Metal Storm logo
Do you work out, and why?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 01.07.2007 - 16:59
well, i was just curious, with all the metal imagery consisting of so many "musclebands"(manowar, venom, hammerfall etc) who try to look so tough and "heavy", and having muscly band members is a must.

i do, for health and looking good.

Poll

Why do you work out, if you do?

both of the above
don't work out
for health
to look good

Total votes: 228
17.08.2012 - 16:24
Yellax
I am one of those people who work out to look a certain way and to maintain good health. I was an alcoholic throughout my late teenage years and early twenties. I almost died of blood clots when I was 25 because I screwed up everything so badly. That was a real turning point for me. I gave up drinking that heavily. It took me a year to recover. So, in five years, I really turned it around. These days, I'm one of those guys that everyone's eyes watches as he cycles around town in those spandex cyclist outfits. I'm quite proud of myself.
----
I'm a furry. Get used to it.
17.08.2012 - 18:51
FOOCK Nam
Written by Ernis on 17.08.2012 at 00:20

I never was underweight but I'm happy to see some extra pounds returning because my ideal would be to weigh 80 kilograms at my height of 5'11''...

80 kg w'ith 5'11'' seems a bit skinny for me. This dude is just 5'7 with 120 kg . I'm just 5'5 current 68 kg, slightly overweight based on Body Mass Index. I'm striving for about 90 kg... , by the way few months ago I was 75 kg, I look total HUGE XD . I really like bulky figure, hope girls like it
19.08.2012 - 02:21
Ernis
狼獾
Written by FOOCK Nam on 17.08.2012 at 18:51

Written by Ernis on 17.08.2012 at 00:20

I never was underweight but I'm happy to see some extra pounds returning because my ideal would be to weigh 80 kilograms at my height of 5'11''...

80 kg w'ith 5'11'' seems a bit skinny for me. This dude is just 5'7 with 120 kg . I'm just 5'5 current 68 kg, slightly overweight based on Body Mass Index. I'm striving for about 90 kg... , by the way few months ago I was 75 kg, I look total HUGE XD . I really like bulky figure, hope girls like it

Skinny? Actually 80 kg would be a normal weight for someone who stands 5'11'' tall. In fact, even if I were a bit less than 70 kg, it would still give a normal body mass index. I'm very lean. People have guessed my weight to be around 80 while it's less. I've just got very low fat percentage.

And the bloke on the photo looks bloated. His muscles look swollen and leave an impression of foreign bodies under his skin. I don't want to become like that. As to what girls like, I haven't managed to figure it out yet. Looks like looks don't matter that much to them because I've been pleasing to them even when I wasn't in shape.
19.08.2012 - 06:47
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
In extraordinarily skinny (as you can tell from the members pictures thread) but I'm fit, my metabolism is just so high I don't absorb a lot of fat and other nutrients. At 6' and 55 kilograms, it shows it's almost impossible for me to gain weight, even with my high calorie diet and high activity level
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.08.2012 - 01:45
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by FOOCK Nam on 17.08.2012 at 18:51

This dude is just 5'7 with 120 kg .

that dude is just plain scary, I'll tell you that.
24.08.2012 - 04:14
Thrashette
I don't remember if I posted in this thread a while back, but it's mostly to feel good. I feel like shit, both physically and emotionally, when I'm not active enough. And I guess it's for looks too, but I have a healthy enough diet and fast enough metabolism that I'm not gonna turn into a fatass anytime soon. It just might be nice to have a bit more muscle tone, though I'm generally pretty happy with my body
24.08.2012 - 04:54
FOOCK Nam
Written by Thrashette on 24.08.2012 at 04:14

I don't remember if I posted in this thread a while back, but it's mostly to feel good. I feel like shit, both physically and emotionally, when I'm not active enough. And I guess it's for looks too, but I have a healthy enough diet and fast enough metabolism that I'm not gonna turn into a fatass anytime soon. It just might be nice to have a bit more muscle tone, though I'm generally pretty happy with my body

My country, they don't like muscle girls. I dont quite know how female work out but I guess more weight loss exercise rather than muscle weight gain for girls...
24.08.2012 - 05:00
FOOCK Nam
Written by Boxcar Willy on 19.08.2012 at 06:47

In extraordinarily skinny (as you can tell from the members pictures thread) but I'm fit, my metabolism is just so high I don't absorb a lot of fat and other nutrients. At 6' and 55 kilograms, it shows it's almost impossible for me to gain weight, even with my high calorie diet and high activity level

I have known a dude is 5'5.5'' with 57kg. He looks pretty fit of athletic. I guess 6' with 90 - 100 kg is fit of muscle and huge as if you like. But cool thing is you have time relaxing easy going on workout XD.
24.08.2012 - 15:14
helofloki
Yeah, not as much as I used to and mostly for health, but also for the fun of it. Lifting heavy things is fun and it makes you feel god. Exhausting yourself is the same. I also do you Yoga, if that counts. That shit is healthy as shit.

