've ran, etc.
26.05.2011 - 09:10
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Some people like different things. For me I enjoy going from point A to point B.
26.05.2011 - 14:21
ANGEL REAPER

BTW since i am now living at university dorm which is like 2 min from the university i am forced to keep my body in shape by some different measures....like running upstairs from first to seventh floor (where i live) every time i go home....i mean i dont use an elevator at all....
----
26.05.2011 - 17:45
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 26.05.2011 at 14:21

BTW since i am now living at university dorm which is like 2 min from the university i am forced to keep my body in shape by some different measures....like running upstairs from first to seventh floor (where i live) every time i go home....i mean i dont use an elevator at all....

Plus for the college women.
26.05.2011 - 19:45
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Guest on 26.05.2011 at 17:45

however we lack them here....its this is university of technical sciences....
----
20.08.2011 - 11:48
Metal_4Ever

I don't work out, if I do it's surely for health.
20.08.2011 - 18:09
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 26.05.2011 at 19:45

Written by Guest on 26.05.2011 at 17:45

however we lack them here....its this is university of technical sciences....

Tech nerds are the best. They like to get down and dirty.

Written by Metal_4Ever on 20.08.2011 at 11:48

I don't work out, if I do it's surely for health.

Probably a good place to start.
21.08.2011 - 11:12
JCJen7

I workout for more practical reasons. I am a construction worker, so it is pretty necessary. Besides listening to music, sports (especially basketball) are very important to me, and working out really helps do that stuff. and looking good is always a plus.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
27.08.2011 - 05:43
Berserk

Looking better and feeling better (healthier). Plus, all the girls dig people who work out
----
Fear the Old Blood
27.08.2011 - 13:48
Maiden of Deth

I love going for hour-long jogs at night. I can think a lot when I run and it's really relaxing.
----
Heavy metal is the 666th element in the periodic table of mixology.
Heavy metal is the heaviest of the metals, even heavier than rock.
Here are the isotopes: Iron Maidenium - Panterium - King Diamondium - Hendrixium -
Megadethium - Sabbathium
27.08.2011 - 22:55
Mattybu

I don't work out enough to call it working out really. Mostly chillin out maxin', relaxin', all cool, but occasionally I will shoot some b-ball outside of the school.

As for treadmills, I kind of had a chuckle at the post that said they can be hard and not too many people can do it? Like man if you can walk or run without changing pace erratically which I'm sure everyone with legs does in their everyday life you can walk or run on a treadmill. I guess it's hard if you put it at Usain Bolt speed but I'm pretty sure almost every treadmill can be adjusted.
29.08.2011 - 19:17
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I've been working out for the last 3 years now the main reason is for health but its also nice to look good for the ladies;)
02.11.2011 - 03:30
second_coming89
Account deleted
I am a member of a gym. I developed a belly and needed to get rid of it, I looked awful for my age. I work on everything except my legs (because my legs look naturally muscular anyway). I do it for sex appeal.

I use supplements too such as light protein powder, lo-carb monster energy, etc.

Recently, I was too depressed and lost interest in gym. But lately I got my shit together and I'm getting back on track, getting my tone back
02.11.2011 - 14:35
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 02.11.2011 at 03:30

I am a member of a gym. I developed a belly and needed to get rid of it, I looked awful for my age. I work on everything except my legs (because my legs look naturally muscular anyway). I do it for sex appeal.

I use supplements too such as light protein powder, lo-carb monster energy, etc.

Recently, I was too depressed and lost interest in gym. But lately I got my shit together and I'm getting back on track, getting my tone back

Never be too sure bout your legs... in order to have everything balanced, do something for your legs as well... and back, and shoulders, and lower back, etc...

Supplements... someone might call me a puritan but I say no to these. Eggs, meat, milk, butter, yoghurt plus all the other healthy and natural food products (vegetables etc) are a lot better than some powders. My bro and I know cases where people go to the gym (of course for the looks only, not because of the general well being and physical form), they want to become big, very big and very fast. Thus those dudes ingest those "milkshakes" and whatnot, get really muscular for the beach season but you notice that they look as if made of rubber. And God help if they quit going to gym, the effect is lost and they end up having saggy moobs.

However, if you rely on hard workout only, whilst eating only normal food and eating it right, then you shall have a physique that is natural and stocky and that is a bit more reliable than being "temporarily inflated". You can get big fast by taking supplements... but in the end, it's a cheap way of handling it...
Plus... in order to lose fat, you need to do lots of aerobic exercises including running a lot until you literally sweat your lard layer off. I've seen results. At the arena I go to, there's an older bloke who always does the same thing, he runs around the arena for around 45 minutes or more. He's done it for couple of years and I remember him being chubby in the beginning, now he's getting leaner and leaner... At the same time, we see dudes who are chubby and do anaerobic exercises. They end up having a muscular body hidden underneath a layer of fat. If I had a beer gut, I could do ab exercises as much as I wanted but nobody would ever be aware of my hidden washboard.

That's about it... just had a hearty lunch myself, hitting the gym in an hour and continuing the hard routine I've been having these days that includes doing less repetitions but with maximum weight. After a week or two with this, you can move on to doing more repetitions but with less weight.