Metal Storm logo
Do you work out, and why?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 01.07.2007 - 16:59
well, i was just curious, with all the metal imagery consisting of so many "musclebands"(manowar, venom, hammerfall etc) who try to look so tough and "heavy", and having muscly band members is a must.

i do, for health and looking good.

Poll

Why do you work out, if you do?

both of the above
don't work out
for health
to look good

Total votes: 228
23.11.2007 - 20:43
TDFX
Well I try to do some physical exercises in the morning, but half the time the extra 10 minutes of sleep seem more important. :-P I'm lazy.
----
Last.fm
23.11.2007 - 21:42
Bulletdodger
I used to spend a few hours every day at the basketball court during the summer , but when schools started , I didn't have a lot time , but I had all the extra energy , so every day for about 40 min I do push-ups and sit-ups , and I can tell that I'm stronger now. I do it both for good looks and health because I don't do anything else good for my body.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
24.11.2007 - 22:35
b0000mst1ck
i voted "for health", although there should be an option for job-related aspects. i'm an armed guard at one job, and a private investigator for the other one. i'm usually in two fights a month, at least. gotta stay in shape when your life might be on the line.
26.11.2007 - 16:33
Bulletdodger
Written by b0000mst1ck on 24.11.2007 at 22:35

i voted "for health", although there should be an option for job-related aspects. i'm an armed guard at one job, and a private investigator for the other one. i'm usually in two fights a month, at least. gotta stay in shape when your life might be on the line.

Well is the payment good?
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
26.11.2007 - 20:32
b0000mst1ck
Written by Bulletdodger on 26.11.2007 at 16:33

Written by b0000mst1ck on 24.11.2007 at 22:35

Well is the payment good?

compared to the average pay rate around here, yeah. i work full-time as a guard and make about 28k/year, and two days a week doing investigating i make about 5k/year.

i have a friend who's a police officer in the county i live in. he works in a smaller town, but he makes less hourly than i do as an armed guard, so i really can't complain.
26.11.2007 - 21:48
Lord TJ
I don't work out. I would rather do so for health and then to look good, but I can never get off my ass. Im skinny though so obesity is something I do not have to worry about....yet.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
27.11.2007 - 01:02
Oracle
Orcinus
I should get into working out coz im starting to put on weight and my gut is like a beer gut now lol. i have been doing sit ups every night though and i also go for walks but i do need to do more than that.
27.11.2007 - 12:36
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Oracle on 27.11.2007 at 01:02

I should get into working out coz im starting to put on weight and my gut is like a beer gut now lol. i have been doing sit ups every night though and i also go for walks but i do need to do more than that.

Doing sit-ups won't help you get rid of your beer gut...you have to invovle more and bigger muscles to burn some of the fat of (not saying you're fat here). The abs are too small and have to be worked on for a very long time to get results...a good sport would be kick-boxing (not involving direct fights of course...just hitting and kicking pads) 'cause it involves most part of your body and raises your pulse...anyway not my business just an advise
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
27.11.2007 - 12:42
Oracle
Orcinus
Written by GT on 27.11.2007 at 12:36

Doing sit-ups won't help you get rid of your beer gut...you have to invovle more and bigger muscles to burn some of the fat of (not saying you're fat here). The abs are too small and have to be worked on for a very long time to get results...a good sport would be kick-boxing (not involving direct fights of course...just hitting and kicking pads) 'cause it involves most part of your body and raises your pulse...anyway not my business just an advise

I know they wont but if i keep doing them for a bit it might help a lil bit. it just takes a bit of time. it would be good to go to the gym but they are too expensive here. actually my brother has a punching bag.. would that help?
my parents have one of those exercise bike things which i use when i go to their place and its so tiring.
27.11.2007 - 12:47
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Oracle on 27.11.2007 at 12:42

I know they wont but if i keep doing them for a bit it might help a lil bit. it just takes a bit of time. it would be good to go to the gym but they are too expensive here. actually my brother has a punching bag.. would that help?
my parents have one of those exercise bike things which i use when i go to their place and its so tiring.

Yeah it would help...only it's harder to motivate yourself if your alone doing it, but hitting and kicking a punching bag for an hour a week would help (especially if you keep your pulse high). Exerceise bikes are boring and not much good (unless you do spinning).
----

27.11.2007 - 13:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Oracle on 27.11.2007 at 12:42

a punching bag is great, just put on "eye of the tiger" and you'll sweat in no time(also a great development would be for you to get to kick high enough so that you at least touch the bag, a girl can't possibly smash it so don't worry). abs development is great and all but you need to focus on getting rid of the fat off the whole body before you can even see your abs.

btw in your first pic you look really skinny, how did you even manage to put on the gut?
27.11.2007 - 15:22
Bulletdodger
I always wanted do get one of those punching bags , but there is no space in my room or my house
----
David Hilbert
27.11.2007 - 23:43
Oracle
Orcinus
@GT: the only problem is i dont live at home anymore and i cant use it everyday. but i would get motivated into it if i had a punching bag.
the exercise bike my parents have is a new one and its kinda fun and it keeps my pulse high.