As far as working out for looks go... If I'm healthy I probably look fine. Never cared that much about my appearance really.
24.08.2012 - 15:29
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I went for a 10 minute, hardcore mountain bike ride through my dirtbike trails yesterday.

I'm amazed how exhausted I was after only 10 minutes. It was a good workout
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.08.2012 - 16:56
Thrashette
Written by FOOCK Nam on 24.08.2012 at 04:54

Written by Thrashette on 24.08.2012 at 04:14

My country, they don't like muscle girls. I dont quite know how female work out but I guess more weight loss exercise rather than muscle weight gain for girls...

People don't like really muscular girls here because they think it's too "manly", but they're fine with girls who have just enough muscle to look fit and athletic while still being feminine. I have naturally scrawny arms and a thin waist, so I'd have to really work out a lot to put on enough muscle to look manly... and I'm not planning to live at the gym and become a female body builder or anything like that lol
24.08.2012 - 22:09
Mattybu
Who weighs themselves in kilograms. Even in Canada everyone uses pounds. I'm probably like 150 pounds of sexual tyrannosaurus. My exercise usually comes passively from yard work and stuff I would be doing anyways.
25.08.2012 - 00:07
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Mattybu on 24.08.2012 at 22:09

Who weighs themselves in kilograms. Even in Canada everyone uses pounds.

Pretty much everyone outside the US, Canada and the UK...

It was very annoying to be in a gym where all the weights were in imperial system...
25.08.2012 - 21:16
FOOCK Nam
Written by Ernis on 25.08.2012 at 00:07

Who weighs themselves in kilograms. Even in Canada everyone uses pounds.

Pretty much everyone outside the US, Canada and the UK...

It was very annoying to be in a gym where all the weights were in imperial system...

I have been used to be with height measure, people can say how feet ' you are, I can convert in into meters, though from pounds to kilograms, still hard for me... : (
26.08.2012 - 06:54
FOOCK Nam
Written by helofloki on 24.08.2012 at 15:14

Yeah, not as much as I used to and mostly for health, but also for the fun of it. Lifting heavy things is fun and it makes you feel god. Exhausting yourself is the same. I also do you Yoga, if that counts. That shit is healthy as shit.

As far as working out for looks go... If I'm healthy I probably look fine. Never cared that much about my appearance really.

manly yoga
26.08.2012 - 06:57
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

I'm probably like 150 pounds of sexual tyrannosaurus.

best comment in this thread
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.08.2012 - 05:51
Mattybu
Written by Boxcar Willy on 26.08.2012 at 06:57

I'm probably like 150 pounds of sexual tyrannosaurus.

best comment in this thread

Predator's a good one for quotes.

"DILLON! You son of a bitch!" *sound of meat slapping together followed by air arm wrestling scene*
03.09.2012 - 05:42
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I'm going back into the military. Have to train for BUDS (Navy Seal Selection). Have lots and I mean lots of fucking work to do.
20.09.2012 - 18:21
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 19.09.2012 at 18:50

Written by Guest on 03.09.2012 at 05:42

I'm going back into the military. Have to train for BUDS (Navy Seal Selection). Have lots and I mean lots of fucking work to do.

wish u luck bruh, always wanted to join the forces but somehow am scared of the training., so i can make no soldier

Training was my favorite party. Just need to know that you won't die.
28.11.2012 - 10:13
BudDa
Elite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 19.08.2012 at 06:47

Lol. I can only imagine. Coz am 6' and 75kg and already people think am anorexic. You will though put on weight. As you grow older your metabolism will decrease and so will your activity level. And once you take on an 8-5 job that will be it!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
30.11.2012 - 00:26
FOOCK Nam
The more you older the more you easily gain weight, just eat and sleep more while exercise workout for the shape... : )
30.11.2012 - 00:28
FOOCK Nam
Written by Guest on 20.09.2012 at 18:21

wish u luck bruh, always wanted to join the forces but somehow am scared of the training., so i can make no soldier

How many pushup you can do up to a time ? or in 2 minutes... I heard the army training hard pushup many as you can in 2 minutes... : )
05.12.2012 - 21:11
Identitarian
- Do you work out?

No.

- Why?

I´m a lazy fat fuck.
06.12.2012 - 04:16
MetallicA
Written by FOOCK Nam on 30.11.2012 at 00:28

Written by Guest on 20.09.2012 at 18:21

How many pushup you can do up to a time ? or in 2 minutes... I heard the army training hard pushup many as you can in 2 minutes... : )

Navy Seals...that's no joke! Good luck bro

@phalanx - I never thought I could do it either...when I was still with my ex, he went through a brutal police academy and that shit scared the hell out of me. It sounded awful. Well, what do I do a few years later, join the military and went through 3 months of pure suck! I did it and never thought I could and I am glad I did

@brothers forever - when I was still in training, I did 66 pushups in 1 minute. I will probably never be able to to that many in a minute ever again. haha I was in the best shape of my life while in training...all we did was exercise and get yelled at so of course I could do alot. Now, I can still do alot but not that many. Maybe like 50-something.

Yeah I now work out because I have to. Before it was to be healthy and look good lol
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
06.12.2012 - 04:20
MetallicA
Written by FOOCK Nam on 30.11.2012 at 00:26

The more you older the more you easily gain weight, just eat and sleep more while exercise workout for the shape... : )

you are not kidding about that. I don't know what it was but I gained 10 pounds when I was in OTS (officer training school) this summer. We worked out all the time but I still gained weight...most of the girls gained weight and most of the dudes lost weight. Not fair!
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
06.12.2012 - 07:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by MetallicA on 06.12.2012 at 04:20

you are not kidding about that. I don't know what it was but I gained 10 pounds when I was in OTS (officer training school) this summer. We worked out all the time but I still gained weight...most of the girls gained weight and most of the dudes lost weight. Not fair!

simple, since you gain muscles, you gain weight. Muscles weigh a lot more than fat.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.12.2012 - 23:31
FOOCK Nam
What Marcel said is true, if you want muscles you must gain weight... and depend on type of training workout, seems you get ripped looking thinner but actually it is because you have muscles grown... but after all workout time when off-season you will get back gaining weight easier, you will eat more because you have spended a lot of energy after workout, so that you need to input more calories

@MetallicA: my highest pushup record I ever made is 70, more than you haha XD... but I know males in USA they can do a lot like around 100 in a-time, guys practice 500 pushups a day... currently Im on training to being able to do so : )
07.12.2012 - 19:09
Ronan
No, I am not work out because I have no time. I am an online worker. So, my work place at home. I am so happy about this work because it has more freedom. Also I like this type of work very much. Also thanks a lot for your nice question.
----
CPSC
10.12.2012 - 01:17
MetallicA
Lol I know some of the weight gain is from gaining muscle...but not all of it! It's because of the way we had to eat...they gave us so much food and we had like 3 minutes to eat it so I shoveled it down my throat and my body didn't have time to react to tell me it was full. Naturally I eat fast and this didn't help...I shouldn't have eaten all of it but I hate wasting food! The people who eat slow lost alot of weight though because they couldn't eat their entire plate of food in 3 minutes like I could. hahaha Yeah I gained like 2 inches on my waist since then. Freakin annoying! Eh oh well, like you said it is mostly muscle.
----

In the blazing inferno
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
with no remorse.
11.12.2012 - 17:31
Ernis
狼獾
Written by MetallicA on 10.12.2012 at 01:17

Lol I know some of the weight gain is from gaining muscle...but not all of it! It's because of the way we had to eat...they gave us so much food and we had like 3 minutes to eat it so I shoveled it down my throat and my body didn't have time to react to tell me it was full. Naturally I eat fast and this didn't help...I shouldn't have eaten all of it but I hate wasting food! The people who eat slow lost alot of weight though because they couldn't eat their entire plate of food in 3 minutes like I could. hahaha Yeah I gained like 2 inches on my waist since then. Freakin annoying! Eh oh well, like you said it is mostly muscle.

True... there is muscle gain but it's not lean muscle but a more "fatty" muscle mass instead... Could you not ask for a smaller portion that you could eat within those three minutes? The Chinese always say "慢慢吃!" (eat slow-slow). If food is shovelled down like that, it does not digest the way it should. Some feel sick and some start farting like monsters. It's just my own opinion but if one has to make the choice of consuming food in an abnormal and possibly unhealthy manner or throwing it away (which makes me feel incredibly guilty) then I call it a method of psychological torture. Why should one pick between feeling bad physically and feeling bad spiritually?
Then again, army is not supposed to be all comfy but while in the US it's your own choice if you choose to serve then there are countries where conscription is compulsory and people have to serve the state... even though the leaders live in luxury while the ordinary people have to quit their jobs and lose the income in order to spend a period of their life in a military camp because refusal to do so results in punishment. It's especially tragic/ironic when a politician in charge of military affairs and stressing the importance of mandatory conscription has never gone through the service himself while some ordinary hard-working guy who has a wife and kids is forced to go through this because both the law and the propaganda state that only this turns a boy into a man.