@cursed: The pic was taken Jan this year and since then ive gained about 13 kilos. i used to weigh about 43kg and now i weigh 54kg and some of that has gone to my bum, legs and gut. those areas are just lumps of flab
28.11.2007 - 10:01
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Oracle: another option would be to just buy some gloves and pads in a local sports equipment store and then just get Matt to hold the pads...that way he could motivate you and you would be able to variate your punches more
----

28.11.2007 - 10:27
Oracle
Orcinus
@GT: that would be a great idea. except i dont know if they are expensive or not. i could save up for them though.
Thanks for the exercise advise though i really appreciate it..
28.11.2007 - 10:50
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Oracle: christmas is coming you know... You're welcome...it's always nice to be able to give advice
----

28.11.2007 - 11:06
Oracle
Orcinus
@GT: haha i know. soooo what you getting me for xmas huh huh? hehe joking. ive already got my eye on something else buuuuuttttt ive got a birthday coming up too lol plus whenever i see my parents ill use my brother punching bag.
29.11.2007 - 03:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
For anyone that is interested in the Blowflex, don't get it, unless you only want to tone your body. I have no idea why they're so popular. My friend has one and it's seriously weak. I am not a big person, but I stack it on every single workout, with reps. Machines suck anyways though.
29.11.2007 - 12:17
Woutjinho
Account deleted
both I quess. me and my girlfriend both go to the gym, so its more for fun though
29.11.2007 - 13:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 29.11.2007 at 03:06

For anyone that is interested in the Blowflex, don't get it, unless you only want to tone your body. I have no idea why they're so popular. My friend has one and it's seriously weak. I am not a big person, but I stack it on every single workout, with reps. Machines suck anyways though.

oh yeah! someone could only put on serious muscle with stupid machines only if he's a perfect eater and a genetic freak or something.

everyone who's skinny has to give the good old free weights exercises(especially deadlifts, rows, curls and presses) a chance.
29.11.2007 - 13:10
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Oracle on 27.11.2007 at 23:43

@GT: the only problem is i dont live at home anymore and i cant use it everyday. but i would get motivated into it if i had a punching bag.
the exercise bike my parents have is a new one and its kinda fun and it keeps my pulse high.

@cursed: The pic was taken Jan this year and since then ive gained about 13 kilos. i used to weigh about 43kg and now i weigh 54kg and some of that has gone to my bum, legs and gut. those areas are just lumps of flab

what the fuck?? 43 kilos? i remember i weighed that much when i was 11 or so with 1.60 in height or something. anyway you only have to get off about 5-8 kilos or so cause frankly, you looked VERY skinny indeed in those pics. (give Matt something he can actually grab! ) j/k lol

indeed the punching bag and stationary bike are great, also try running(outdoors), and maybe aerobics, tae-bo or pilates if you have a fitness gym in the area(i know someone who lost about 6 kg in two months with these 3).
29.11.2007 - 13:37
Oracle
Orcinus
@Cursed: i was quite small indeed but this yeah i started gaining weight and its ever since i started having this injection thing which stops me from getting pregnant. apparantly it is one of the side effects of the injection. anyway i do plan on losing that much. i dont wanna lose too much coz then the new clothes i bought wont fit me anymore
I didnt like being 43 kilos coz people used to call me anorexic even when i was in mcdonalds lol.
16.02.2008 - 08:38
Shreddkillski
Account deleted
I work out to keep the beergut at bay
18.02.2008 - 10:13
Death Knight
I do an hour of pt every morning and around half an hour every afternoon. Mainly because i have to keep fit for work ( we have fitness test every 6 months and if you fail you can loose your job), but also because fitness is great.
I used to think people who said you feel so much better and healthier if you work out were just jocks and nob jockeys, but after getting fairly fit i had to realize that everything you hear is true. i feel heaps better than i use to. so much more energy for work and play!
People dont be lazy get out there!
21.02.2008 - 21:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I used to work out when I had time (and time is a factor no matter what people say). I did karate for 5 years and I had to leave when I started college. Since then I havent done anything but I all at least two hours everyday and that helps a lot. I'm thin and my weight never varies much, I have kept the same weight for 4 years now and I feel I'm healthy. Most of all I eat well, I take care of myself by doing that. I'll let the work out for people that actually can and want to. I don't need it right now. I'm good with my body.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.02.2008 - 01:23
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I found a gym that's closer to my house, so I've been working out more than I was before, but not nearly as much as I was about three years ago. I'm still strictly using free weights because machines are gay, but I just found this cable cross thing in the corner of the gym, where I've never been before, and I found that it really works out your chest well. But, it's slowly destroying my shoulders.
22.02.2008 - 01:40
Deadgirl
I wouldn't call it "working out," but I get a lot of exercise from school... Somehow my schedule always ends up with each class in a different building and on a different floor. Making a policy of taking stairs every day instead of elevators does so much more good than most people would think... I also dance (mostly for amusement and because I think I'm funny), even though it is totally not metal, brutal, or cool in any way. And I used to do cross country running and track when I was in high school. :3
----
Remember that you are mortal.
22.02.2008 - 06:24
PsychoNerd

yeah you can be a gut sometimes, but it's good that you work out, i however don't work out mainly because when riding a bike, theres no destanation, but im not fat, but i am skinny, ive recently been doing a bit of fence though.
----
The computer Nerd
22.02.2008 - 06:25
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I try and run at least a mile four to five times a week. I find it both physically and mentally stimulating.
----
The force will be with you, always.
25.02.2008 - 12:56
Destryphior
As I have martial arts trainings 4 times a week I mostly work for my own health. Have exercise as a daily routine, containing 30 min of full body training. I will also go to the gym at least once a week. But I cannot deny that there is a bit of a look aspect to all the work out. So for me both